OT: David Fizdale- Good College Coach?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Just fired after a disaster in NY and seemingly an NBA lifer but you guys think he'd be a good college coach? I actually do because (outside of seemingly hating his own team with the Knicks) the dude seems to always be universally beloved by players and really respected by other coaches. I could see him being a natural recruiter.

Maybe something to keep in mind down the road as I'm sure he loves Miami.

Advertisement
If he was hired he we’d at least get a sniff of interest from Bronny James given the relationship between his dad and Fiz. Granted I can’t imagine LeBron’s son going to an Adidas school

as a Knicks fan I can tell you with no doubt that Fizdale is not a HC. I am sure he is a good/great assistant, no problem with that if that is his ceiling. But regardless of how toxic the Knicks have been and continue to be, he was the equivalent of pouring gasoline onto a dumpster fire.

head games with players-check
zero feel for player rotations-check
poor in game coaching-check
zero offensive gameplan-check
poor awareness of utilizing time outs and fouls in close games-check
DREADFUL at drawing up plays in late/close game situations-check

he seems like a good dude and that he cared. I dont doubt that he gave it his all. but he is by far the worst coach the Knicks have had since van gunny left and it is not even close.

as a Knicks fan I can tell you with no doubt that Fizdale is not a HC. I am sure he is a good/great assistant, no problem with that if that is his ceiling. But regardless of how toxic the Knicks have been and continue to be, he was the equivalent of pouring gasoline onto a dumpster fire.

head games with players-check
zero feel for player rotations-check
poor in game coaching-check
zero offensive gameplan-check
poor awareness of utilizing time outs and fouls in close games-check
DREADFUL at drawing up plays in late/close game situations-check

he seems like a good dude and that he cared. I dont doubt that he gave it his all. but he is by far the worst coach the Knicks have had since van gunny left and it is not even close.

Wow. That actually says a lot when Herb Williams, Kurt Rambis, Isiah Thomas and Jeff Hornacek were all part of the pool of suck that you speak of.

Side note (and rivalry bias aside)- what do you think the Knicks would give up if the Heat said to go ahead and make an offer for Spo?

Wow. That actually says a lot when Herb Williams, Kurt Rambis, Isiah Thomas and Jeff Hornacek were all part of the pool of suck that you speak of.

Side note (and rivalry bias aside)- what do you think the Knicks would give up if the Heat said to go ahead and make an offer for Spo?

im not a fan of trading for execs or coaches, but i think spoelstra would have to net at least a rotation player and 1st rd pick. Or pick and cash.

it doesnt matter though because as long as dolan lets steve mills continue to hang around nothing will improve. Word is that dolan is **** bent on get usjiri or however u spell his name from raptors. So im sure that means 3 first rd picks and 3 million dollars or something lol

Advertisement
im not a fan of trading for execs or coaches, but i think spoelstra would have to net at least a rotation player and 1st rd pick. Or pick and cash.

it doesnt matter though because as long as dolan lets steve mills continue to hang around nothing will improve. Word is that dolan is **** bent on get usjiri or however u spell his name from raptors. So im sure that means 3 first rd picks and 3 million dollars or something lol

Hahaha. Yup. I heard that about them wanting the dude in Toronto too. As if that'll be the magic bullet with Jimmy Dolan still making everything toxic.

Fitzdale may be a solid coach, to my knowledge, he's never coached at the college level. Miami could and should go after someone that has done well at the mid major level, that is a talented teacher. Miami is most likely never going to be able to consistently get the top end guys, whomever succeeds Coach L will have to develop talent, and be able to grab the top end guys that are receptive to the Miami sales pitch. I would prefer a guy like Randy Bennett at St. Marys, he would bring his California and international recruiting connections, those would be nice to have.

Advertisement
Back