OT: Dolphins

Not a dolphins fan, but watching the game Walton got the start. So far so good, hopefully he keeps his head on straight.

Advertisement
Don't you mean, hopefully he doesn't get his head knocked off?

I've been on a Dolphin Ban since Dolphins lost to the Ravens in '08. As long as Stephen Ross owns the team the Dolphins aren't going anywhere. No sense in wasting my Sundays watching a subpar product.
Stephen Ross wanted Lamar Jackson so eh... just didn't like his stance on players sitting during anthem.

That being said, I will root hard for my Phins every Sunday. I understand we need to tank but I don't want to have an 0-16 season that's pathetic. Also trading away Laremy Tunsil was flat out confusing.

Advertisement
I've been on a Dolphin Ban since Dolphins lost to the Ravens in '08. As long as Stephen Ross owns the team the Dolphins aren't going anywhere. No sense in wasting my Sundays watching a subpar product.
100% I've been saying this for years. The guy does not know how to make good decisions. All he does is hire other New York cronies who either do nothing and con us out of millions (Parcels), or are someone else's trash who then proceed to do to us what they did to their prior team (see Mike Tannenbaum and the salary cap disaster he left the Jets and then us in). Now we're hoping the 10th time will be the charm with hiring a Bellichek assistant.

Advertisement
That's the first time Washington has ever won in Miami. I admire the decision to go for two as being ballsy, but they had the momentum to win in OT. This will cost me in the football pool.

Advertisement
Whose that guy playing in a suicide league that picked the Dolphins today? I know there's someone out there that did.

Advertisement
The Dolphins scared the **** out of me today. A “win” would have been disastrous. No partial tanking.

Exactly. A partial tank might as well be a water gun. You end up with somebody like Herbert or Love or Fromm or an irrelevant position player.

This loss was crucial. I don't think most fans realize how imbalanced the NFL has become since 2004 once the passing game was coddled. Only twice since then -- 2015 and 2018 -- has every team in the league won at least 3 games. Far more often than not nowadays it requires 0-2 wins for the top overall pick. Sometimes there are multiple teams with 2 wins or fewer. If the Dolphins had won today it would have been basically throwing away the entire premise behind this season.

It was idiotic for the Redskins to attempt that 55 yard field goal at the outset of the 4th quarter. I jumped up and was telling that to everyone in the room. The reward does not match the situational risk. Via a miss you are handing a lifeless team the ball at the 45 yard line. That's exactly what happened. I had no idea Fitzpatrick would enter the game following that miss but once he did you could sense the immediate change. Rosen does a lot of things better than Fitzpatrick but Rosen is kind of a moody player who doesn't have much spark when things are going poorly. Meanwhile Fitzpatrick is like Tannehill in that he doesn't care. He is accustomed to losing so he'll go out there and pad his stats late and if a victory shows up...that's fine also.

Fortunately the Dolphins ran the moronic halfback tunnel screen on the 2 point attempt. That's the same idiotic philosophy as a 3rd down screen: Instead of reducing variables and simply throwing aggressively it beyond the marker ( in this case the goal line) we'll get cute and complete something way back behind the line of scrimmage. What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure the Redskins will play passively and allow Kenyon Drake to sashay into the end zone.

Worst owner in the league. Great real estate guy. Horrible NFL owner.

Go Canes!!!!!!

Exactly. A partial tank might as well be a water gun. You end up with somebody like Herbert or Love or Fromm or an irrelevant position player.

This loss was crucial. I don't think most fans realize how imbalanced the NFL has become since 2004 once the passing game was coddled. Only twice since then -- 2015 and 2018 -- has every team in the league won at least 3 games. Far more often than not nowadays it requires 0-2 wins for the top overall pick. Sometimes there are multiple teams with 2 wins or fewer. If the Dolphins had won today it would have been basically throwing away the entire premise behind this season.

It was idiotic for the Redskins to attempt that 55 yard field goal at the outset of the 4th quarter. I jumped up and was telling that to everyone in the room. The reward does not match the situational risk. Via a miss you are handing a lifeless team the ball at the 45 yard line. That's exactly what happened. I had no idea Fitzpatrick would enter the game following that miss but once he did you could sense the immediate change. Rosen does a lot of things better than Fitzpatrick but Rosen is kind of a moody player who doesn't have much spark when things are going poorly. Meanwhile Fitzpatrick is like Tannehill in that he doesn't care. He is accustomed to losing so he'll go out there and pad his stats late and if a victory shows up...that's fine also.

Fortunately the Dolphins ran the moronic halfback tunnel screen on the 2 point attempt. That's the same idiotic philosophy as a 3rd down screen: Instead of reducing variables and simply throwing aggressively it beyond the marker ( in this case the goal line) we'll get cute and complete something way back behind the line of scrimmage. What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure the Redskins will play passively and allow Kenyon Drake to sashay into the end zone.
This season must end with the #1 overall pick. I shudder at the thought of settling for anything less for enduring this season. The Bengals scare me. I knew the Jets would be a much better team than Darnold. Cincy and Washington scared me the most. Atlanta is 1-5, but clearly they're talented enough to win 5 games off that alone. Not a threat, IMO.

I have been on a Dolphins ban since they brought out the Gators 2008 championship team at halftime and had a day honoring them. As my mother used to say, they can kiss my a in Macy’s window.

Advertisement
Back