OT: Corruption in NCAA BBAll

"The nature of the charges brought by the federal government are deeply disturbing. We have no tolerance whatsoever for this alleged behavior. Coaches hold a unique position of trust with student-athletes and their families and these bribery allegations, if true, suggest an extraordinary and despicable breach of that trust. We learned of these charges this morning and of course will support the ongoing criminal federal investigation.”

– Mark Emmert, NCAA President

If you think Emmert's NCAA won't be out for blood with those schools messing with their tourney gravy train, especially when the two institutions (one public, one private), are not state flagships, you are fooling yourself.

Advertisement
I know one thing from reading this thread...hospitals all around the country have the ER's fool of CIS posters who gave broken or severely injured their ankles and/or legs jumping to some serious conclusions in here.

I know of just 3 lawyers in here( may be a couple more im not aware of) but there's at least a dozen/dozen and a half of them that have already convicted Miami and a coach before either of them has been named or arrested in this case.Telling us " from what they're hearing"this or that is about to happen.Id like to know who their sources inside the FBI are and if they can ask that source how deep Miami is actually in the **** with this because the only place " they could be hearing anything"is from the FBI.

Someone about 5-6 pages back made a bold statement that we ought to wait until more info is released before damning Miami and having the BB program shut down.

I'd make that same suggestion cause anything anyone says they know other than what's in that case file is pure bull sHT.

You know how this goes. Only think CIS prosters like more than burning down UM athletics is being the one to toss the first torch.

Exactly.

You find out who the real cūnts at CIS are when something like this happens.

We even have some posters here pimping other schools saying they would never cheat, yet we still have very few facts regarding what actually transpired. Several of our eager beavers are ready to throw the program under without even knowing what's going on.

I have a theory that a large percentage of posters that post on message boards are half-*** casual fans that don't go to games or even really care that much about the school, they just like a forum to blow hard.
I think about 98% of your posts are about other posters opinions that don't mirror yours. Focus on the teams, not the fans.

Seems like you closely monitor my posts.

But yea, I'm going to change what and how I post because you seem to get flustered by 98% of my posts. Sure. I'll start changing my ways right now.

Can't this effing school's athletic programs stay out of trouble for a YEAR at least???? Geebuz Christ!

I haven't seen one bit of evidence that they've done anything at all other than get mentioned in a tapped phone call by two shoe execs....

"The nature of the charges brought by the federal government are deeply disturbing. We have no tolerance whatsoever for this alleged behavior. Coaches hold a unique position of trust with student-athletes and their families and these bribery allegations, if true, suggest an extraordinary and despicable breach of that trust. We learned of these charges this morning and of course will support the ongoing criminal federal investigation.”

If you think Emmert's NCAA won't be out for blood with those schools messing with their tourney gravy train, especially when the two institutions (one public, one private), are not state flagships, you are fooling yourself.

Are you sure? Seems like a nice time to cover up and just blame a few underlings. This thing goes too wide and it starts to turn off the fan$.

Advertisement

Are you sure? Seems like a nice time to cover up and just blame a few underlings. This thing goes too wide and it starts to turn off the fan$.

You Sure?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-high-profile-nba-agency-raided-by-fbi-amid-ncaa-basketball-investigation/

I wouldn't worry about Miami. This is much bigger. College basketball is about to burn and it may bring football with it.

You Sure?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-high-profile-nba-agency-raided-by-fbi-amid-ncaa-basketball-investigation/

Looks like the FBI is out for blood, but is the NCAA as well? Probably doesn't matter, but I'd be surprised if the NCAA didn't try to contain this behind the scenes. The wider this goes the worse it is for their gravy train.

Advertisement
I know one thing from reading this thread...hospitals all around the country have the ER's fool of CIS posters who gave broken or severely injured their ankles and/or legs jumping to some serious conclusions in here.

I know of just 3 lawyers in here( may be a couple more im not aware of) but there's at least a dozen/dozen and a half of them that have already convicted Miami and a coach before either of them has been named or arrested in this case.Telling us " from what they're hearing"this or that is about to happen.Id like to know who their sources inside the FBI are and if they can ask that source how deep Miami is actually in the **** with this because the only place " they could be hearing anything"is from the FBI.

Someone about 5-6 pages back made a bold statement that we ought to wait until more info is released before damning Miami and having the BB program shut down.

I'd make that same suggestion cause anything anyone says they know other than what's in that case file is pure bull sHT.

