OT: Has anyone heard from brock?

That’s something I will have to ask for next time.

Question: What are the chances that when we ask for Chef’s Choice that the Chef will send out a well-done t-bone as his choice?
Generally you get it rare, medium rare, or somewhere inebetween but if you go to brocks favorite establishments. There is a pretty good chance you get it totally black.

Advertisement
🎉🎉🎉
Filet Rare
Rib eye and NY Medium rare
Porter house, T-bone and Rib eye and NY rare plus
The fat has to be right for me. I don’t like prime rib any other way. “Mushy” shrug to each his own. End cuts are great
All the flavor is on the end cut....from the Garlic, to the Rosemary....it all congregates at the end....

All the flavor is on the end cut....from the Garlic, to the Rosemary....it all congregates at the end....

Just had an end cut of prime rib last night w/ giant red king crab legs, & an extra large baked potato, fully loaded. Had that au jus & horse radish on the side, boyyyyyy! Server said their prime was their #1 seller, & I could see y. Giant red king legs were pre split all the way from top to bottom, served w/ this melted garlic butter w/ a hint of lemon zest; absolutely sweet. They also had escargot as an appetizer, which I’m a huge fan of, & it’s not too many spots in CA that I’ve been to w/ that on the menu.

I was ****ed off b/c I literally tore through that chit & I was like I forgot to take a pic! Lol. But for my So Cal Canes fan, if u want a hella chilled spot w/ great food, hit up the OC’s Capt Jacks. It’s expensive, but the food is worth it. (for context, spent $400 just between me & my homegirl)
Nice size portions, as well. Great drinks, w/ no uptight dress codes; can literally come in w/ shorts, T-shirt & slides.

Advertisement
Just had an end cut of prime rib last night w/ giant red king crab legs, & an extra large baked potato, fully loaded. Had that au jus & horse radish on the side, boyyyyyy! Server said their prime was their #1 seller, & I could see y. Giant red king legs were pre split all the way from top to bottom, served w/ this melted garlic butter w/ a hint of lemon zest; absolutely sweet. They also had escargot as an appetizer, which I’m a huge fan of, & it’s not too many spots in CA that I’ve been to w/ that on the menu.

I was ****ed off b/c I literally tore through that chit & I was like I forgot to take a pic! Lol. But for my So Cal Canes fan, if u want a hella chilled spot w/ great food, hit up the OC’s Capt Jacks. It’s expensive, but the food is worth it. (for context, spent $400 just between me & my homegirl)
Nice size portions, as well. Great drinks, w/ no uptight dress codes; can literally come in w/ shorts, T-shirt & slides.
I Love spots like that. Places where I'm comfortable from A to Z....a reason why I love SW Fl....those type of places are plentiful from Sarasota to Naples. Ambience + Great food and Drink on the water to boot is hard to beat.

I Love spots like that. Places where I'm comfortable from A to Z....a reason why I love SW Fl....those type of places are plentiful from Sarasota to Naples. Ambience + Great food and Drink on the water to boot is hard to beat.

Yeah bro, totally agree. A lot of beach city spots around the coast r like that; just chill, good food, great drinks, come as u r. It’s automatically assumed u can afford the spot, so why impose a dress code? Mind u, I definitely don’t mind a nice dress up spot, but who wants to eat lobster & crab all buttoned up? That jawn be flying all around, butter splashing! Lol. Let me be comfortable & send the bill.

I would classify this spot as a high end dive bar, even had an O.G on the piano, w/ some groovy melodies.

Oh, man, I went to Captain Jack's once back in the early 1990s, it was fantastic. I was dating a girl at UM who was from Anaheim, she grew up within walking distance of Disneyland (and went to high school with Gwen Stefani). One aunt/uncle lived in Long Beach, one lived in Newport Beach. Spent three straight Christmas breaks with her family in CA, loved it.

I eat My prime rib medium well, are y’all happy now? Smh lol

team-america (1).gif

Advertisement
CIO - I spend a lot of time on the Gulf Coast now. Can you share with me your top 3 spots between Naples & Sarasota?

CIO - I spend a lot of time on the Gulf Coast now. Can you share with me your top 3 spots between Naples & Sarasota?

Not CIO, but while I think I can predict a few spots he'll suggest (sandwich place in Cape Coral, breakfast place in Ft. Myers Beach), I'll give you a few spots too. My sister (and one of my aunts too) lives in Sarasota and I used to live in Ft. Myers/Cape Coral, and one of my best friends from UM undergrad/UM law is still there.

Sarasota - get some pies from Yoder's. My sister and/or aunt usually brings a few up to Orlando.

Bonita - there's a very old, long-standing Mexican joint called Maria's out on Old 41 (not main US 41). Haven't been in about 10 years, so I'll let CIO tell you if it's still solid, but it's one of the places that's been there forever and was a favorite of the locals for a long time.

San Carlos Park - there's a great breakfast place called FK Your Diet on US 41, between San Carlos Boulevard and Estero Parkway. I'd be willing to bet you that CIO will tell us that he knows the owner...

Sanibel - there's a lot of great seafood restaurants out this way, but I always loved going to the original Cheeburger Cheeburger.

Captiva - I love Tween Waters and The Green Flash for ambience, and CIO will tell you about The Mucky Duck, but I liked going to the original Bubble Room, even if just for the desserts. Every year at "Taste of Fort Myers", the Bubble Room cakes were the first thing to sell out, both the Red Velvet and the Orange Crunch cakes.

CIO is the guy to talk to about seafood, I don't eat fish, so I trust him completely on that subject.

Last edited:
Not CIO, but while I think I can predict a few spots he'll suggest (sandwich place in Cape Coral, breakfast place in Ft. Myers Beach), I'll give you a few spots too. My sister (and one of my aunts too) lives in Sarasota and I used to live in Ft. Myers/Cape Coral, and one of my best friends from UM undergrad/UM law is still there.

Sarasota - get some pies from Yoder's. My sister and/or aunt usually brings a few up to Orlando.

Bonita - there's a very old, long-standing Mexican joint called Maria's out on Old 41 (not main US 41). Haven't been in about 10 years, so I'll let CIO tell you if it's still solid, but it's one of the places that's been there forever and was a favorite of the locals for a long time.

San Carlos Park - there's a great breakfast place called FK Your Diet on US 41, between San Carlos Boulevard and Estero Parkway. I'd be willing to bet you that CIO will tell us that he knows the owner...

Sanibel - there's a lot of great seafood restaurants out this way, but I always loved going to the original Cheeburger Cheeburger.

Captiva - I love Tween Waters and The Green Flash for ambience, and CIO will tell you about The Mucky Duck, but I liked going to the original Bubble Room, even if just for the deserts. Every year at "Taste of Fort Myers", the Bubble Room cakes were the first thing to sell out, both the Red Velvet and the Orange Crunch cakes.

CIO is the guy to talk to about seafood, I don't eat fish, so I trust him completely on that subject.
Also in Ft Myers is the Farmers market restaurant, some of the best pies I've had.

Advertisement

Captiva - I love Tween Waters and The Green Flash for ambience, and CIO will tell you about The Mucky Duck, but I liked going to the original Bubble Room, even if just for the deserts. Every year at "Taste of Fort Myers", the Bubble Room cakes were the first thing to sell out, both the Red Velvet and the Orange Crunch cakes.

Thank you!!

Advertisement

I don’t mind paying for good food! But unfortunately for me, I live in small town, GA. 😞

Advertisement
Back