OT Getting new puppy and need name

Maybe you should have read Jjacks post before saying he couldn't be anymore wrong. He was saying people aren't afraid of his dog and he feels safe leaving his daughter around it. My study backs up his points.

His quote—I think it depends on the owner and how it’s raised. Truly aggressive dogs are taught to be so. If you have a pit from say 5 weeks old and you raise him well he will not just randomly decide to be overly aggressive

This is what I was referencing to when I said: you couldn’t be anymore wrong.

Truly aggressive dogs ARE NOT taught to be aggressive...... it’s in there blood!!!!! It’s bred in.

What’s hard to understand?’!?!

Advertisement
His quote—I think it depends on the owner and how it’s raised. Truly aggressive dogs are taught to be so. If you have a pit from say 5 weeks old and you raise him well he will not just randomly decide to be overly aggressive

Truly aggressive dogs ARE NOT taught to be aggressive...... it’s in there blood!!!!! It’s bred in.

He is obviously talking about being human aggressive. Obviously how aggressive a dog can be is genetics just like in humans, but pitts are less aggressive then plenty of other dogs. You can absolutley teach a dog to be aggressive as well. Some dogs will pick it up easier, but it is a trait you can develop.

He is obviously talking about being human aggressive. Obviously how aggressive a dog can be is genetics just like in humans, but pitts are less aggressive then plenty of other dogs. You can absolutley teach a dog to be aggressive as well. Some dogs will pick it up easier, but it is a trait you can develop.
Years ago I was with a friend walking when a pit bull came out of nowhere and clamped down on his leg and wouldn't let go... luckily the owner came to the rescue. My friend had nasty bite marks but he didn't want to take any action against the owner. Now I'm not saying that you won't get bit by any other dog breeds but some breeds can do a lot of damage if they get aggressive. The genetic make up of a dog and the breed's size and muscle tone are hurt factors if a dog turns aggressive... but normally are dormant unless trained to be aggressive. I know plenty of people who have pits that are lovers... and my aunt had a poodle that would sink it's teeth in your *** if given the chance.
I am a dog lover who only have owned poodles, labs and a westie... all lovers.

Advertisement
You still understand. Learn to read and comprehend better.

I am not a breeder and I’m not talking about breeding currently.

I’m talking about lineage. Like I said in my initial post. APBT were bred to be a combat dog for bull baiting and dog matching.

Having a non dog-aggressive dog was useless (obviously) So it was culled. Look up the term culled if you don’t know. Hence the bred-in trait of being dog-aggressive. This process was started 100+ years ago. If you own a Pit he may have fighting bloodlines. Who knows...

I will agree that not every real APBT is dog aggressive, but most are.

But don’t speak on something you don’t know and downvote me for no reason.

Pits have been in my family for over 60 years. I know what I’m talking about.
this was my only point and you told me I couldnt be more wrong . And then proceeded to go on about breeding hundred of years ago to prove a point I wasn’t arguing . I said my pits aren’t aggressive and neither are the ones my friends own, therefore I believe not all APBT are aggressive . You said that all of them are and inferred that if they aren’t then they aren’t full bred. I know what culling is. I know what APBT were bred for in the past . I just didn’t see how that applied what I was saying, because it doesn’t . I don’t downvote for “no reason”

I never said anything about dog aggressive. You told me I was wrong about a point I wasn’t arguing. When I said truly aggressive I’m talking about a vicious dog. A vicious pit that the media is so afraid of. I love pits but there are pits that simply meet that stereotype . Those dogs were not born vicious like that idc what you say. They get That way by the treatment of their owners. That’s the kind of dog I’m talking about when I say aggressive . My step mom had a Yorkie poo that was “dog aggressive” as you describe. That doesn’t mean it was an aggressive dog overall, It just means it didnt like other dogs or wasn’t comfortable around them. You were the one who started talking specifically about dog aggressive and breeding and culling .

Advertisement
Years ago I was with a friend walking when a pit bull came out of nowhere and clamped down on his leg and wouldn't let go... luckily the owner came to the rescue. My friend had nasty bite marks but he didn't want to take any action against the owner. Now I'm not saying that you won't get bit by any other dog breeds but some breeds can do a lot of damage if they get aggressive. The genetic make up of a dog and the breed's size and muscle tone are hurt factors if a dog turns aggressive... but normally are dormant unless trained to be aggressive. I know plenty of people who have pits that are lovers... and my aunt had a poodle that would sink it's teeth in your *** if given the chance.
I am a dog lover who only have owned poodles, labs and a westie... all lovers.

I agree 100% I wouldn't want a mastiff, rottweiler, or any of those giant 200+lb dogs to get ****ed and bite down, but like you said most of the time it has to do with the trainer.

You still understand. Learn to read and comprehend better.

I am not a breeder and I’m not talking about breeding currently.

