OT: Gameday question

Advertisement
Has anyone taken an 8-9-10 month old to a game? Do you recommend it and what do I need to expect? I now have a 1 month old and still hoping to attend several games. What to expect at Hard Rock as far as changing tables, does the baby need a ticket? She'll most likely be strapped to one of us the entire time. Anything else you can prepare me for. Apparently I'm always too drunk at the games to even notice but for the life of me I can't remember seeing changing tables in the restrooms. Are they scattered and just not in every restroom? Maybe I just didn't pay attention.

Also, if anyone has any knowledge about UF/Ben Hill Griffin stadium and their accommodations.. My uncle and Steve Spurrier were neighbors and HS teammates and he went to UF and my uncle went to Miami. They're still pretty close and Spurrier is giving him 8-10 tickets for week 1 and my wife and I are hoping to attend and bring the baby with us. Obviously expecting to use sound reducing headphones for her. Anything else I haven't considered?

/thanks in advance!
Went through this just a couple of years ago. Dm me if you need more info.

1. Don’t need a ticket for baby under 2 as long as it’s on your lap.
2. Club area changing stations are available but there are other private areas there as well. They are always in the family restrooms
3. Took out daughter to most home games from 10 months old. Bought some baby headphones but didn’t really need them much.
4. At the baby’s first game go over near where they sell ice cream on the club level and they will give you a certificate for the baby’s first game.

5. I’m a DB grad so science hill is our rival.

Does seem like an awful idea lol that's why I'm asking before I do it to myself

I went to the game in Gainesville in 2002 but I was 9 so I don't remember much. I'm sure it's totally different now. I wouldn't put anything past a gator fan but I would hope there wouldn't be much/any hostility towards my wife and I carrying an 8 month old.
Also forgot to mention my daughter will be 6 for UF next year and I’m not taking her. You’ll learn away games with a baby when you don’t know the stadium options become not worth it. Unless it’s something like Temple, a pro stadium or a badly attended game (Duke)

I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old.

Under no circumstances, ever, would I bring them to a college football game. MAYBE a home game vs FAMU or something that would be really subdued and chill. But likely not.

I cannot stress this enough. Do not bring an 8 month old to the gator game. Do anything in your power to get a babysitter or, as bad as it is to say, just don’t go and watch it on TV. You aren’t going to have anything remotely close to a good time with an 8 month old at a college football game.

I was leaning no to UF before this thread so this has probably made my mind up. Also considered taking a family member to baby sit at the airbnb but I want to witness the Canes first game of my daughter's life with her, especially being against UF... even though she won't have a clue and won't remember. Just weirdly sentimental. Hopefully a big road beatdown of them.
Don’t get hung upon this. Go to the game yourself without baby and enjoy your last game without kid. Then the first home game will begin your tradition. You’ll be happier that way and the kid will never know the difference and as you get older you’ll never remember the UF game, only how amazing the first game with your kids was.

Advertisement
IMG_4872.jpeg

This was us at 10 months old. My opinion (and I get people are different) if you want to make the memories with them, start them young and they will always know how to act and it will be second nature to them. Plus, the first few years are memories for you that you will always remember. Of course they won’t but you will.

just for example, we live in Indy and took our 6 month old at the time to the Pitt game. Every crowd roar he jumped and would start crying. Lol and it wasn’t even that loud there so taking them to the Florida game wouldn’t be the best idea imo. We had noise cancellation headphones on him but he hated them and kept taking them off. Leave the babies at home if you can lol

I see people bringing babies to games and I have wonder why. The kid doesn’t want to be there. It’s loud. There’s a lot of unruly fans. Just not a place for a baby. You can get cute photos of the baby wearing UM gear at home. I see no positive of bringing one. Now when the kid is older and can enjoy the game, go ahead and create those memories.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back