You know how this goes. Only think CIS prosters like more than burning down UM athletics is being the one to toss the first torch.

Exactly.

We even have some posters here pimping other schools saying they would never cheat, yet we still have very few facts regarding what actually transpired. Several of our eager beavers are ready to throw the program under without even knowing what's going on.

I have a theory that a large percentage of posters that post on message boards are half-*** casual fans that don't go to games or even really care that much about the school, they just like a forum to blow hard.
I think about 98% of your posts are about other posters opinions that don't mirror yours. Focus on the teams, not the fans.

But yea, I'm going to change what and how I post because you seem to get flustered by 98% of my posts. Sure. I'll start changing my ways right now.

No, you always do this. I called you out in another thread and you didn't respond.

Exactly.

No, you always do this. I called you out in another thread and you didn't respond.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll try to respond to all your posts directed at me in the future.

I'm very concerned that you don't have a positive view of my posts and I'll try to do better so that you will be pleased with my posting henceforth.

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention.

I wouldn't worry about Miami. This is much bigger. College basketball is about to burn and it may bring football with it.

Have to imagine if the fbi is starting to get involved in these type of matters it will have some type of impact on curtailing dirty recruiting that is running rampant at certain schools because coaches would be afraid to indulge in those acts due to possible jail time. Interesting for sure

Last edited:
Miami men?s basketball program potentially involved in FBI corruption probe - Sun Sentinel

Two things we can read into: 1) the assistant alleged helped steer 150k, but doesn't say he personally benefited or took a bribe and 2) the recruit who was allegedly supposed to get the money is a 2018 recruit, meaning he has not played a game for Miami, hence he did not "defraud" or deprive Miami of his honest services (elements of one of the charges) nor was he an ineligible player who could lead to the team vacating wins. You can accuse me of wearing orange and green glasses but I just don't see that leading to an actual indictment. If I was Miami, I'd tell Emmert to prove it, which I seriously doubt the NCAA is capable of (nor do I see the FBI turning its case file over to the bumbling fools at the NCAA since the ncaa is likely to do something stupid that will get the cases thrown out of court)

Advertisement

Have to imagine if the fbi is starting to get involved in these type of matters it will have some type of impact on curtailing dirty recruiting that is running rampant at certain schools because coaches would be afraid to indulge in those acts due to possible jail time. Interesting for sure

It's even beyond the schools. NCAA employees will be interviewed and have the choice between honesty or jail time. The illusion of amateurism is about to be taken from the NCAA and change will be forced. Who knows what this will mean for the future of college athletics

This sucks. We're so low on the totem pole of cheating in all sports. If the FBI really wants to clean this up go after Duke, UNC, Kentucky, UL and in football go after bama, LSU, Penn St, Ole Miss, Ohio St.

all those schools have turned paying for players into an art.

Why would dUKe, UK, and UNC have to pay players? As I keep saying, you need to be suspicious if a top basketball recruit does not choose one of those schools. What is the school he chooses doing "Paying" him to get him away from those schools?

Because other schools are paying them, dumb ***. If a top recruit can get paid $100-200k go to go X school, and thinks he's going to be a one and done anyway, why does he care about going to UK or Duke?

Name calling is sooo mature. Would you rather go to a school has best coaching, best facilities, best fans, etc. or a school that does not? A school that does not would be the choice if one was getting paid. Why don't you give Coach K, Coach Cal, and Ole Roy some credit. They are really good coaches. Glad I have thick skin to be a female (or male for that matter) on this board. Yes, I was born and raised in KY. Moved to FL 1989, love Canes and love Cats, been on this board since 2011. Trying to implicate Coach Cal to make yourself feel better? UK, dUKe, Kansas, UNC, don't need to pay players to attend. Players attend these schools because of great coaching, support, and preparation to NBA. And as Coach Richt and Miami, any player that plays at UK has a lifetime to complete his college degree, tuition free. Many have completed while playing in NBA, many have returned after playing in NBA. Go watch John Wall's video of him being inducted into Kentucky hall of fame, which took place last Friday night. He loves UK. It may turn out that KY is involved in a nike scandal, but I highly doubt it.

LOL did not read.

Why would dUKe, UK, and UNC have to pay players? As I keep saying, you need to be suspicious if a top basketball recruit does not choose one of those schools. What is the school he chooses doing "Paying" him to get him away from those schools?

