OT: Gameday question

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
Has anyone taken an 8-9-10 month old to a game? Do you recommend it and what do I need to expect? I now have a 1 month old and still hoping to attend several games. What to expect at Hard Rock as far as changing tables, does the baby need a ticket? She'll most likely be strapped to one of us the entire time. Anything else you can prepare me for. Apparently I'm always too drunk at the games to even notice but for the life of me I can't remember seeing changing tables in the restrooms. Are they scattered and just not in every restroom? Maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Also, if anyone has any knowledge about UF/Ben Hill Griffin stadium and their accommodations.. My uncle and Steve Spurrier were neighbors and HS teammates and he went to UF and my uncle went to Miami. They're still pretty close and Spurrier is giving him 8-10 tickets for week 1 and my wife and I are hoping to attend and bring the baby with us. Obviously expecting to use sound reducing headphones for her. Anything else I haven't considered?

/thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Has anyone taken an 8-9-10 month old to a game? Do you recommend it and what do I need to expect? I now have a 1 month old and still hoping to attend several games. What to expect at Hard Rock as far as changing tables, does the baby need a ticket? She'll most likely be strapped to one of us the entire time. Anything else you can prepare me for. Apparently I'm always too drunk at the games to even notice but for the life of me I can't remember seeing changing tables in the restrooms. Are they scattered and just not in every restroom? Maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Also, if anyone has any knowledge about UF/Ben Hill Griffin stadium and their accommodations.. My uncle and Steve Spurrier were neighbors and HS teammates and he went to UF and my uncle went to Miami. They're still pretty close and Spurrier is giving him 8-10 tickets for week 1 and my wife and I are hoping to attend and bring the baby with us. Obviously expecting to use sound reducing headphones for her. Anything else I haven't considered?

/thanks in advance!
Congrats on the baby! No help with any of your questions. LOL!

Interesting connection with Spurrier and your uncle.

Congrats on the baby! No help with any of your questions. LOL!

Interesting connection with Spurrier and your uncle.
Thank you!

He's got some stories about Spurrier from when he moved to JC. They played all 3 sports together from day 1. There was a bidding war of sponsors to get his dad coach and to use their business name as the sponsor of the team to get Steve to play on that team once people started hearing about him. They didn't lose a game because they played 2 games per week and my uncle pitched one and Spurrier pitched the other. Carried that same rotation to HS and won multiple state championships.

Thank you!

He's got some stories about Spurrier from when he moved to JC. They played all 3 sports together from day 1. There was a bidding war of sponsors to get his dad coach and to use their business name as the sponsor of the team to get Steve to play on that team once people started hearing about him. They didn't lose a game because they played 2 games per week and my uncle pitched one and Spurrier pitched the other. Carried that same rotation to HS and won multiple state championships.
From what I’ve heard, Spurrier’s HS career was legendary but not talked about much. Gotta be because he became a gator. LOL!

/thanks in advance!
Talk to your pediatrician about her ears. They might recommend ear plugs as well.

Advertisement
This seems like an awful idea.

Also I’m assuming you’ve never been to Gainesville for a game, and it won’t be as bad as 2008 during their run, but I would never bring a baby around that hostility.
Does seem like an awful idea lol that's why I'm asking before I do it to myself

I went to the game in Gainesville in 2002 but I was 9 so I don't remember much. I'm sure it's totally different now. I wouldn't put anything past a gator fan but I would hope there wouldn't be much/any hostility towards my wife and I carrying an 8 month old.

Don’t bring the baby to UF.

There are changing stations at hard rock. I wouldn’t bring my baby into a bathroom there. There are plenty of clean outdoor tables in the plazas and more privacy in the main bathroom unless you have a suite to just change your baby with a blanket.

Still wouldn’t bring baby to any home game with a lot of drunk unruly fans.

I’m guessing you’ve never been to an unruly game with the mother of your child? It’s hard enough protecting both of you while finding the balance of tipsy and loud enough.

