OT- Game of Thrones - Season 7

Gendry for king. You heard it here first, folks.

Always thought so, and here is why:

Outside of the dark hair and the soldiers wanting to kill him, my reasoning for thinking he is the one true heir to the throne is because I believe he is the son of both Cersei and Robert Baretheon. If you remember in episode 1, Cersei says she sung her first born to sleep every night HOWEVER, she claims he dies at a young age. But when we first meet Gendry, he and arya have a conversation about their mothers. Gendry tells her that his mom had beautiful blonde hair and would sing him to sleep. So, my theory is that Gendry is the one true heir to the throne, and that Tywin Lannister made Cersei "kill" the baby to ensure a Lannister child (Joffrey or Tommin) became king. In my head though, she couldn't kill the baby when tasked to do so, so she dropped him off at the brothel. Reasoning behind this is because of her strong love for her children, and how she claims to always put her children before herself. So that's my theory, you can agree or disagree

Sorry, but zero chance.
The prophecy from season 5 is basically straight from the book. Cersei will have 3 children - gold will be crowns and shrouds, and Robert will have 20.
In the books there is no baby that dies. but even in the show cersei says that he died from a fever and "robert was crazed". In the show, that baby died for sure.

Didn't "prophecy" say that Stannis was the one true king or whatever, according to the red woman, and we see how that went. And if her first baby died, and had the other 3 until one was shipped to dorn and then the fates of Joffrey and Tommin, then there is already 4 so that "debunks" the theory. So as we've all come to see that "prophecy" means nothing in this show.

She had 4 in the, show but only 3 surviving kids. and I think they even had the amount of roberts wrong too. This was nothing more than the directors/show runners ******** up, solely to show that if Cersei and Robert did have a child together he'd have black hair. ....The problem is they didn't get to the prophecy part until season 5. And by this season, Cersei fully believes in the prophecy (remember the scene where jaime tells her **** prophecy and all that ****?). Why would Cersei believe it, unless the prophecy has come true up to this point? Remember there were 3 answers.
1. Will I wed the prince? - Never. You will wed the king.
2. I will be Queen though? - yes. until there comes another, younger and more beautiful than you to cast you down and take all you hold dear. (cersei interprety this to be margaery which is why she hates her so much, but in fact it is likely Danaerys.)
3. Will King and I have children - aye, six and ten for him, and three for you. gold shall be their crowns and gold shall be their shrouds. and when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar (younger sibling) shall wrap his/her hands around your pale white throat and choke the life out of you. (notice in this episode that just aired, Cersei is wearing a giant as **** neck thing. She is clearly scared of that possibility. She interprets the prophecy to mean Tyrion will kill her. Personally I think it means Jaime, with a possibility it means arya)

Secondly, No. the prophecy did not say that Stannis was Azor Ahai/Prince that was promised and would wield lightbringer. That was simply Melisandres interpretation of the prophecy, which was:
"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."...."When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.
Melisandre thinks Stannis fullfills the prophecy. But most likely it is Jon, with a strong chance its Danaerys. Outside chance its someone else entirely like Jaime.

Advertisement
he's definitely coming back this season.
Only living Baratheon. He's gunna wreck some fools with his fathers war hammer.
But he doesn't have a good claim or any supporters. Jon and/or Dany 99% chance, with like a 0.00001% chance little finger sneaks his *** on the throne.

His claim comes from the fact that he's the heir/son/only living relative of the last true king. To put it lightly, it's a stretch and his supporters are going to come from the Stormlands but I think more so Dany is totally dead and Jon wont want to be king so the only option left will be a Gendry-Arya tandem.

View attachment 47638

I think Sansa turns Robin Arryn on Littlefinger and he takes a leisurely stroll through the Moon Door. That may very well turn out to be my own dream but I'm hoping.

Yeah, I understand his claim. But at the end of the day he's a ******* with absolutely no proof of his lineage. He has no supporters in the Stormlands....at least not yet, and no experience leading or ruling. I'd say the chances he ends up as king are way less than LittleFinger.

If Jon or Dany are still alive at the end of the show one (or both of them) will be the rulers. Personally I think Dany will end as Queen, but if she does die in the War, I think Tyrion will rule in Kings Landing as hand of the King, and Jon will be the King. Remember after Cersei and Jaime die, Tyrion becomes the richest person in Westeros and he already is the best ruler of them all.

