OT: Harvard to start NIL collective.

They are going to have the strongest goddam rowing team in the history of rowing

Advertisement
It takes a special kind of student athlete to be able to handle the academic workload and time commitment to sports to be successful at both at ivy league schools. They might be a little less stringent on admissions now to meet some diversity requirements, but they aren't going to make it any easier when you get there. Im sure NIL would probably help with the kids who are on the fence about going Ivy or P5, but I don't think they would ever be able to get in the type of talent to be anything beyond decent at football.

Advertisement
It would be interesting. The cadets and midshipmen already get a monthly stipend I believe around 1100 or so
It depends on the year/class of the cadet, or at least it did 20 years ago. C4Cs got basically nothing, C1Cs received a descent amount.

It takes a special kind of student athlete to be able to handle the academic workload and time commitment to sports to be successful at both at ivy league schools. They might be a little less stringent on admissions now to meet some diversity requirements, but they aren't going to make it any easier when you get there. Im sure NIL would probably help with the kids who are on the fence about going Ivy or P5, but I don't think they would ever be able to get in the type of talent to be anything beyond decent at football.
Nice job assuming that minorities can’t get in with higher standards. Yep, let’s ignore the concept of development admits and legacies, which enshrine mediocrity. Miss me with this crap. If you manage to get into an Ivy League school as a minority or a student athlete odds are you earned your way in like most of your classmates.

Nice job assuming that minorities can’t get in with higher standards. Yep, let’s ignore the concept of development admits and legacies, which enshrine mediocrity. Miss me with this crap. If you manage to get into an Ivy League school as a minority or a student athlete odds are you earned your way in like most of your classmates.

Stop being a ****. They have gotten caught discriminating against Asians

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back