OT: East St Louis Turnover Chain

Geddy Lee

Living In The Limelight
As I’ve said many times before I’ve been a East St Louis (Jeff Thomas alma mater) fan since 07 even tho I live in Chicago. They came to suburban Chicago yesterday and won 31-17. Saw this on one of the videos from the game and thought you all would appreciate this.
292A92B6-2BFC-48E0-B45A-19FD0EB9FDA7.png

Advertisement
We weren’t the first to do it but god **** we revolutionized it. Now it feels like every program in the country has something. I seen so many high schools and even jucos have something.

Hopefully we can pull some more talent from that school. Tough area, but solid talent. Jeff is going to kill it this year for us, despite his mishaps against UF. Speaking of UF, I would be lying if I said seeing the pic in the OP didn't **** me off....the colors, and that **** "F", looks so disgustingly similar to that s'hithole in GAYnseville!

Advertisement
Hopefully we can pull some more talent from that school. Tough area, but solid talent. Jeff is going to kill it this year for us, despite his mishaps against UF. Speaking of UF, I would be lying if I said seeing the pic in the OP didn't **** me off....the colors, and that **** "F", looks so disgustingly similar to that s'hithole in GAYnseville!
They have some studs. Have like 7 guys in the top 20 in the state. Antonio Johnson is a top 300 guy who will probably go to Texas A&M. He’s a safety and WR. Their o line looks like a college line. Their rb is a stud too.

Their mascot is the “Flyers” that’s why there’s that F that looks like Florida’s. I remember people got ****ed Thomas had gear with their logo but it was actually East St Louis gear.

They have some studs. Have like 7 guys in the top 20 in the state. Antonio Johnson is a top 300 guy who will probably go to Texas A&M. He’s a safety and WR. Their o line looks like a college line. Their rb is a stud too.

Their mascot is the “Flyers” that’s why there’s that F that looks like Florida’s. I remember people got ****ed Thomas had gear with their logo but it was actually East St Louis gear.
I remember the "f" having the significance of the "Flyers" being their mascot, dating back to the JT recruiting days. I just hate seeing those colors, in general, especially off of a fresh loss to those ma****ers. Nonetheless, great update...and as always, F'uck UF!!!

Advertisement
Actually we did not originate with the turnover chain. Alabama has had a turnover belt like a WWE belt. We have ignited a flood of turnover rewards by other teams though:

Turnover craziness

They got the idea of a chain from Bama. It’s “dumb” to think otherwise.

/s

Last edited:
Advertisement
From dang near all teams using The Smoke (including NFL), to black socks & black cleats, to celebrating and trash talking, to ripping off helmets to let the world know who u r, to recruiting in the hoods of So Fla, to the dark visors, to having the first exclusive apparel deal, to now the TO chain....we still got folks jocking us.

Just wait til we become contenders again.

Advertisement
Correction brother .....If i'm not mistaken > Our very own former Dlinemen Kareem Brown (Now MD Police officer now) at the time rock the WWF Championship Belt long ago in 03 before Bama did.

Advertisement
Back