The prevailing theme to the show has been ******** rising to levels far above their levels so I think that theme continues. The proof of lineage may be the harder part but I have a theory on that. If the Stormlands currently fight for Cersei, it's because she was Robert's widow and gave birth to, "his," children. If a new Baratheon came into the picture to pull their support to a different monarch, I'd imagine the Stormlords would jump at it since that must hate Cersei as much or more than anybody else at this point. Just like Tommen legitimized Ramsay, any monarch could legitimize Gendry. It would help Dany to turn another kingdom against Cersei and if it meant believing a weak/unprovable claim that some random kid was Robert's ******* and legitimizing him so long as he pledged to her, I think she would do it and I think the Stormlands would jump at the chance to fight for another Baratheon. There's nothing yet to really back this yet but I imagine this is how it plays out more or less. I see Littefinger getting done in before he has the chance to make a major move or gamble.

Dany being queen has been laid out from the beginning and for that reason alone I don't see it happening. It's too obvious. I don't see Jon becoming king because he wont want to. Tyrion I could see happening and I'd be overjoyed if it did but from what I remember one of the last things that Tywin told Cersei is that the gold mines in the Westerlands have gone dry and they're flat broke. That's why they couldn't pay back the Tyrells or the Iron Bank. So I don't know how wealthy Tyrion would be if he did manage to inherit the Westerlands.

honestly I don't think Gendry is really all that important.
Tommen was the Lord of Storms End, and now that he's dead I think it gets passed to Cersei. But the chances the Storm Lored would fight for the Lannisters is about zero. Secondly, the stormlands essentially have no army left. Just about all of them died with Stannis.
I agree Dany likely will name him Gendry Baratheon. I just don't think it'll really affect anything other than maybe making him a person worth of marrying Arya or something. Gendry is a fairly good embodiment of The Smith (one of the 7 gods of The Faith)

Father - reps judgment. depicted as a bearded man who carries scales, and is prayed to for justice.
Mother - reps motherhood/nurturing. Prayed to for fertility/compassion, and depicted as smiling with love, embodying the concept of mercy.
Warrior - reps strength in battle. He is prayed to for courage and victory. He carries a sword
Maiden - reps innocence and chastity. She is usually prayed to to protect a maiden's virtue.
Smith - reps crafts and labor. He is usually prayed to when work needs to be done, for strength. He carries a hammer.
Crone - reps wisdom. She carries a lantern and is prayed to for guidance.
Stranger - death and the unknown. Worshipers rarely seek favor from the Stranger, but outcasts sometimes associate themselves with this god.

This actually brings me to a good point, the main theme in GOT is Identity, everyone doesn't just have one identifier. Jon isn't just a *******. Jaime isn't just a kingslayer. Tyrion isn't just an imp. Arya has a **** load of identities. The main story is the restoration of the Targaryans, just like Star Wars is about the skywalker family.

The only reason I think Gendry is important is since in the books Robert has four ******** of name and contributions to the story that are relatively significant (Mya Stone, Bella, Gendry, and Edric Storm) and the Gendry in the show has been a pseudo-conglomeration of those characters's storylines so he must be important for some function if he's the only ******* to make it into the show and matter.

All very good points. I ask you this then. We both agree that Dany will probably legitimize Gendry. I think Cersei will die, Dany will die, Littlefinger will die, Jon will decline the throne, and Tyrion will prefer to be Hand rather than king. ASSUMING that's how things play out, who become king/queen? At that point, I think Gendry will have as good a claim as anybody else.

I don't know it you can tell, but I'm pulling for Gendry hard. I had already banked big on Rickon and that ended poorly.

His claim comes from the fact that he's the heir/son/only living relative of the last true king. To put it lightly, it's a stretch and his supporters are going to come from the Stormlands but I think more so Dany is totally dead and Jon wont want to be king so the only option left will be a Gendry-Arya tandem.

View attachment 47638

I think Sansa turns Robin Arryn on Littlefinger and he takes a leisurely stroll through the Moon Door. That may very well turn out to be my own dream but I'm hoping.

Yeah, I understand his claim. But at the end of the day he's a ******* with absolutely no proof of his lineage. He has no supporters in the Stormlands....at least not yet, and no experience leading or ruling. I'd say the chances he ends up as king are way less than LittleFinger.

If Jon or Dany are still alive at the end of the show one (or both of them) will be the rulers. Personally I think Dany will end as Queen, but if she does die in the War, I think Tyrion will rule in Kings Landing as hand of the King, and Jon will be the King. Remember after Cersei and Jaime die, Tyrion becomes the richest person in Westeros and he already is the best ruler of them all.

The prevailing theme to the show has been ******** rising to levels far above their levels so I think that theme continues. The proof of lineage may be the harder part but I have a theory on that. If the Stormlands currently fight for Cersei, it's because she was Robert's widow and gave birth to, "his," children. If a new Baratheon came into the picture to pull their support to a different monarch, I'd imagine the Stormlords would jump at it since that must hate Cersei as much or more than anybody else at this point. Just like Tommen legitimized Ramsay, any monarch could legitimize Gendry. It would help Dany to turn another kingdom against Cersei and if it meant believing a weak/unprovable claim that some random kid was Robert's ******* and legitimizing him so long as he pledged to her, I think she would do it and I think the Stormlands would jump at the chance to fight for another Baratheon. There's nothing yet to really back this yet but I imagine this is how it plays out more or less. I see Littefinger getting done in before he has the chance to make a major move or gamble.

