OT - COVID Helmets

There is no way I would play hockey without a mask.....if I played hockey lol
I wore a replica of Pelle Lindbergh's Flyers mask and don't want to imagine the pain of taking a puck to the dome. It sits snug against your face minus about 1/8" padding on the forehead and bridge of the nose. Granted back then stick blades didnt have much curve and composite shafts didn't exist so shots tended to be lower and slower, but still, them boys weren't right.

s-l600.jpg

Advertisement
Why not just an extension of a face shield? I understand transmission is mostly by droplets exhaled through the mouth but being able to breathe properly has to be a major issue. Better yet, test all the players at an appointed time before the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There will be a red beacon on top of helmet that will flash if anyone comes inside 6 feet when this goes off play will stop replay official will reverse the video to see where to place the ball after the ball has been sprayed. Verbal disclaimers will be announce at the end of each quarter and the beginning of the next.
Once a fan leaves the stadium like a hospital they may not be allowed back in till cleared by CDC / NCAA attorneys.
Anyone who comes on the field including the press will have temp.checked and a quick blood test like diabetics do it will be sent to CDC and NCAA for attorneys to approve in case lawsuits occur after game is over.
Also a written disclaimer will also be implemented , keep in mind the FANS my have to do the same so lawsuits in the 100's of millions can be kept to a minimum .
Games could last 6 hours.

The NCAA is scared to death of people suing the stadium , UM , ACC , TV / cable / satellite networks and sponsors as attorneys will be very active in the stands and exiting the stadium with advertisement hand outs and video trucks circling the stadium of there firms services with loud speakers.

BRACE YOUR SELVES FOR IT.

I wore a replica of Pelle Lindbergh's Flyers mask and don't want to imagine the pain of taking a puck to the dome. It sits snug against your face minus about 1/8" padding on the forehead and bridge of the nose. Granted back then stick blades didnt have much curve and composite shafts didn't exist so shots tended to be lower and slower, but still, them boys weren't right.

View attachment 119253
Right. Hockey players get a lot of respect from me for standing in front of pucks flying 90+, and I played baseball for 20+ years. I would at the least have an Ovechkin type visor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
excessive sweating during the game player will be pulled to change and get sanitized shower retested then go back in to play , this could take 30-45 minutes to happen.

Body fluids , spit and sweat to be monitored and strict guidelines will be enforced.

Advertisement
Back