OT: Eye-Opening Numbers Will Mallory

I believe Mallory tested in the 4.6’s at a camp. He’ll be 250lbs running a 4.5 40 and a 1st round pick before it’s all said and done.

Advertisement
He is not a TE! Put him in slot or from H position and what him embarrass LB or safety! Imagine red zone scheme: Cager Richards Langham and Dallas as RB! BOOM!

Agreed. There’s also a very outside chance that a 4.7 could, too.

@DMoney Olsen ran 11.40 in high school.

For reference at combine
Matt Jones 6’6”, 242 lbs ran 4.37
A.J. Green 6’4”, 211 lbs ran 4.47
Alshon Jeffrey 6’3”, 216 ran 4.48
Greg Olsen 6’5”, 255 lbs ran 4.51
O.J. Howard 6’6”, 251 lbs ran 4.51
Michael Thomas 6’2”, 212 lbs 4.55
Plaxico Burress 6’5”, 231 lbs ran 4.59
Mike Evans 6’5”, 231 lbs ran 4.53
Travis Kelce 6’5”, 256 lbs ran 4.61
Larry Fitzgerald 6’3”. 225 lbs ran 4.48*
Dez Bryant 6’2”, 225 lbs ran 4.52*

*Pro Day (I don’t give a lot of weight to Pro day times because they’re not semi-automatic like the combine)

I said months ago that if Mallory shows up at the combine under 240 that i think he’ll run under 4.50 and If he comes in at 250 he’ll run under 4.60. But, does he have to be a tight end? Looking at the receivers above, Mallory’s skill set certainly matches up with a few (Evans sticks out to me).
Add Vernon Davis to that list (6'3- 244 Lb) - 4.35 (40) crazy!

If he's up over 220 right now and putting up those times, hes' playing right away. I was concerned about whether he was going to be able to contribute immediately because he played football at around 205 and that's just too small for a college TE. Even one who plays mostly in the slot.
He’ll be plenty big enough to play the TE role we will ask him to play. He’ll play the Njoku split out TE. If he redshirts it’ll be for other reasons like to get him past his injury/concussion issues.

This dude is an absolute freak smooth athlete for a kid that tall.

Hartley pulled an absolute heist here. Unreal piece of recruiting.

He’ll be plenty big enough to play the TE role we will ask him to play. He’ll play the Njoku split out TE. If he redshirts it’ll be for other reasons like to get him past his injury/concussion issues.

This dude is an absolute freak smooth athlete for a kid that tall.

Hartley pulled an absolute heist here. Unreal piece of recruiting.
Couldn't have said it any better. The fact that a Michigan legacy didn't go to Michigan under Harbaugh who has produced some good TE's is crazy. Hartley strikes again!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back