OT: Detailed ESPN article on Jake Garcia's move to GA for season

RadioRahim

Recruit
For those who want to read more about the inner workings and family dynamics in play... Kind of fascinating.

For a transfer student to be immediately eligible under Georgia High School Association rules, he or she must make a "bona fide move," in which the "student moved simultaneously with the entire parental unit or persons he/she resided with at the former school, and the student and parent(s) or persons residing with the student live in the service area of the new school."

Moving to Georgia wasn't a problem for Randy, who retired in 2012 after working for 32 years with the Los Angeles Police Department. Yvonne, who works as an administrative assistant, had to remain in California for her job. For Jake to be eligible for one season at Valdosta High, Randy and Yvonne legally separated to meet the Georgia residency rules. According to court records, Randy and Yvonne dissolved their marriage on Aug. 20. They plan to get back together once Jake's season at Valdosta High ends.

"The requirements [are] a full family move, so that and, obviously, grades and that kind of thing," Randy said. "So, at this point, we got a legal separation. We're right down the guidelines as far as being eligible to play."

Advertisement
Curious who the other schools are. I've heard rumors about Tennessee. Guessing Miss State, Ol Miss....

The dad did it right. legally separated. Gets to watch his son play football and now bang some hoes in Georgia for his midlife crisis. Once it is all said and done just get back with the wife and no one is the wiser. I got a sick mind sometimes.

Advertisement
Hope ESPN does one on Tua's family moving to Tuscaloosa

😁
Amazing isn’t it.
ESPN goes full Sherlock Holmes on a kid that is a Miami target but doesn’t even ask a simple question about a dude living in paradise who’s entire freaking family moved to a sht hole.

Nooe! let’s concentrate on personal marital/parental legal matters, and Possible eligibility issues with a Miami target.

Amazing isn’t it.
ESPN goes full Sherlock Holmes on a kid that is a Miami target but doesn’t even ask a simple question about a dude living in paradise who’s entire freaking family moved to a sht hole.

Nooe! let’s concentrate on personal marital/parental legal matters, and Possible eligibility issues with a Miami target.

read into it...What ever the college is that forwarded them to Valdosta are definately in play there...and im sure it aint us.

read into it...What ever the college is that forwarded them to Valdosta are definately in play there...and im sure it aint us.
I believe we were told on here that even when he picked a high school to play for in LA there was shadiness involved as well. SoCal is very similar to sofla when it comes to high school football.

Advertisement
Amazing isn’t it.

The Canes weren’t mentioned once in this article.

The Canes weren’t mentioned once in this article.
It’s been well known that we’ve been his second choice and the speculation was he was coming here after he announced he was gonna play in Georgia.
When did ESPN go full magnum pi on bama and tua and tua’s little bro?

It’s been well known that we’ve been his second choice and the speculation was he was coming here after he announced he was gonna play in Georgia.
When did ESPN go full magnum pi on bama and tua and tua’s little bro?
Do you really think ESPN chose to write this article because Garcia was at one time considering Miami?

Can't help ya bro....

Advertisement
Do you really think ESPN chose to write this article because Garcia was at one time considering Miami?

Can't help ya bro....
Tua was ranked the top qb prospect and going to the most hyped program in the country and about to walk into a serious qb controversy that everyone saw coming. He was all over ESPN even before he enrolled at bama and not once!! not even for an instance was his entire family moving to kkklanville ever brought up. No one even cared to ask how the fck that happened while everyone knew that it was gonna be way more than just mom and dad. Did you see how many people moved out there?

I don’t need to bring up the ncaa and it’s history with giving Miami a colonoscopy for even going to lunch at Benihana or losing our 2 leading tacklers because they rented the same cars that bama players posted all over the web while holding wads of cash. That sht is invisible to the ncaa and the world wide leader in sports.

So give me a reason a lower rated player than tua moving with his dad to a high school at another state is getting more scrutiny from ESPN/sec than tua ever got.

Way more to talk about in cfb right now than some high school 4 star from California playing at Valdosta.

Do you know that before they post a story they ask who tf is gonna want to click this and why should we run with it?
And in reality nobody gives a sht why and how Garcia ended up at Georgia. Not even one person n here asked how that sht happened and how was he eligible etc etc.
But I guarantee every fan base in cfb would click on the story on how saban managed to move a large Samoan family to kkklanville. A place where mfers were so dumb they thought he would have a problem with the English language. Even people who don’t give sht about cfb would’ve clicked the story to find out the logi$tic$ involved in that endeavor.
But not one ESPN reporter wrote even one sentence about it.
So please give me another reason why ESPN gave the green light to write a story that no one gives a sht about.

Tua was ranked the top qb prospect and going to the most hyped program in the country and about to walk into a serious qb controversy that everyone saw coming. He was all over ESPN even before he enrolled at bama and not once!! not even for an instance was his entire family moving to kkklanville ever brought up. No one even cared to ask how the fck that happened while everyone knew that it was gonna be way more than just mom and dad. Did you see how many people moved out there?

I don’t need to bring up the ncaa and it’s history with giving Miami a colonoscopy for even going to lunch at Benihana or losing our 2 leading tacklers because they rented the same cars that bama players posted all over the web while holding wads of cash. That sht is invisible to the ncaa and the world wide leader in sports.

So give me a reason a lower rated player than tua moving with his dad to a high school at another state is getting more scrutiny from ESPN/sec than tua ever got.

Way more to talk about in cfb right now than some high school 4 star from California playing at Valdosta.

Do you know that before they post a story they ask who tf is gonna want to click this and why should we run with it?
And in reality nobody gives a sht why and how Garcia ended up at Georgia. Not even one person n here asked how that sht happened and how was he eligible etc etc.
But I guarantee every fan base in cfb would click on the story on how saban managed to move a large Samoan family to kkklanville. A place where mfers were so dumb they thought he would have a problem with the English language. Even people who don’t give sht about cfb would’ve clicked the story to find out the logi$tic$ involved in that endeavor.
But not one ESPN reporter wrote even one sentence about it.
So please give me another reason why ESPN gave the green light to write a story that no one gives a sht about.
Tua and his family moving to Bama should have been investigated. As should Patrick Peterson’s father suddenly finding a job in Louisiana once PP signed with L$U. I hear ya there, and agree. No sports reporter in the South is going to investigate top $EC schools, or Clemson for that matter. To do so would be a career-killer, and, nothing would likely come from it as the NCAA would look the other way. ESPN owns and operates the $EC Network, so there’s another reason.

In Miami, reporters seem to think they’re going to win a Pulitzer Prize for investigating The U. Yeah, it sucks.

But the Garcia story ain’t that. He is a highly-rated QB from California whose family went to great length to allow him to transfer to top rated HS in Georgia. In this COVID era, so he could play his senior season. The parents even legally separated to qualify, and admittedly will reunite once Garcia starts college. Presumably back at USC. But time will tell....

This is more of a ‘feel good-family sacrifice’ story than an investigation. Does anyone care? You clicked on it. ESPN needs content for their site and this story fits the bill.

Nothing anti-Miami here at all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you think that's not an interesting story then you're trippin'. Maybe it's the journalist in me, but that story so many fascinating parts to it that I can definitely see people wanting to read it.

And honestly, I'd be more ****ed if I was a USC fan than Miami. He's actually committed there and the story all but said that it's not a sure thing.

Them doing this story has nothing to do with Miami having their eyes on him. I know what board we're on and all that, but no...

Amazing isn’t it.

D1C6080A-3C58-4BF3-99A9-2D2DBEEAF027.jpeg

Advertisement
Back