OT - Don’t throw snowballs at moving vehicles

Advertisement
Here in Miami we tend to shoot each other over a different kind of snow

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 1.51.22 AM.png

When I was young, maybe 11 or 12-years old, my friends and I used to throw rocks at those twin-engine mosquito spraying cargo planes (DC-6? DC-7?) that would fly low over the neighborhood. We never used to hit it, for one because it was traveling so fast that it was difficult to time correctly, and two because even flying at a low spraying height it was still well above the tree line, which was too high for us kids to hit with mere rocks. But one day, we all tossed our rocks up at the same time just as the plane was flying overhead, and we heard a loud metallic clank. One of our rocks had hit pay dirt, and for a moment we all howled gleefully. But then the plane banked and began making a wide turn. We watched as the plane climbed and came back around exactly over the spot we had tossed our rocks from, like it was searching for us. I had never been so scared in my life. We all got on our bikes and rode into the woods, expecting the cops to show up at any time.

Needless to say, that was the end of my rock throwing days.

Edit: Just did a search and found the exact plane. It was a DC-3.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When I was young, maybe 11 or 12-years old, my friends and I used to throw rocks at those twin-engine mosquito spraying cargo planes (DC-6? DC-7?) that would fly low over the neighborhood. We never used to hit it, for one because it was traveling so fast that it was difficult to time correctly, and two because even flying at a low spraying height it was still well above the tree line, which was too high for us kids to hit with mere rocks. But one day, we all tossed our rocks up at the same time just as the plane was flying overhead, and we heard a loud metallic clank. One of our rocks had hit pay dirt, and for a moment we all howled gleefully. But then the plane banked and began making a wide turn. We watched as the plane climbed and came back around exactly over the spot we had tossed our rocks from, like it was searching for us. I had never been so scared in my life. We all got on our bikes and rode into the woods, expecting the cops to show up at any time.

That’s fantastic. Funny the things that made us nervous as kids.

When I lived in what's now Palmetto Bay in the mid 70s, you could here that thing coming in the evening and then it would just fly right over your head just above the treetops. That was the coolest thing.

Advertisement

I felt like I was there

Unfortunately, our society is plagued by pussified and easily manipulated mf's who think it's ok to do this. Anyone rationalizing such an irrational and hideous act of violence should have their head examined. I am in no way anti 2nd ammendment but we seriously gotta find a balance in our society. Straight up.

Advertisement
I didn't read the article. Kids are fine. Open for jokes now..

Last edited:
Unfortunately, our society is plagued by pussified and easily manipulated mf's who think it's ok to do this. Anyone rationalizing such an irrational and hideous act of violence should have their head examined. I am in no way anti 2nd ammendment but we seriously gotta find a balance in our society. Straight up.
Find smuck who did this and lock him up. 2nd amendment right to keep and bare is to protect our freedom not a right to shoot at kids.

My rock throwing days ended when I finally actually hit a rabbit. It went straight up in the air and fell dead. Never toss a rock again. Lots of things seem like innocent fun until something happens.

Advertisement
Find smuck who did this and lock him up. 2nd amendment right to keep and bare is to protect our freedom not a right to shoot at kids.

My rock throwing days ended when I finally actually hit a rabbit. It went straight up in the air and fell dead. Never toss a rock again. Lots of things seem like innocent fun until something happens.
I take it you didn't skin and eat that rabbit?

What a waste, you could have learned a much different lesson from that experience.

I take it you didn't skin and eat that rabbit?

What a waste, you could have learned a much different lesson from that experience.
I did lot of hunting with my pop, mostly deer and hog. We always dressed, butchered and ate what we shot so I understand where you are coming from. This was different, I was just being a little **** harassing a rabbit just minding his own business in a field off the road. Some how it was personal. Eventually I stopped hunting also but that was many years latter after a grizzly bear taught that guilt was not the only thing lurking in the woods. I don't hold hunting against anyone but I'm too soft on animals to do it now - except frigging gators, no problem popping any I see.

Post more. That is the type of story you just don’t hear everyday. Did anyone take credit for pay dirt?

Advertisement
Back