OT: Dave Doeren extended by NC State

Advertisement
Advertisement
What do you really, consistently, think the upside of NC State is? Particularly with Mack back at UNC for a while?

Lol Mack Brown isn’t Nick Saban. Look at team he had last year and he still lost 4 games.

NC State should be a consistent 10 win team. They have a very good recruiting base, good fan support and their school puts in the resources.

Like I’ve said a hundred times, it’s standard procedure in college football to extend a coach when he gets to 2 1/2-3 years left on his contract.

Same things gonna happen here if we get to 5–1 or 6-1. Definitely before the December signing period gets here.

Poor State. They're like the step child of North Carolina. It's pretty much Duke/ UNC there with a people rooting for Wake in the Piedmont area. Of course...... you have alums and fans like myself from the great school of Appalachian State.

Advertisement
Poor State. They're like the step child of North Carolina. It's pretty much Duke/ UNC there with a people rooting for Wake in the Piedmont area. Of course...... you have alums and fans like myself from the great school of Appalachian State.
I hope we run over that great school this season

Lol Mack Brown isn’t Nick Saban. Look at team he had last year and he still lost 4 games.

NC State should be a consistent 10 win team. They have a very good recruiting base, good fan support and their school puts in the resources.

True that NCSU sits in a very rich recruiting area, but so do several other schools that sit relatively close to their campus, including the Virginia schools, UNC, Clemson as well as the SEC schools. Too many schools plus UNC is The flagship school. This is why I disagree with some of the assorted dingbats in our fan base who want the USFs, UCFs, FAUs, etc to share a conference with us.

I know some posters hate facts, but what, historically, demonstrates NC State as a consistent 10 win team?

Plus later posters discussed the reality of what they have to work wth.

Advertisement
I know some posters hate facts, but what, historically, demonstrates NC State as a consistent 10 win team?

Plus later posters discussed the reality of what they have to work wth.
Zero. But because some good players come from the area (North Carolina has some fertile recruiting ground: Charlotte, Burlington, Richmond County, Scotland County), they should be a "10-win team." And btw, North Carolina is a very good, but not a great high school football state. Well above average, but not as good as Virginia and not close to Georgia or Florida.

NC State is the Iowa of the ACC I guess

they love their coach that much they’ll double down with raises/extensions for mediocre results

Advertisement
Zero. But because some good players come from the area (North Carolina has some fertile recruiting ground: Charlotte, Burlington, Richmond County, Scotland County), they should be a "10-win team." And btw, North Carolina is a very good, but not a great high school football state. Well above average, but not as good as Virginia and not close to Georgia or Florida.
If THEY should be a 10 win team, why the **** are WE lucky to get to 8?

NC State is the Iowa of the ACC I guess

they love their coach that much they’ll double down with raises/extensions for mediocre results
Interesting comparison, but Iowa probably does more with less when you look at in-state recruiting possibilities and what is realistically available in immediately neighboring states. On the other hand, Iowa is the flagship school in the state where NC State is not.

IMO, if either consistently gave you 8 wins, you are doing about as well as can regularly be expected.

Lmao how did you come up with this?

People outside of this state have no idea what Nc State is. That name carries ZERO weight, anywhere. It’s a dead end job in every sport outside of bass fishing.

Advertisement
Back