CFB OT: Deshaun Watson

Advertisement
Njoku gonna be catching passes from Jacoby Brissett until 2023
Do you think it will only be a one year suspension? That seems to be the worst case scenario at the moment…but what if it is multi year? I could imagine that there might be others in the league that would see this as a way to punish the Browns for offering a full guaranteed contract, and using this situation as a means of setting an example as to why such guarantees are not given out.

Outside looking in, street wise and been around MF'ers with big bucks, I have derived the following scenario: After watching a **** massage video it became a fantasy. When it worked he would broach the subject. Since variety is the spice of life he probably saw, masseurs, as a endless source of *** with little ramifications. I mean if you find a good masseuse you typically stick with her, but 66, bro was going for it.

Advertisement
Do you think it will only be a one year suspension? That seems to be the worst case scenario at the moment…but what if it is multi year? I could imagine that there might be others in the league that would see this as a way to punish the Browns for offering a full guaranteed contract, and using this situation as a means of setting an example as to why such guarantees are not given out.
There is a chance he goes on paid leave until all these cases are dealt with, which if they actually go to trial would take one season away from him. Then once his legal issues are done the NFL could come and hit him with another 8 games for 2023. Maybe more. If he doesn't play this year, judging by what Jacoby Brissett was with the Dolphins last season the Browns could be terrible. In a position to pick a top QB type terrible. Deshaun limbo with local college star CJ Stroud available and no picks? It would be perfect if you're into watching other fanbases be miserable.

Outside looking in, street wise and been around MF'ers with big bucks, I have derived the following scenario: After watching a **** massage video it became a fantasy. When it worked he would broach the subject. Since variety is the spice of life he probably saw, masseurs, as a endless source of *** with little ramifications. I mean if you find a good masseuse you typically stick with her, but 66, bro was going for it.
Would you say he has (had) compulsive behavior?

Let's be real, he could get a ton of aşş for free*.

*we all pay one way or another...you know what's up

There is a chance he goes on paid leave until all these cases are dealt with, which if they actually go to trial would take one season away from him. Then once his legal issues are done the NFL could come and hit him with another 8 games for 2023. Maybe more. If he doesn't play this year, judging by what Jacoby Brissett was with the Dolphins last season the Browns could be terrible. In a position to pick a top QB type terrible. Deshaun limbo with local college star CJ Stroud available and no picks? It would be perfect if you're into watching other fanbases be miserable.
And his contract is fully guaranteed, with no exceptions for this scenario, right? So now Cleveland is looking at paying Deshaun a giant salary for 2022 and possibly longer without any on field play.

Advertisement
Would you say he has (had) compulsive behavior?

Let's be real, he could get a ton of aşş for free*.

*we all pay one way or another...you know what's up
Not a psychologist, but if I was a $$$ QB and didn't have to date, chance prostitution arrest or browse the internet, the masseuse thing is nice.

Dave Hyde on Sirius NFL Rewind putting receipts on the Jumbotron re: Dolphins ...Brady...Payton...Deshaun...Flores...

Holy smokes Ross is a clown as well as his staffers...

And his contract is fully guaranteed, with no exceptions for this scenario, right? So now Cleveland is looking at paying Deshaun a giant salary for 2022 and possibly longer without any on field play.
Probably includes a morals/legal issues clause or injury resulting from banned activities, like riding motorcycles, for example. I’d think this type of stuff would be almost boilerplate. Or are the Browns that stupid?

I think they are that stupid. I could be wrong, but I think they have to pay him this year weather he actually plays or not. Browns betting he’s worth it over the life of the contract.
Perhaps you’re correct.

I read somewhere, maybe here, Watson’s base salary for 2022 is $1M (or so), limiting the financial impact of any potential suspension to him or to the Browns. The NFLPA CBA allows the NFL to suspend players without pay, and I don’t know if a player’s contract can supersede this agreement.

Advertisement
Yeah I herd that too but I think he got a nice signing bonus up front. I don’t know, but I think Deshaun wanted some up front money so he could pay to get a rub.
The contract is set up so that Watsons base salary this season is really low in case he gets a suspension. However, from 2023 to 2026, he will be paid 55 million per year regardless of his suspensions.

These contracts are not finalized tho and teams can receive cap space back from the NFL in case negligence was existent at the time of a release. It took New England eight years to get the cap space back from the Aaron Hernandez deal.

A reporter suggested that Watson could be suspended for 4-10 games. Which would be absolutely laughable but fitting given how the NFL punishes players.

Regardless of whether Watson gets criminally hammered, the dude had over 60 masseuses in a span of 17 months and Mia Khalifa in a weird costume to play "basketball".

Advertisement
@Boarcane
Derek Jeter Sport GIF by YES Network

Didn’t think anyone would remember. Kind of crazy how real inside information works. No team would risk 250 million dollars without knowing EXACTLY what the outcome would be of the investigation. I was told before they signed the deal “he’ll miss five games to start the season”. They were off by one game. The show was just that, a show. If you want to see the unknown, find people of lesser means. Thanks for the gif. I won’t tell anyone, if you don’t.

Didn’t think anyone would remember. Kind of crazy how real inside information works. No team would risk 250 million dollars without knowing EXACTLY what the outcome would be of the investigation. I was told before they signed the deal “he’ll miss five games to start the season”. They were off by one game. The show was just that, a show. If you want to see the unknown, find people of lesser means. Thanks for the gif. I won’t tell anyone, if you don’t.
I still think Goddell will appeal due to public perception. But when you originally stated 5 in this era I thought their was no way. Whether he is guilty or not no amount punishment would have pleased the internet.

Advertisement
Back