nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
4E410A89-CF51-4ED9-850B-3E84877DC045.gif

73D70D4D-78F6-4794-BC14-D3DD680A747B.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Brought me much joy and a couple of my favorite moments in sports history.

Thanks for the memories and for working hard to win.

Advertisement
I'll give alot of respect to Eli but as a QB not so much. Average player at the position. He's lucky to have had great players around him. I'm happy that he made his decision to hang it up.
Dude was throwing to Steve Smith, Mario Manningham and a washed Shockey and you want to say he had “great” talent around him. Come on man. Played big when it mattered most. HOF —- and I have no bias, I’m a phins fan.

Advertisement
Don't like the Mannings or the Giants, but Eli has special place in the heart of the old Dolphin fan in me. That frigging helmet throw peserved the only Perfect Season from the horrible Pats. I had long since stopped cheering the Fins but I worked with a big Pats fan that year and after 8-0 I bet him $100 bucks they wouldn't win out. Week by week he gloated and offered to raise the bet. The first bet was smart money but as time went on is just pride making me throw another 100 down. I think is was up to $1,100 by the Super Bowl.

Nowhere near the biggest bet I ever won or lost but if was the most satisfying. I wore my game worn Zonk signed 39 jersey to work on Monday to collect. Took the dude to dinner that night and dropped a bunch of that money some expensive wine and scotch toasting to the Perfect Fins and the second best NFL team ever, the Patriots. For that I will thank old Eli for the memories.

Don't like the Mannings or the Giants, but Eli has special place in the heart of the old Dolphin fan in me. That frigging helmet throw peserved the only Perfect Season from the horrible Pats. I had long since stopped cheering the Fins but I worked with a big Pats fan that year and after 8-0 I bet him $100 bucks they wouldn't win out. Week by week he gloated and offered to raise the bet. The first bet was smart money but as time went on is just pride making me throw another 100 down. I think is was up to $1,100 by the Super Bowl.

Nowhere near the biggest bet I ever won or lost but if was the most satisfying. I wore my game worn Zonk signed 39 jersey to work on Monday to collect. Took the dude to dinner that night and dropped a bunch of that money some expensive wine and scotch toasting to the Perfect Fins and the second best NFL team ever, the Patriots. For that I will thank old Eli for the memories.
Same here man, was going back forth betting with my friend during the game. I'm a Dolphins fan and he was pulling for the Patriots, when that crazy catch happened I went crazy. Made some good money that night too.

Advertisement
I have respect of Elis 2 playoff runs..other than that he’s the most overrated QB of my generation..HOF..no for me

Hall of Famer...its not even debatable.
Very debatable actually.. .500 career record..but had those two super bowls. Other than that no..he’s Joe Flacco with 1 more ring..remember playoff joe lmao..sorry but 2 years shouldn’t make u a HOF. Especially if there’s multiple QBs from your same playing generation everyone would take before him..Big Ben is the best Eli comparison. Ben isn’t a first ballot solely off the 2 rings

Very debatable actually.. .500 career record..but had those two super bowls. Other than that no..he’s Joe Flacco with 1 more ring..remember playoff joe lmao..sorry but 2 years shouldn’t make u a HOF. Especially if there’s multiple QBs from your same playing generation everyone would take before him..Big Ben is the best Eli comparison. Ben isn’t a first ballot solely off the 2 rings

You're complicating an easy equation. Top 10 passer at the completion of his career and two Super Bowl wins with MVPs attached.

Its really that simple.

The Hall of Fame has guys like Moon, Warner, Aikman, and Kelly in it. Of course Eli is a Hall of Famer.

Looking at the Top 25 passers in NFL history, all but ONE (Joe Flacco) that won a Super Bowl is in or will be in the Hall of Fame. Eli has 17,000 more pass yards and 150 more touchdown passes PLUS another Super Bowl +MVPs of said Super Bowls.

Debating Eli's Hall of Fame credentials is silly at this point. Its academic. Roethlisberger, too. Slam dunk Hall of Famers in this era.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back