OT - Eli Manning Retiring

He was certainly a workaholic and won 2 Super Bowls. Hard not to like as a person. But he was a pretty meh player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're complicating an easy equation. Top 10 passer at the completion of his career and two Super Bowl wins with MVPs attached.

Its really that simple.

The Hall of Fame has guys like Moon, Warner, Aikman, and Kelly in it. Of course Eli is a Hall of Famer

Eli Manning might get into the HOF, but that’s only because they might overvalue his 2 Super Bowl wins. Plus his last name doesn’t hurt things.

He really doesn’t deserve to be in the HOF.

Eli Manning might get into the HOF, but that’s only because they might overvalue his 2 Super Bowl wins. Plus his last name doesn’t hurt things.

He really doesn’t deserve to be in the HOF.

If you think that, you'd be getting rid of half of the modern era QBs that are already in the Hall of Fame. C'mon now. Your criteria just doesn't align with the reality of his career.

If you think that, you'd be getting rid of half of the modern era QBs that are already in the Hall of Fame. C'mon now. Your criteria just doesn't align with the reality of his career.

There probably are hardly any QBs in the HOF with statistics as meh as Eli. He’d just get in because of 2 Super Bowls, and the last name Manning.

You're complicating an easy equation. Top 10 passer at the completion of his career and two Super Bowl wins with MVPs attached.

Its really that simple.

The Hall of Fame has guys like Moon, Warner, Aikman, and Kelly in it. Of course Eli is a Hall of Famer
Those names u named were during a different era and a different playing style..I’m not complicating **** lol. Take away team accomplishments and Eli is not a HOF plain and simple..in this era QBs should not be compared to guys from the 60s or 70s..I’ll remember Eli as a very good player. **** of a person. The QB of the greatest Super Bowl upset of all time..but years and years of absolute mediocrity..led the league In Ints 3xs lmao..my feelings aside I wouldn’t bet against Eli getting in tho

Advertisement
Those names u named were during a different era and a different playing style..I’m not complicating **** lol. Take away team accomplishments and Eli is not a HOF plain and simple..in this era QBs should not be compared to guys from the 60s or 70s..I’ll remember Eli as a very good player. **** of a person. The QB of the greatest Super Bowl upset of all time..but years and years of absolute mediocrity..led the league In Ints 3xs lmao..my feelings aside I wouldn’t bet against Eli getting in tho

He's 4th among his contemporaries in pass yards and touchdowns.

If you go by adjusted numbers, he's got an ANY/A right next to Favre, higher than Kelly, Fouts, Moon, Aikman, Elway.

He's got the numbers - both raw and era edjusted, the Super Bowls...I am not sure what else you're looking for.

He's 4th among his contemporaries in pass yards and touchdowns.

If you go by adjusted numbers, he's got an ANY/A right next to Favre, higher than Kelly, Fouts, Moon, Aikman, Elway.

He's got the numbers - both raw and era edjusted, the Super Bowls...I am not sure what else you're looking for.
Those are longevity numbers..which should be commended don’t get me wrong..but once again your comparing QBs from 90s to a guy in the modern era..which is dumb..look at the numbers of his contemporaries and then compare. It’s pedestrian at best..Phillip River has better numbers..drew blows him out the water. Tom Brady better. Matt Ryan better. Big Ben...all those guys are clearly better. And then u have guys who any given year you’d put ahead him..you wanna bring in winning, sure Eli has two rings..but that’s 2 runs in a career where he missed countless playoffs and it wasn’t due to lack of talent but sometimes his absolutely pedestrian years

Those are longevity numbers..which should be commended don’t get me wrong..but once again your comparing QBs from 90s to a guy in the modern era..which is dumb..look at the numbers of his contemporaries and then compare. It’s pedestrian at best..Phillip River has better numbers..drew blows him out the water. Tom Brady better. Matt Ryan better. Big Ben...all those guys are clearly better. And then u have guys who any given year you’d put ahead him..you wanna bring in winning, sure Eli has two rings..but that’s 2 runs in a career where he missed countless playoffs and it wasn’t due to lack of talent but sometimes his absolutely pedestrian years

Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time. Roethlisberger is a Hall of Famer.
Rivers and Ryan never won a Super Bowl...if they did, they'd be Hall of Famers, too.

Winning matters. Sorry.

Also, ANY/A isn't a longevity number. Its an era adjusted figure.

Advertisement
Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time. Roethlisberger is a Hall of Famer.
Rivers and Ryan never won a Super Bowl...if they did, they'd be Hall of Famers, too.

Winning matters. Sorry.

Also, ANY/A isn't a longevity number. Its an era adjusted figure.
So 2 years out of 16! Everything else a .500 record Okay man..flacco should get in too then..winning a title is the ultimate team accomplishment..brady, brees, Rodgers, ben if you take away the super bowls they are still HOFs..

1579888596496.gif

Advertisement
So 2 years out of 16! Everything else a .500 record Okay man..flacco should get in too then..winning a title is the ultimate team accomplishment..brady, brees, Rodgers, ben if you take away the super bowls they are still HOFs..

Maybe without the SBs he doesn't get in, but he did win the SBs, you can't ignore them. Where he won both MVPs. And the 500 career record is partly a team accomplishment also isn't it?

No one is saying he is better than Brees, Rodgers or Brady (although both SBs were against him), so why should that keep him out? Stats are important yes, (and he is a top 10 passer statistically) but his overall impact on the game goes above that.

If longevity doesn't matter, where do you stand on Gore???

Last edited:
I was thinking about the sbs Eli won with giants.didn't they have to go the wild card rout e if I'm not mistaken.and beat the patriots the best dynasty i n the nfl.whether you like them or hate them on that alone you have to tip your hat to him.

Advertisement
Maybe without the SBs he doesn't get in, but he did win the SBs, you can't ignore them. Where he won both MVPs. And the 500 career record is a team accomplishment also isn't it?

No one is saying he is better than Brees, Rodgers or Brady (although both SBs were against him), so why should that keep him out? Stats are important yes, (and he is a top 10 passer statistically) but his overall impact on the game goes above that.

If longevity doesn't matter, where do you stand on Gore???
Gores 4 Th all time rushing..Super Bowls imo are team accomplishments. But I can’t take away from how well he played

Gores 4 Th all time rushing..Super Bowls imo are team accomplishments. But I can’t take away from how well he played

Gore's rushing yrds are a direct result of his longevity. Never led the league in rushing iirc. And qbs are judged more than any other position on winning SBs. Because it's about the intangibles and leading the team along with their performance. They didn't win in spite of him either, he played great not just in the SBs but throughout those playoff runs.

There's not one aspect that clearly puts him over the top, but when you consider everything together...longevity, SB wins, SB MVPs, solid and respectable stats including top 10 in yards and tds, individual moments (beating Pats twice, winning at Lambeau twice, helmet catch, Manningham throw), respected by his peers, respected by NY media, #1 overall pick...I mean it's pretty impressive and I was never even really an Eli fan.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back