The upper section is better for a family when I’ve gone. But only took babies and young ones to easy games so far. No longer in Miami but planning on bringing my 10 year old to game. Not sure about 6 year old.

I went to the game in Gainesville in 2002 but I was 9 so I don't remember much. I'm sure it's totally different now. I wouldn't put anything past a gator fan but I would hope there wouldn't be much/any hostility towards my wife and I carrying an 8 month old.
You would think there wouldn’t be but college football turns some people into monsters. 2008 was not a fun atmosphere, especially pre-game, and I wouldn’t put anything past fans of a hated rival, at their home.

There are changing stations at hard rock. I wouldn’t bring my baby into a bathroom there. There are plenty of clean outdoor tables in the plazas and more privacy in the main bathroom unless you have a suite to just change your baby with a blanket.

I’m guessing you’ve never been to an unruly game with the mother of your child? It’s hard enough protecting both of you while finding the balance of tipsy and loud enough.

The upper section is better for a family when I’ve gone. But only took babies and young ones to easy games so far. No longer in Miami but planning on bringing my 10 year old to game. Not sure about 6 year old.
6 year old daughter**. And meant more privacy out on a table in a plaza unless halftime obviously. Bathrooms aren’t a disaster just wouldn’t want the hassle of bringing my baby in there with drunk yelling fans.

Advertisement

She's usually dealing with me being unruly and intoxicated. She's probably assuming it's going to be a cake walk since that won't be the case.

You would think there wouldn’t be but college football turns some people into monsters. 2008 was not a fun atmosphere, especially pre-game, and I wouldn’t put anything past fans of a hated rival, at their home.
I was leaning no to UF before this thread so this has probably made my mind up. Also considered taking a family member to baby sit at the airbnb but I want to witness the Canes first game of my daughter's life with her, especially being against UF... even though she won't have a clue and won't remember. Just weirdly sentimental. Hopefully a big road beatdown of them.

I was leaning no to UF before this thread so this has probably made my mind up. Also considered taking a family member to baby sit at the airbnb but I want to witness the Canes first game of my daughter's life with her, especially being against UF... even though she won't have a clue and won't remember. Just weirdly sentimental. Hopefully a big road beatdown of them.
Never had the experience of taking a baby to a game but I’ve seen parents struggle even in a restaurant. When my grandson was a baby, one parent would hold him to try and keep him quiet while the other ate then pass to the other. I’ve seen this practice many times.

And I agree that inebriated gator fans would most certainly be unpredictable. You’ve got many years ahead to experience your first game with your daughter.

Advertisement
You may be able to use a different entrance for nursing mothers, if she is taking her pump supplies, etc into the game. It was the alumni/family entrance closest to the turnpike side parking at one point.

See also:

It's a very bad idea..

Game atmosphere can be fun but pointless if neither you nor the baby can enjoy the environment. I've seen people in sports bars with kids have a difficult time trying to enjoy the game; I can't imagine navigating a packed stadium full of inebriated fanatics with an infant strapped to your chest.

Stay home and enjoy the game with family and loved ones this time around.

Leave the baby with the mom, an iPad, or a dumpster you trust and go enjoy the game. Those are not places for baby's. They can't enjoy the game and will probably be over stimulated by the other people who are loud and don't give a ****. You'll be in the way dealing with the brat.

Congrats on the baby though! Please be sure to discipline your kid. Remember, you're raising a human not taking care of your favorite pet.

Advertisement

/thanks in advance!
You are a brave man....

/thanks in advance!
Congrats!

I didn’t bring my kids that young because i wanted to enjoy the tailgating and game, plus it's overly stimulating for them at such a young age. If you do take the baby, take ear muffs so the music (you can hear that system from the moon) doesn’t damage their hearing.

Screenshot_20240227_210853_Photos.jpg

Advertisement
Back