OT/Darrell Langham

i've watched that last drive 10-15 times. it was amazing. richt's greatest playcalling series. the runs were phenomenal. the effort berrios and home gave to break tackles and get out of bounds was extraordinary.

and to think Langham was in for only ONE play in the entire game. we ran up a tremendous bill at Shula's that might in Tallahassee. it was unprecedented.
...now I have to watch it again...

Advertisement
i've watched that last drive 10-15 times. it was amazing. richt's greatest playcalling series. the runs were phenomenal. the effort berrios and home gave to break tackles and get out of bounds was extraordinary.

and to think Langham was in for only ONE play in the entire game. we ran up a tremendous bill at Shula's that might in Tallahassee. it was unprecedented.
Berrios was absolutely awesome that year. He made so many big catches. One of my favorites of the last 10 years.

Advertisement
Should have been a TE...

reminded me of Jared Cook.... isn’t the most athletic dude but big bodied with good hands

I guess biggest question was blocking but I don’t remember how good he was
I was calling for the same thing myself back than, as for blocking, he wouldn't be more atrocious than the weak, feeble blocking penalty collecting tightend that we have now in will mallory. This year will start to show whether we got a fraud at tight-end coach, besides brevin jordan who was already established before hartley's replacement got here, all we've seen thus far from that tight-end group is a some time mallory and nobody else, and will looks no different than he did last year.

The brevin train is gone now, time for this so called tightends coach to come out of hiding or bring hartley back, like you did with coach jess!

DL will always be etched in the folklore of MiMi Hurricanes football. The ending of the miserable streak versus Florida State. The huge catch against GT. Kid just had a knack for massive plays.

He should've played more actually. Wasn't fast bit he got open and could make contested catches.
Yea the snap distributions for him was so inconsistent. Even when he was hot after that FSU catch and the Ga Tech game, they wouldn’t FEED him. Offensive play calling has been weird for so long.

Advertisement
The TD in Tallahassee was epic.

But the next was week against GT, Langham was huge again, and that's unfortunately been lost in people's memories.

Had 5 catches for 100 yds - and this catch was just as big

Good one.
It hasn't been lost with me though.
There's a little luck there but he reaches and goes after that ball.
The game ends right there if he attempts.... a basket catch.

Advertisement
Should have played every snap Cager took that game, but then he might not have been in on that play...

Advertisement
Back