CFB OT: Deshaun Watson

I still think Goddell will appeal due to public perception. But when you originally stated 5 in this era I thought their was no way. Whether he is guilty or not no amount punishment would have pleased the internet.
It’s a twenty four hour news cycle and people love a winner. No one cares. It’s just what it is. I can still remember people calling for Kobe to be convicted of rape and Mike Tyson was the devil. Today Kobe is a beloved girls dad (RIP) and Iron Mike is loved coast to coast. We’re not smart enough as a collective to hold anyone a accountable. Watson will manage his civil suites and be the bell of the ball soon enough. Just win baby,

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dang fellas, I figured Deeshawn wuz in a load a trubble. Hiz turney must a give it hiz best shot. Inniehow ya cain’t blame a guy fur gittin out of a sticky situashun like dat. Gud luck D, don’t blow it agin.

Maybe the team got it wrong. We’ll see lol I had good team intel. Maybe I need someone inside the league office too 😂 should we talk pending wr commitments 😂😂😂 would you like to know the conversations for the last few months leading up to these moments. What’s changed and what possibly hasn’t. That’s a much easier conversation. I’ll give one more off Miami Hurricanes topic piece of crystal ball info. George Pickens will be a top six NFL WR this season in both yards and touchdowns. I’ve known George since he was a senior at Hoover and he’s the greatest steal of this past seasons draft. He’s destroying camp. There isn’t a bad ball in that kids life. He’s going to dominate the league. Program changer

Advertisement
Maybe the team got it wrong. We’ll see lol I had good team intel. Maybe I need someone inside the league office too 😂 should we talk pending wr commitments 😂😂😂 would you like to know the conversations for the last few months leading up to these moments. What’s changed and what possibly hasn’t. That’s a much easier conversation
Never underestimate the #Metoo movement I'm sure source was legit. The only thing predictable in the social media age is that outrage will ensue.

Never underestimate the #Metoo movement I'm sure source was legit. The only thing predictable in the social media age is that outrage will ensue.
Read my edited post again. If you play fantasy football, that’s the league winning move. I don’t play, but I find it interesting

Read my edited post again. If you play fantasy football, that’s the league winning move. I don’t play, but I find it interesting
I'm in some pretty hefty buy in leagues so that may be best news I hear all year.

The math would tell you the NFL couldn't justify letting 6 stand. If Zeke and Ben got 6 for one allegation apiece that was deemed credible how could 4 accounts that were deemed credible sit at 6 games? Someone brought this up. What if the four cases that were credible were actually over a longer period of time and brought separately over the next 4 years? Like Deshaun did some cruddy **** with one woman every offseason for the next 4 years. No way that would equal 6 games. Realistically he would just get banned for life.

Advertisement
The math would tell you the NFL couldn't justify letting 6 stand. If Zeke and Ben got 6 for one allegation apiece that was deemed credible how could 4 accounts that were deemed credible sit at 6 games? Someone brought this up. What if the four cases that were credible were actually over a longer period of time and brought separately over the next 4 years? Like Deshaun did some cruddy **** with one woman every offseason for the next 4 years. No way that would equal 6 games. Realistically he would just get banned for life.
No matter what suspension he gets it won't be enough to some people.

No matter what suspension he gets it won't be enough to some people.
Mostly because if he's truly guilty of what he's accused of there isn't an actual football punishment worthy of the allegations. Some accusations involve forced oral ***. The NFL didn't present that case to the judge. So for someone who believes he's guilty of that, how many football games would be enough punishment? Those who believe he is guilty wouldn't measure proper punishment in football games. Probably the reason why some Browns fans are done with the team.

Mostly because if he's truly guilty of what he's accused of there isn't an actual football punishment worthy of the allegations. Some accusations involve forced oral ***. The NFL didn't present that case to the judge. So for someone who believes he's guilty of that, how many football games would be enough punishment? Those who believe he is guilty wouldn't measure proper punishment in football games. Probably the reason why some Browns fans are done with the team.
Innocent until proven guilty is just what they use in criminal court. He was guilty in the court of public opinion after the first accusation. Everything else is nuance.

Advertisement
Innocent until proven guilty is just what they use in criminal court. He was guilty in the court of public opinion after the first accusation. Everything else is nuance.
People love siding with celebrities and athletes when they can. Mike Tyson is now a beloved figure despite actually going to jail for rape. Hard for people who would be willing to call one girl a cleat chasing gold digger to do that to 23 other women. And when the best defense his attorney came up with was to say that Deshaun did have consensual *** with some of his accusers then the book was closed on the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe the team got it wrong. We’ll see lol I had good team intel. Maybe I need someone inside the league office too 😂 should we talk pending wr commitments 😂😂😂 would you like to know the conversations for the last few months leading up to these moments. What’s changed and what possibly hasn’t. That’s a much easier conversation. I’ll give one more off Miami Hurricanes topic piece of crystal ball info. George Pickens will be a top six NFL WR this season in both yards and touchdowns. I’ve known George since he was a senior at Hoover and he’s the greatest steal of this past seasons draft. He’s destroying camp. There isn’t a bad ball in that kids life. He’s going to dominate the league. Program changer

Advertisement
Back