I’m talking about lineage. Like I said in my initial post. APBT were bred to be a combat dog for bull baiting and dog matching.

Having a non dog-aggressive dog was useless (obviously) So it was culled. Look up the term culled if you don’t know. Hence the bred-in trait of being dog-aggressive. This process was started 100+ years ago. If you own a Pit he may have fighting bloodlines. Who knows...

I will agree that not every real APBT is dog aggressive, but most are.

But don’t speak on something you don’t know and downvote me for no reason.

Pits have been in my family for over 60 years. I know what I’m talking about.

I matched dogs in more than 20 states and 2 countries. I live 2 miles from ADBA HQ.

Pure bred APBT's are bred to not be aggressive towards humans.

In a real dog match there are more humans than dogs in the pit (2 handlers and 1 referee). If your dog bites someone it's DQ'd. Guys don't wanna put 10 racks on a match and get DQ'd.

Listen to this guy.

He knows what he's talking about.

Advertisement
I matched dogs in more than 20 states and 2 countries. I live 2 miles from ADBA HQ.

Pure bred APBT's are bred to not be aggressive towards humans.

In a real dog match there are more humans than dogs in the pit (2 handlers and 1 referee). If your dog bites someone it's DQ'd. Guys don't wanna put 10 racks on a match and get DQ'd.

Listen to this guy.

He knows what he's talking about.

Thank you.

Case closed.

Some people just don’t and never will understand the breed. And that’s fine. If that’s the case then don’t talk about them like you know them inside and out.

I didn’t know ppl actually fed their dogs raw meat I had always heard it was bad for them

Being human... Would you eat your main food source if it came from a bag and sat on the shelves for months?

Dry dog food is pure trash and is filled with nasty chemicals that cause cancer, allergic reactions, bad breath, rotten teeth. You name it.

Feed his 100% raw and will never have a vet bill.

The amount of acid in a dogs digestive system is way different then ours. It can handle bacteria way better. Also bones are great for them.. along as it’s uncooked. If the bone is cooked it will splinter and cause a bad problem.

One of the best benefits.. in my opinion. While eating raw diet. They won’t leave yellow spots on the lawn from ****. And they take about 4 ***** a week due to the fact that raw food is 98% consumed and digested. No fillers. No excess waste.

Advertisement
I never said anything about dog aggressive. You told me I was wrong about a point I wasn’t arguing. When I said truly aggressive I’m talking about a vicious dog. A vicious pit that the media is so afraid of. I love pits but there are pits that simply meet that stereotype . Those dogs were not born vicious like that idc what you say. They get That way by the treatment of their owners. That’s the kind of dog I’m talking about when I say aggressive . My step mom had a Yorkie poo that was “dog aggressive” as you describe. That doesn’t mean it was an aggressive dog overall, It just means it didnt like other dogs or wasn’t comfortable around them. You were the one who started talking specifically about dog aggressive and breeding and culling .

Here you go again—- talking about dogs like you actually know.

You may not care what I have to say, but you don’t know what u are talking about. And that’s the real problem. We have people commenting on a specific breed who don’t have one iota, one moticum, one clue about APBT.

A fighting APBT is treated like a prize fighter. It is worked. It is fed top of the line food (raw). It gets warm baths, massages. They are treated like kings. They are not kicked or punched or anything else you see in the media. They aren’t abused.

These dogs come out of the ******* womb with aggression. I’ve seen litter mates go at it once their eyes open as pups. IM TAKING WEEKS OLD here!

NO ONE MADE THEM GO AT IT!!!

It’s natural ******* instinct. It’s bred-in.

Here you go again—- talking about dogs like you actually know.

You may not care what I have to say, but you don’t know what u are talking about. And that’s the real problem. We have people commenting on a specific breed who don’t have one iota, one moticum, one clue about APBT.

A fighting APBT is treated like a prize fighter. It is worked. It is fed top of the line food (raw). It gets warm baths, massages. They are treated like kings. They are not kicked or punched or anything else you see in the media. They aren’t abused.

These dogs come out of the ******* womb with aggression. I’ve seen litter mates go at it once their eyes open as pups. IM TAKING WEEKS OLD here!

NO ONE MADE THEM GO AT IT!!!

It’s natural ******* instinct. It’s bred-in.
I’m not talking about fighting dogs, but ok, you got it boss.

Whoa said
I’m not talking about fighting dogs, but ok, you got it boss.

I’m done wasting my time and energy. You will never understand it and thats fine. But don’t sit here and talk about Pits like you know something. You wouldn’t know a APBT if it bit you on the face. The Pits that your friend has or whoever owns are not Pits. They are mutts that happen to look like APBTs. And this is why the breed is under so much flack. Because too many people don’t know what one truly is, it’s history, what it actually looks like, or it’s behavior.

Stick to your aggressive Yorkie poo or whatever the **** the dog is.

Advertisement
Back