Dany being queen has been laid out from the beginning and for that reason alone I don't see it happening. It's too obvious. I don't see Jon becoming king because he wont want to. Tyrion I could see happening and I'd be overjoyed if it did but from what I remember one of the last things that Tywin told Cersei is that the gold mines in the Westerlands have gone dry and they're flat broke. That's why they couldn't pay back the Tyrells or the Iron Bank. So I don't know how wealthy Tyrion would be if he did manage to inherit the Westerlands.

Tommen was the Lord of Storms End, and now that he's dead I think it gets passed to Cersei. But the chances the Storm Lored would fight for the Lannisters is about zero. Secondly, the stormlands essentially have no army left. Just about all of them died with Stannis.
I agree Dany likely will name him Gendry Baratheon. I just don't think it'll really affect anything other than maybe making him a person worth of marrying Arya or something. Gendry is a fairly good embodiment of The Smith (one of the 7 gods of The Faith)

Father - reps judgment. depicted as a bearded man who carries scales, and is prayed to for justice.
Mother - reps motherhood/nurturing. Prayed to for fertility/compassion, and depicted as smiling with love, embodying the concept of mercy.
Warrior - reps strength in battle. He is prayed to for courage and victory. He carries a sword
Maiden - reps innocence and chastity. She is usually prayed to to protect a maiden's virtue.
Smith - reps crafts and labor. He is usually prayed to when work needs to be done, for strength. He carries a hammer.
Stranger - death and the unknown. Worshipers rarely seek favor from the Stranger, but outcasts sometimes associate themselves with this god.

This actually brings me to a good point, the main theme in GOT is Identity, everyone doesn't just have one identifier. Jon isn't just a *******. Jaime isn't just a kingslayer. Tyrion isn't just an imp. Arya has a **** load of identities. The main story is the restoration of the Targaryans, just like Star Wars is about the skywalker family.

The only reason I think Gendry is important is since in the books Robert has four ******** of name and contributions to the story that are relatively significant (Mya Stone, Bella, Gendry, and Edric Storm) and the Gendry in the show has been a pseudo-conglomeration of those characters's storylines so he must be important for some function if he's the only ******* to make it into the show and matter.

All very good points. I ask you this then. We both agree that Dany will probably legitimize Gendry. I think Cersei will die, Dany will die, Littlefinger will die, Jon will decline the throne, and Tyrion will prefer to be Hand rather than king. ASSUMING that's how things play out, who become king/queen? At that point, I think Gendry will have as good a claim as anybody else.

I don't know it you can tell, but I'm pulling for Gendry hard. I had already banked big on Rickon and that ended poorly.

I understand his importance in that sense, because he is a combo of all the ********. But In truth I don't think any of the ******* really matter. I think they matter in the sense that one of them will end up being the lord of storms end when all is finished (which could mean Gendry lives).

If all those people that you say die die, then Jon could be king and just rule from the North, with Tyrion as his hand basically running everything. But even if Jon turns it down completely, Tyrion will 100% serve as King. Honestly, he is the person most fit to rule. Even Sansa would also rule before Gendry imo. I don't see king Gendry as a possibility tbh.
Even if you are rooting for Gendry super hard though, I think him surviving and getting Storms end is absolutely amazing for him. Its not like being the Lord of the Stormlands is anything to scoff at.

I think we see him in episode 2 though. Apparently the title is Stormborn. Obviously it refers to Dany, but Any time the word Storm is mentioned it could have something to do with the Baratheons.

I understand his importance in that sense, because he is a combo of all the ********. But In truth I don't think any of the ******* really matter. I think they matter in the sense that one of them will end up being the lord of storms end when all is finished (which could mean Gendry lives).

If all those people that you say die die, then Jon could be king and just rule from the North, with Tyrion as his hand basically running everything. But even if Jon turns it down completely, Tyrion will 100% serve as King. Honestly, he is the person most fit to rule. Even Sansa would also rule before Gendry imo. I don't see king Gendry as a possibility tbh.
Even if you are rooting for Gendry super hard though, I think him surviving and getting Storms end is absolutely amazing for him. Its not like being the Lord of the Stormlands is anything to scoff at.

I think we see him in episode 2 though. Apparently the title is Stormborn. Obviously it refers to Dany, but Any time the word Storm is mentioned it could have something to do with the Baratheons.

