OT: Give me some MJ!

I actually really liked that Knicks team. My wife (NY Italian) loved that team and we lived in Miami at the time so we watched (or went to) all of those games. Some of the best NBA series in history, IMO. Heart breaking for the Heat tho. Jeez.
Use to watch P Ewing in high school he played our hs he actually had two other super stars on that team. One was lance Dotton or something like that, what a team. 4 years of watching our HS team get crushed. lol

Advertisement
Jordan had plenty of chances to win some of those games when when Boston beat them 12 in a row and it the playoffs but he choked. Go back and watch the last 10 minutes of those games. You guys are saying he was the greatest player of all time I'm just showing you he clearly wasn't. Ya of course at the end he could beat an old man with a bad back and ankle who could never jump more than a ft off the ground. LMAO But at both their peaks he wasn't better.

No other player on chicago averaged more than 14 points a game how could they with Jordan taking so many shots per game? Led the league almost every year he played.
8E704B82-0E10-457D-B9E8-2CBD7475D19B.png

The best scorer in the league usually leads in shots taken. However, Jordan taking shots didn’t stop Pippen from scoring. You’re literally arguing Larry is better because he won with 5 HOF teammates vs a young Jordan with nobody. Even in the early years Jordan had more points and higher FG % vs Larry 10/14 times

View attachment 114559
The best scorer in the league usually leads in shots taken. However, Jordan taking shots didn’t stop Pippen from scoring. You’re literally arguing Larry is better because he won with 5 HOF teammates vs a young Jordan with nobody. Even in the early years Jordan had more points and higher FG % vs Larry 10/14 times

You’re arguing with a typical moronic Boston sports fan

Larry Bird, Magic, Kareem, etc all day Jordan is the GOAT

Nike must still be paying those dudes to prop up Jordan after all these years

Not diminishing him at all always knew he wasn't the best player IMO. His 3 point shooting was .182 also in 86-87 season, stunk for a all star guard. They actually played Defense in the 80's. Yup he was a great athlete that could make crazy moves, many times he had bad judgement though. The NBA and Nike needed a hero so they made him one.
This is so F-ing Stupid I'm embarrassed I'm even responding...

Advertisement
Seriously! Using 3 point percentage? That was barely part of the game in the 80’s 😂

Exactly. The morons in this thread who argue that players from this era are more skilled than those from the 80's & 90's because it's predicated around position-less basketball don't seem to understand the impact that rule changes & advanced analytics have had on the game. Jordan, Kobe, & Olajuwon are 3 of the greatest Offensive players in the history of the game despite playing in an era where it was extremely difficult to score due to the level of physicality. When you remove physicality from the game, the result is that players lack intestinal fortitude and are weak psychologically. I find it ironic that despite Lebron being one of the most physically imposing players in the history of the game and in many respects an iron man, he plays in an era that is soft like Charmin.

Last edited:
This is so F-ing Stupid I'm embarrassed I'm even responding...
Take a look at his early 3 point shooting percentage in the 80's had 4 years of around .182. This is your greatest player of all time. lol But, but let's over look that his name is MJ.

Seriously! Using 3 point percentage? That was barely part of the game in the 80’s 😂
Larry Bird doesn't agree! Go back and watch the games instead of talking so much. lol
But but but the 3 pointers were barely used. Bawhaha Every time you guys talk you step is a bigger ****. LMAO I was there to watch most of them early on. So the 6'9+ guy hitting 3 pointer @ over a .400 clip for a few years. But the greatest player who was a guard had at least 4 years under .200 Gotcha. Glad there was video to prove it.

