OT Darius Washington

Advertisement
Convince him to come on an unofficial official this weekend, a coach can pick him up so he doesn’t have to pay

He's already been here twice on 2 OVs. Would be nice, but Pensacola is not Pembroke Pines. Long way from Miami. He has no more OVs to use, so if he does go somewhere this weekend on his own dime, it'd clearly be very telling. Hoping he doesn't make the 2.5 hour drive to Tallahassee again.

He's already been here twice on 2 OVs. Would be nice, but Pensacola is not Pembroke Pines. Long way from Miami. He has no more OVs to use, so if he does go somewhere this weekend on his own dime, it'd clearly be very telling. Hoping he doesn't make the 2.5 hour drive to Tallahassee again.

That’s why I said unofficial official, I’m sure the coaches are allowed to drive, just fill up a bus so no one falls asleep

That’s why I said unofficial official, I’m sure the coaches are allowed to drive, just fill up a bus so no one falls asleep

I understand, I'm just telling you he's already been here twice on a paid trip. Making a 10 hour drive on your own dime is probably not in the cards. I'm sure the staff will float the idea, but this may as well be an OOS recruit with how far Pensacola is from Coral Gables. If this kid was from South Carolina would you be expecting the staff to get him to take another visit on his own dime?

Would be amazing if it happens, but there's no need. NSD is in a week. He's seen everything he needs to at Miami...he's visited officially on 2 different occasions and bonded with 2 different staffs. Just gotta hold off FSU. Hopefully their dumbassery of not offering until 2 weeks ago bites them in the ***.

Advertisement
no. The staff can still see him just Manny cannot

That's what I meant, just didn't say it that way. He will see Willie twice since he last saw Manny. Pretty important battle here, he'd help both teams a lot. Miami getting him and keeping him from FSU would be a big win on both fronts, and vice versa as well.

If proximity is important then we are ****ed. Mississippi State is probably closer to him than us and FSU is right around the corner

Advertisement
Apparently there is some uncertainty with FSU and their OL coaching situation. Frey is the guy there now but the word has been that Briles wants to bring in Clements.

This is very true as well. Pretty much everyone expects Randy Clements to join Briles at some point. But then what happens with Frey? This situation is still very much in the air and hopefully that factors into his decision.

Advertisement
This is very true as well. Pretty much everyone expects Randy Clements to join Briles at some point. But then what happens with Frey? This situation is still very much in the air and hopefully that factors into his decision.
Between this and the way they recruited him unless he's jusy dead set on them he should come here and also Emerson has to be in his ear too recruiting heavy for us

Advertisement
Agreed. But how the staff will shake out once he's added is still up in the air.
this is just me guessing... I think Frey gets let go. He is the 4th highest paid OL coach in the country. And I don't think you can afford (south florida clout reasons) to fire Telly.

Advertisement
Back