OT: Ex-Bama players think Bama teams could win in NFL

Big Marcel ain’t the brightest, his elevator never went all the way to the top.

This is foolishness and I hate this discussion every year when it’s brought up.

Advertisement
I forgot the Big East was loaded with powerhouse teams in 2001. Mighty Syracuse had the ball inside the 20 with a chance to win. What’s the closest game Bama has played 24 points? Just being real dude.
It was BC, not Syracuse, but that was one game in cold weather where Dorsey had an awful game, throwing 4 interceptions. When they played against real opponents and showed up, they won 49-27 vs 14th ranked F$U, 59-0 vs 14th ranked Syracuse, 65-7 over 12th ranked Washington, and could have named the score against Nebraska. I still think Bama slips up this year to either Georgia or Clemson and even if they don't, those are not going to be 24+ point blowouts for sure.

Saw Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Julio Jones, and Trent Richardson balling out yesterday.

I don’t know why we didn’t recruit Cooper and Ridley harder, both are originally from Miami. Cooper especially

Saw Amari Cooper, Calvin Ridley, Julio Jones, and Trent Richardson balling out yesterday.

I don’t know why we didn’t recruit Cooper and Ridley, both are originally from Miami. Cooper esoecially.
Just because we didn’t get them doesn’t mean we didn’t recruit them. Calvin Ridley almost came here until Bama did what Bama does.

Advertisement
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/23/c...ban-reggie-ragland-marcell-dareus-mark-ingram

Have a ton of respect for Bama, but I think it's absolutely ludicrous and myopic to think that ANY college football team could beat an NFL team! Even the 2001 Canes team that was LOADED needed time for those players to develop - along with plenty of players who also didn't make it to the NFL. And even the worst pro team has collegiate stars at almost every position. What does the group think? Could a college football team win anything beyond a fluke against pro teams?

Also, I found it so amusing to hear all this junk when Bama players don't necessarily become stars upon coming into the NFL. Nothing but respect for their dominance in college football, but that success hasn't always translated to the big leagues.

Guess what; back in 2001, they thought the same thing about us.

I don’t know why we didn’t recruit Cooper and Ridley harder, both are originally from Miami. Cooper especially

Isn't Trent out of the league? You must mean Ingram?

Guess what; back in 2001, they thought the same thing about us.

How many pro-bowlers actually came from our squad though? We can't actually say how talented and deep this Bama team is (on a NFL scale) until they actually get there.

Advertisement
Isn't Trent out of the league? You must mean Ingram?

Cooper had been a disappointment the last couple years but finally balled for the Cowboys yesterday. Ingram is a great tandem with Kamara who is the freak of the two. Ridley looks like a good side kick to Julio whose also just freak.

With the exception of maybe Arizona and Oakland, any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. Just shows you the talent level that Bammy would be facing.

Advertisement
Ingram is second string and had 11 rushes for 52 yards. Since when is that considered balling?

The first string (Kamara) had 14 rushes for 89 yds.

I don't think Ingram is a good RB. But 11 for 52 in the NFL is really good. Over 4.77 YPC in the NFL is a lot harder than college.

Ingram is second string and had 11 rushes for 52 yards. Since when is that considered balling?

The first string (Kamara) had 14 rushes for 89 yds.

Ingram looked good. So did Kamara. The Saints have a **** of a stable.

Ridley held a party where him and his boy Shawn Beckham-Burgess were going to commit to Miami but Bama bagman gave him money just to hold off on the announcement. Then Bama pretty much convinced him (and Burgess) to bail and leave Miami instead. Cooper got major bags dropped but didn't want to stay in Miami, plus Al Golden was an idiot.

Advertisement
saban can't do **** on an even playing field

his time in the nfl proved that, he needs his "edge"

Can you blame them for thinking that?

There loaded
Sure they are, but most of the players on the team wont see NFL playing time. The best college team couldn't hold a candle to the worst NFL team ever. Granted Bama is leaps and bounds ahead of every college team, but the NFL is a whole different level.

Advertisement
Back