Off-Topic OT: Fort Lauderdale beaches

Advertisement
Hollywood beach is what you’re looking for. Great for kids and adults. Hate the place because it turned the spot into a tourist trap, but margaritaville would fit what you’re looking for.

check out Logans or nicks if you make it there.

Hollywood Beach. Steer clear of Ft. Lauderdale beach and S. Beach with the kids.View attachment 146250
This really depends. Hollywood Beach in spots can also be a massive freakshow featuring the dregs of society from every racial, ethnic and sexual orientation group (with sun-fried leathery white drug addicts/transients that probably are 50 but look 80 being the largest subset).

I think the best bet for families (and It's not really that big a deal in Lauderdale or Hollywood) is just to head north in both spots if you don't like the environment and you'll eventually hit more calm surroundings.

Advertisement
This really depends. Hollywood Beach in spots can also be a massive freakshow featuring the dregs of society from every racial, ethnic and sexual orientation group (with sun-fried leathery white drug addicts/transients that probably are 50 but look 80 being the largest subset).

I think the best bet for families (and It's not really that big a deal in Lauderdale or Hollywood) is just to head north in both spots if you don't like the environment and you'll eventually hit more calm surroundings.
I probably should have said from Marriott North. The Hollyweirds usually hang out around the band shell and margaritaville.

You sure you want to stay Wilton Manors? Even I know about that place and I haven't lived South Florida like 50 years.
yeah I know it’s basically the heart of the *** district lol but again its a family trip. Had a really nice house with a pool. not planning on going to a lot of places. relaxing at the house and the beach and that’s about it.

Advertisement
You people aint ready for this jelly... welcome. to SoFL beaches...
4j9XOYo6IVDK8.gif

Thanks that’s the type of recommendation I was looking for. Kids are 2 and 5, so we want something low key not crazy
Head to Hollywood beach. Park closer to Sheridan than Hollywood. Less people and less rift raft. You can always walk the boardwalk South to Margaritaville to show them the Flo Rider and pool.

Advertisement
The parts of the beaches where there’s no bars tend to be the most family friendly. North of Sheridan on Hollywood beach and North of Sunrise in Fort Lauderdale.

Just got back from a vacation in the area.

Hollywood beach was just not as great as I remember. Lot's more homeless looking people.
(Still was fun though.)

I mentioned this in another thread but my favorite beach is still Deerfield Beach.
The Wyndham near the pier had good sliders and club sandwiches basically right on the beach.
And very friendly people working at the umbrella/chair rentals.
If you do not mind the drive of about 25-30 minutes or so I'd say give it a visit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What are some good restaurants to eat at in Ft Lauderdale
Places I went to most recently that I liked were Greek Islands Taverna, Cafe Seville (Spanish), Bravo Peruvian cuisine.

I hear there is a pretty good Brazilian steakhouse in Las Olas but I would have been tempted to eat way too much so decided not to go.

There is also a pretty unique place in Pompano called La Vie Lebanese Restaurant. If you like Middle Eastern/ Moroccan food or are a bit adventurous I recommend that place too.

Advertisement
Back