OT Greg Lovelady

I love how you ignore the other end of the spectern. Has O'Sullivan done BETTER than 1-2? Has he ever made it to the CWS finals? Has he ever made it to a bracket final? Because grandpa has done no better than 1-2 for 15 straight years.

I didn't think even you could be stupid enough to argue that a single 2-2 performance is sufficient. But you just did.

Mike Martin has gone 2-2 since 2001.

Mike Batesole has won a national championship since then,

It's a silly criterion.

Advertisement
Going deep into the CWS multiple times during the same time span in which Jim Morris hasn't gone deep in the CWS would make that person a better coach, yes.

I'm not sure if "tuition" or "random" applies here, but you will certainly let me know.

Advertisement
Going deep into the CWS multiple times during the same time span in which Jim Morris hasn't gone deep in the CWS would make that person a better coach, yes.

2-2 = deep

1-2 = not deep

I love it.

More silliness.

Or 3-2 and 3-2 with a runner-up finish. Kevin O'Sullivan has never gone 2-2 in Omaha. Get your facts right before you come back.

Florida won 3 games in Omaha last year. Jim Morris has won three games in Omaha in the last 11 years combined. Let that sink in.

But 44 years.

Or 3-2 and 3-2 with a runner-up finish. Kevin O'Sullivan has never gone 2-2 in Omaha. Get your facts right before you come back.

So two 3-2's and two 0-2's.

But a single 2-2 would make him (or anybody) a better coach than Jim Morris.

Stop trying to run away from that.

Florida won 3 games in Omaha last year. Jim Morris has won three games in Omaha in the last 11 years combined. Let that sink in.

Mike Batesole has won 5 games in Omaha. Jim Morris has won 5 games in Omaha in the last 14 years.

Let the irrelevance of those numbers sink in.

So two 3-2's and two 0-2's.

But a single 2-2 would make him (or anybody) a better coach than Jim Morris.

Stop trying to run away from that.

I'm not running away from it. I'll repeat it for the 30th time. Maxing out at 1-2 in Omaha for 15 straight years is a black mark against a coach. Even a guy like Mike Batesole can stumble his way into more than one win out there. Augie Garrido was forced out, and he had a better showing in Omaha just two years ago.

Advertisement

Mike Batesole has won 5 games in Omaha. Jim Morris has won 5 games in Omaha in the last 14 years.

Let the irrelevance of those numbers sink in.

It is not irrelevant to say that Jim Morris has won 5 games in Omaha in 14 years. That is a tragedy at a once proud program.

Even a guy like Mike Batesole can stumble his way into more than one win out there.

Stumble into it.

You finally got something right.

It has almost nothing to do with his ability as a coach. He'll never coach in another game in Omaha let alone win one.

Augie Garrido was forced out, and he had a better showing in Omaha just two years ago.

You keep making good points even though I'm sure you don't mean to.

2012: 30-22 (Missed Postseason)
2013: 27-24 (Missed Postseason)
2014: 43-19 (College World Series)
2015: 30-27 (Regional)
2016: 25-32 (Missed Postseason)

Texas has missed the postseason 3 times in the last 5 years. Who cares that they went 3-2 one time in Omaha? It didn't mean anything. Their program is still a mess.

A team can go 1-2 and have a healthy program (Us) and a team can go 3-2 and have a program in disarray (Texas).

Even a guy like Mike Batesole can stumble his way into more than one win out there.

Stumble into it.

You finally got something right.

It has almost nothing to do with his ability as a coach. He'll never coach in another game in Omaha let alone win one.

I've been right the whole time. We see coaches who can put something together at least once, but not ours. O'Sullivan might go 0-2 in Omaha again this year. But he made a title series appearance. Garrido might be out of a job. But he was one extra inning game from a title series appearance. O'Connor might not go back to Omaha. But he found a way to win the whole thing. We just keep patting our grandpa on the back and telling him to keep doing what he is doing, because it's all random anyway.

Advertisement
Augie Garrido was forced out, and he had a better showing in Omaha just two years ago.

You keep making good points even though I'm sure you don't mean to.

2012: 30-22 (Missed Postseason)
2013: 27-24 (Missed Postseason)
2014: 43-19 (College World Series)
2015: 30-27 (Regional)
2016: 25-32 (Missed Postseason)

Texas has missed the postseason 3 times in the last 5 years. Who cares that they went 3-2 one time in Omaha? It didn't mean anything. Their program is still a mess.

A team can go 1-2 and have a healthy program (Us) and a team can go 3-2 and have a program in disarray (Texas).

And that's why he's out. But he still figured out a way to build his team for a run at the whole thing at least once.

I hope the team doesn't have your expectations. I hope they are devastated when we are eliminated instead of having a parade for having a "healthy program" and "making it to Omaha".

We see coaches who can put something together at least once, but not ours.

Maybe that's your problem.

I don't want a coach who can 'put it together' one time. I want sustainability. And you can't name another program that's had as much sustainable success as ours.

Advertisement
O'Sullivan might go 0-2 in Omaha again this year. But he made a title series appearance.

Who gives a chit?

O'Sullivan would then have gone 0-2 three times in Omaha with stacked teams.

You wouldn't say a word about him but Jim Morris goes 1-2 five times and it's a travesty?

What a crock.

Who cares about this Chit? Morris is the coach through 2018. We had the best record in the ACC and we are a National seed, that is all that matters. Stop engaging the idiot in a debate Piccolo.

But he still figured out a way to build his team for a run at the whole thing at least once.

He didn't build anything.

They finished 5th in the Big 12. They had the national seed opposite of them lose in the regional so they hosted the super regional. Then they lost their opener in Omaha and had to come back from the loser's bracket.

They sucked for pretty much the entirely of two years prior and the two years since.

But you think he 'figured something out' instead of what really happened.

Advertisement
Back