Advertisement
I bet you jordan jock sniffers didn't even know he was in the 3 point contest at the same time Bird was. And here he is the greatest player to ever lace them up! Ya Nike and the NBA didn't promote this very much. He loses to his teammate who couldn't average 14 points a game. LMAO But but but

I bet you jordan jock sniffers didn't even know he was in the 3 point contest at the same time Bird was. And here he is the greatest player to ever lace them up! Ya Nike and the NBA didn't promote this very much. He loses to his teammate who couldn't average 14 points a game. LMAO But but but

who cares about 3 point shots in a four year span? You think that defines a legacy? 😂 It wasn’t apart of his game early on. He only tried 0.8 3 pointers a game that year. He dropped 63 on your legendary Celtics without even shooting a 3. Jordan still smoked Larry in points and finished his career .327 from 3.

3 point contests are so meaningful that all time NBA greats like Tim legler Craig Hodges and Steve Kerr won that meaningless contest.

I was there!! Shook Dominique Wilkins hand after he won the dunk contest.

Advertisement
who cares about 3 point shots in a four year span? You think that defines a legacy? 😂 It wasn’t apart of his game early on. He only tried 0.8 3 pointers a game that year. He dropped 63 on your legendary Celtics without even shooting a 3. Jordan still smoked Larry in points and finished his career .327 from 3.
That was a good choice for Jordan he sucked at that. You guys have so many excuses for Jordans short comings its funny. Doesn't matter he sucked at 3 pointers for half of his career. Doesn't matter he never beat Bird in the playoffs. Doesn't matter he didn't win a game in Boston garden for half his career. Doesn't matter he never beat the best teams when he was at his peak. Doesn't matter he choked in so many games his first 7 years in the league against good teams. But but he could jump high and dunk the ball. Greatest player of all time. lol

Advertisement
3 point contests are so meaningful that all time NBA greats like Tim legler Craig Hodges and Steve Kerr won that meaningless contest.
And the greatest player ever to lace them up couldn't. Gotcha! LMAO

That was a good choice for Jordan he sucked at that. You guys have so many excuses for Jordans short comings its funny. Doesn't matter he sucked at 3 pointers for half of his career. Doesn't matter he never beat Bird in the playoffs. Doesn't matter he didn't win a game in Boston garden for half his career. Doesn't matter he never beat the best teams when he was at his peak. Doesn't matter he choked in so many games his first 7 years in the league against good teams. But but he could jump high and dunk the ball. Greatest player of all time. lol
I guess it also doesn’t matter Larry had 5 HOF players on his team and Jordan didn’t even have Pippen in those years.
Just like it doesn’t matter MJ has 6 rings while larry has 3.
It doesn’t matter that Jordan is 1st in All defensive team Selections
It doesn’t matter that Jordan is 4th all time scoring while Bird is 34th.
I guess it also doesn’t matter Jordan is considered the most clutch player ever with so many game winners because you say he wasn’t.

you’re real selective about what matters but it’s fine. Larry was great but nobody is being compared to him in the GOAT conversations

I guess it also doesn’t matter Larry had 5 HOF players on his team and Jordan didn’t even have Pippen in those years.
Just like it doesn’t matter MJ has 6 rings while larry has 3.
It doesn’t matter that Jordan is 1st in All defensive team Selections
It doesn’t matter that Jordan is 4th all time scoring while Bird is 34th.
I guess it also doesn’t matter Jordan is considered the most clutch player ever with so many game winners because you say he wasn’t.

you’re real selective about what matters but it’s fine. Larry was great but nobody is being compared to him in the GOAT conversations
Most of the HOF were way past their prime, it matters Bird made them better.
MJ didn't have to face LA in the 80's in the finals like Boston did. Jordan never beat Boston in the playoffs. I mean not even one game. lol He beat crap 90 teams.
With this type of thinking Bill Russel should be the greatest player of all time with 11 championships right? 9 in a row.
Funny I've heard Bird was the most clutch player of all time. depends who you talk too. But Kobe had the most game winners. All the great players are clutch.
I never said Jordan wasn't great, just not the greatest of all time.
Honest Question. Jabbar, Magic, Chamberlain, Bird all at peak does Jordan beat any of them one on one?

Advertisement
Back