Who is your favorite character?

I'm fully convinced Jon is the Prince that Was Promised, will end up as king, will get his own dragon, etc, etc. Definitely a fan of Jon over Dany.
For the show I'd probably rate my favorite alive characters: Jon > Tyrion > Arya > Dany > The Hound > Bran
For the books I'd rate the alive characters: Jon (Better come back to life in books) > Stannis > Tyrion > Dolourous Edd (from the NW) > Dany > Bran

Advertisement
Tyrion > Arya > Jon > The Hound > Dany

Yet I like them all.

Superb show, fun thread.

HBO really stepped it up over the last few years with True Detective, Westworld, Young Pope & Thrones.

I thought they would never top The Wire & Sopranos, I still think those are the 2 best, but they've come close with a few of these newer series.

Although I fully admit, I liked Westworld & TD more than Thrones.

Yeah HBO is really killing it. Add on "The Night Of", "Ballers" which features a lot of Canes if you watch close, Vice Principles, Insecure. They got a new show coming "The Duece", David Simon who wrote The Wire is writting it as well.

Last edited:
If u start the u is the white walkers we asleep for awhile n we recruit the best from our turf

Think you picked the wrong group. We probably want to be on the same side as the dragon lady. I don't see the white walkers winning in the end.

I don't see either winning in the end. I'm so sick of Daenerys, her storyline has been dragging on and on, on some feminist ish by the writers. She was cool the first few seasons and the last tho.

Bran is gonna tame those dragons and the White Walkers with his mind (worg) powers.

Arya is gonna put in major work and somebody (probably Sansa) better kill Littlefinger because he is the biggest threat on the show next to Cersei.

Starz writing is still not close to HBO's. I continuously **** my family off by guessing what is currently going on, on Power despite only watching 3 episodes ever. Very predictable plot and writing. We've all seen Power before just different names. If you watch HBO shows, you know the difference.

HBO needs to renew The Night of!!!

Night of was a dope, slept on show!

Advertisement
Yall remember Gendry is a blacksmith right? A good one at that. They will probably tie that into the story line because they will need someone talented to forge the dragonglass and steel weaponry. Tywin created a lore around the talent it takes to create the swords so Gendry may be needed for that.

If u start the u is the white walkers we asleep for awhile n we recruit the best from our turf

Think you picked the wrong group. We probably want to be on the same side as the dragon lady. I don't see the white walkers winning in the end.

I don't see either winning in the end. I'm so sick of Daenerys, her storyline has been dragging on and on, on some feminist ish by the writers. She was cool the first few seasons and the last tho.

Bran is gonna tame those dragons and the White Walkers with his mind (worg) powers.

Arya is gonna put in major work and somebody (probably Sansa) better kill Littlefinger because he is the biggest threat on the show next to Cersei.

Starz writing is still not close to HBO's. I continuously **** my family off by guessing what is currently going on, on Power despite only watching 3 episodes ever. Very predictable plot and writing. We've all seen Power before just different names. If you watch HBO shows, you know the difference.

HBO needs to renew The Night of!!!

Night of was a dope, slept on show!

I think she dies in the end........she will never get the throne.......remember the vision she had at the undying she never touchedthe throne kings landing was destroyed......she went with her son and drogo and I think thats future events............the story is of fire and ice and thats all about john whos fire and ice

I'm fully convinced Jon is the Prince that Was Promised, will end up as king, will get his own dragon, etc, etc. Definitely a fan of Jon over Dany.
For the show I'd probably rate my favorite alive characters: Jon > Tyrion > Arya > Dany > The Hound > Bran
For the books I'd rate the alive characters: Jon (Better come back to life in books) > Stannis > Tyrion > Dolourous Edd (from the NW) > Dany > Bran

Lady Olenna and then everybody else.

It's Sunday again and the second episode is tonight at 8PM central time. Predictions ?

Advertisement
Wow, seven pages. I guess I don't get the appeal of the show, but then again real world despots have complicated my life enough that I guess I don't care about fictional ones:
Ali_Khamenei_Nowruz_message_official_portrait_1397_02.jpg
Saddam_Hussein_in_1996.jpgX2
Slobodan_Milosevic_Dayton_Agreement.jpg

Lady Olenna and then everybody else.

She is pretty **** funny.

Advertisement
Wow, seven pages. I guess I don't get the appeal of the show, but then again real world despots have complicated my life enough that I guess I don't care about fictional ones:
View attachment 47843
View attachment 47844X2
View attachment 47845

If you had seen the mother of dragons come walking out of the fire you'd get why GOT is worth watching

Yours and DC1986's passion for it definitely comes through...Better get the first season on to fully understand the complexity.

Advertisement
Back