OT: former 3* kid from STA

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
plays big part in game and wins a super bowl last night. James White split time with Jiovanni Bernard who was more highly rated and with better offers. He did end up at Wisconsin which is not a shabby program. But I just wanted to highlight the point that even 3* kids from South Florida coming off the bench (especially from heralded high schools) are worth a reach when we can't land the 4-5* prima donnas.

Advertisement
plays big part in game and wins a super bowl last night. James White split time with Jiovanni Bernard who was more highly rated and with better offers. He did end up at Wisconsin which is not a shabby program. But I just wanted to highlight the point that even 3* kids from South Florida coming off the bench (especially from heralded high schools) are worth a reach when we can't land the 4-5* prima donnas.

A One Prospect playa

For every James white there is a ryan Mayes, terry McCray, Terrance Henley or what have you. These "sleepers" don't work out all the time

He also plays with only the best QB of all time.

I guarantee we wouldn't know who he was if he were playing for anyone else. Same for the rest of the Patriots WR's.

For every James white there is a ryan Mayes, terry McCray, Terrance Henley or what have you. These "sleepers" don't work out all the time

Those guys weren't really considered sleepers. More like reaches.

McCray supposedly had an offer from LSU but who knows if they would have taken a commitment from him.

The 2 others had garbage offers. White went to Wisconsin. Bad example Brock

Advertisement

I would agree that you need some talent evaluation to go along with it. No argument there.

No offense to White, he had a good career at Wisconsin but he benefits from playing with the best QB of all time. Patriots continue to make average talent look elite. Imagine if Duke played for the Pats instead of being stuck in ****hole Cleveland.

No offense to White, he had a good career at Wisconsin but he benefits from playing with the best QB of all time. Patriots continue to make average talent look elite. Imagine if Duke played for the Pats instead of being stuck in ****hole Cleveland.

It's a plug and play system. Coach bill bellichick is the best coach ever. Any running back they have had has been very successful no matter who was playing. Same thing for the receivers

Last edited:
Advertisement

Building a theory off one or two guys isn't a great idea. Perhaps, we should focus on grad transfer lacrosse players from Ped State because Hogan was even more important than White.

He also plays with only the best QB of all time.

I guarantee we wouldn't know who he was if he were playing for anyone else. Same for the rest of the Patriots WR's.

Bingo. Hogan couldn't cut it with the Dolphins and he's a star for NE lol

Advertisement

Building a theory off one or two guys isn't a great idea. Perhaps, we should focus on grad transfer lacrosse players from Ped State because Hogan was even more important than White.

What, no crank analysis? I have come to expect more from you.

There is no absolute way of determining which kids will fair better than others. I like the profile of players we now pursue, they have higher quality potential top to bottom than the coal shovelers goldofrito would settle for. There also seems a premium on speed, but I think we could do even better in that category.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back