Because other schools are paying them, dumb ***. If a top recruit can get paid $100-200k go to go X school, and thinks he's going to be a one and done anyway, why does he care about going to UK or Duke?

Name calling is sooo mature. Would you rather go to a school has best coaching, best facilities, best fans, etc. or a school that does not? A school that does not would be the choice if one was getting paid. Why don't you give Coach K, Coach Cal, and Ole Roy some credit. They are really good coaches. Glad I have thick skin to be a female (or male for that matter) on this board. Yes, I was born and raised in KY. Moved to FL 1989, love Canes and love Cats, been on this board since 2011. Trying to implicate Coach Cal to make yourself feel better? UK, dUKe, Kansas, UNC, don't need to pay players to attend. Players attend these schools because of great coaching, support, and preparation to NBA. And as Coach Richt and Miami, any player that plays at UK has a lifetime to complete his college degree, tuition free. Many have completed while playing in NBA, many have returned after playing in NBA. Go watch John Wall's video of him being inducted into Kentucky hall of fame, which took place last Friday night. He loves UK. It may turn out that KY is involved in a nike scandal, but I highly doubt it.

I agree with this. I am also a UK bball fan, we would LOVE to see Duke of all schools go down for paying players. Same goes for Carolina and Kansas..but I honestly don't think they are involved in this. Their recruiting classes are only 4-5 players deep each year. Why pay for 1 guy when you can just go get another. Duke and Kentucky literally hand pick who they want. Look at Louis King who just committed to OR...top 20 kid who begged Cal for an offer at UK, but Cal didn't need him. He is one of OR highest recruits in a long long time and Cal had the luxury to turn him down. I guess it just doesn't make sense once you get to the top to risk it all on a kid, when you can just go get another one almost if not just as good. I think Cal obviously did some shady stuff at Umass and Memphis, but when he got to UK there was almost no reason to cheat. You have everything you need. unfortunately same with coach k and bill self. Bill Self, Coach K and Cal recruit against each other only, no one else is taking their kids away....and like that poster said...the few times those 3 "miss" on a kid...you have to ask yourself why. Brian Bowen was the 13th ranked player in the country......go look at his offers...you'll notice for some odd reason 2 schools never offered him. UK and Duke. How many times do you think neither of those schools offered a top 13 player. Mitchell Robinson the shady kid who committed to Western Kentucky who was team Adidas and walked out on the school when they signed Nike, he was the 9th ranked player in the country, check out his offers......you could tell right away something was up with that kid. IMO UK and Duke stay away when they know a bidding war is going on, its not worth it when you can just pick the next best guy.

I could be dead wrong and Cal could be paying everyone like ppl think..Just doesn't seem necessary at that level.

A UK Bbal fan and Miami football fan. Lmao.

Yeah, UK was just killing recruiting before Coach Cal got there. UK was getting everyone!

Advertisement
My worry level on a scale of 1-10 is a 3. At least from what has been made public, I don't see anything sticking to the school itself. At worst, the assistant allegedly involved gets canned (but school has to be careful, if there really is nothing, he can sue for wrongful termination). I think this can actually help Miami- if the schools like LSU and Alabama, which are notorious for having boosters who hire a recruit's parents 2nd cousin to 6 figure jobs as a secretary (whose generosity of the max non IRS reportable gift of 24k back to the parents is strictly filial and beyond reproach) have to start worrying about the FBI, then I feel that greatly benefits the programs without bagmen.

I find it weird that I can't find a single photo anywhere of the scumbag financial advisor in Pittsburgh (Louis Martin "Marty" Blazer III) that started this entire deal rolling with the FBI. I wonder if he's in some sort of protective custody now? He apparently defrauded a bunch of Pitt athletes in the past too (Dejuan Blair, Kevan Barlow, etc). This was the photo of the #2 guy at his firm. I **** you not. Maybe some red flags should go off if you're investing money at a place where the official photo of the VP is in the personal finance section.......of a Borders bookstore.

View attachment 50494

Please link where you got that picture from. Thanks.

Man, you all are upset when we're not dropping bags like Alabama for football, and now we are, and you're upset? We're playing Chutes and Ladders, not Checkers, here ****ers.

Wait , a UK fan saying Duke cheats but Kentucky don't ? Lmao.

Am i in the matrix ?

UK is and always will be the dirtiest or one of the dirtiest programs going. Which shouldn't shock anyone.

Advertisement
Back