CFB OT: Colorado v Nebraska

Advertisement
Advertisement
As bad as TCU and Nebraska might be, Colorado still knocked off two P5 teams to start the season. Good job on Sanders for not blowing his coordinator hires in his first season.
they absolutely blew the DC hire. FSU fans were ready to light Kelly's house on fire by the time he left. Bama fans hated him too.

Sean Lewis is going to be a P5 HC next season though, bank on that.

Maybe BC on a 5 year 25 million dollar deal?

why all the dudes who said the Deion was a joke disappear?

He still sucks. They beat a highly overrated TCU team that has seriously no clue that you play offense AND defense. And Nebraska is god awful. Both TCU and Nebraska gift wrapped the games for the fighting Deions. They will finish with at least 6 losses.

I don't know who said he was a joke. His continued schtick as a HC gives him zero margin for grace though. He's acting like a young Lane Kiffin minus several toes and not drinking or slammimg drugs. His sharp elbowed interactions are unnecessary. 99.999% of people have zero agenda about his success or failure at CU (or anywhere) just like they have for any other corch at any other program anywhere else. Also, here's a newsflash for the cheap seats...nobody, and I mean nobody, within a 50 mile radius of CU campus had ever heard of or ever seen a rerun of The Jeffersons going back 3 generations. It's such a tiring part of the press conference...c'mon now.

I believe Prime deeply cares about players...sorta....HIS guys....not others. Like it or not, he's fully broken (it was already cracked) the seal of the NFL apocalypse with his roster overhaul tactic at Boulder. He threw away the athletes he inherited like trash....even MOCKED THEM in his first 60 seconds of meeting them. Nice move Prime. Harsh if you are them or their parents right? Easy to laugh and be snarky about it on a message board though. Funny, Corch Tucker did a Prime-Lite overhaul at Meesheeghan State a few years prior (while jerking off on telephone) and nobody pearl clutched....weird right?

Deion knows what it takes to win, and by that I mean become a starter, make plays, and get selected for NFL draft, make a roster, keep your slot, and make NFL contract dollars. That's as much (more really) what he is selling to these athletes as the final tally on the scoreboard when the game is over. He is a charismatic and powerful salesman and I would put him on par with our own head recruiter that our Canes have in Coral Gables. CU won't keep him long-term in Boulder (he's mid 50s so his window is closing quickly) and some SEC State program is going to pass a new tax law to pay for his contract to bring him to that school.

Anywhowho, Prime has remade the Buffs for sure. He beat a paper tiger TCU and that is very commendable...huge kudos. He was supposed to beat Nebraska. **** sake, Stranahan would beat Nebraska, let's move on. CU will be 3-0 headed to Oregon where they will likely get, very likely be brought back to Earth by a 21+ point beating. The presser could get ugly. What receipts is he going to bring then?

Last edited:
Advertisement
How did Deion end up at FSU? I recall he was a QB at North Ft Myers HS; and wasn't going to play QB in college. Did he get a look from UM? Doesn't sound like it from the article below.

Here's a newspaper account which makes a big deal about him wanting to play close to home so his moms could see him play (last I looked Ft Myers is alot close to Coral Gables than Tally is):

"Behind the scenes, the Seminoles coaching staff was clamoring to have Sanders sign with them. In the pre-Internet era, football recruiting relied on word-of-mouth. The Seminoles learned of Sanders through Fort Myers resident and FSU booster Walter Grace, who first noticed Sanders as a 9-year-old Pop Warner football player.

Until 1986, the NCAA allowed alumni to recruit, and Grace did exactly that with Sanders.

"I knew all the coaches at North Fort Myers, and they were all good friends of mine," said Grace, now 71 and still living in Fort Myers. "It was the easiest recruiting job I ever had, because there really wasn't much competition. After Deion took off, that turned things around for Southwest Florida and recruiting."

How did Deion end up at FSU? I recall he was a QB at North Ft Myers HS; and wasn't going to play QB in college. Did he get a look from UM? Doesn't sound like it from the article below.

Here's a newspaper account which makes a big deal about him wanting to play close to home so his moms could see him play (last I looked Ft Myers is alot close to Coral Gables than Tally is):

"Behind the scenes, the Seminoles coaching staff was clamoring to have Sanders sign with them. In the pre-Internet era, football recruiting relied on word-of-mouth. The Seminoles learned of Sanders through Fort Myers resident and FSU booster Walter Grace, who first noticed Sanders as a 9-year-old Pop Warner football player.

Until 1986, the NCAA allowed alumni to recruit, and Grace did exactly that with Sanders.

"I knew all the coaches at North Fort Myers, and they were all good friends of mine," said Grace, now 71 and still living in Fort Myers. "It was the easiest recruiting job I ever had, because there really wasn't much competition. After Deion took off, that turned things around for Southwest Florida and recruiting."
I played for the exact same coaches that Deion played for in HS....From the late HC Ron Hoover, to Coach Hildebrand, and Coach Gorton....Deion was good in HS....but not Jammi German good.

I played for the exact same coaches that Deion played for in HS....From the late HC Ron Hoover, to Coach Hildebrand, and Coach Gorton....Deion was good in HS....but not Jammi German good.
Deon better hope his kids like to tackle better than he did. He had a season where he didnt make a tackle for the cowboys.
Ronnie Lott had his finger amputated at halftime of a game. give me that guy.

Advertisement
He still sucks. They beat a highly overrated TCU team that has seriously no clue that you play offense AND defense. And Nebraska is god awful. Both TCU and Nebraska gift wrapped the games for the fighting Deions. They will finish with at least 6 losses.
6 loses? is was 9+ just earlier this year.

IMG_6318.jpeg

Because they are cowards.

I hope that all of the dopes that slapped SUBMIT on those Under 4 wins wagers were just bloviating, otherwise, its going to be a light Christmas for the kids.

The only time Deion Sanders is a loser is when he's on the other side of this U. Otherwise, he's been a winner in life. To think this stint in Colorado would be any different is just being mad for no reason at all. Even Deion ***** on the noles. But what is going on in Boulder makes college football better.

...And after last night, what is going on in Coral Gables makes college football better. As much as we hate the noles, Miami versus Florida State is the main event program the conference has wanted for 20 years. Its good for everybody. Even if its counter to our instincts to want all our enemies dead and embarrassed at all times...but I want Miami to ruin their ******* season TWICE. Then I want to see Deion in the CFP and beat his *** again.

Interesting! Deion himself has said, if there was a star rating system back then, he'd have been a 3 star.

What's your take on why Jammi never achieved the success in college predicted for him? Wasn't he considered the #1 offensive player in the nation by some recruiting gurus coming out of HS in -- what was it - 1992? (Of course, I know for sure Kyle Wright had that #1 offensive player recruiting tag, and we all know what didn't happen there in terms of lack of success.)

Advertisement
Interesting! Deion himself has said, if there was a star rating system back then, he'd have been a 3 star.

What's your take on why Jammi never achieved the success in college predicted for him? Wasn't he considered the #1 offensive player in the nation by some recruiting gurus coming out of HS in -- what was it - 1992? (Of course, I know for sure Kyle Wright had that #1 offensive player recruiting tag, and we all know what didn't happen there in terms of lack of success.)
Jammi was the #1 player regardless of position....he wasn't #1 because of Offense...he was #1 because of Defense (DB)
Injuries hampered him...and then the Limo fiasco. That entire NFM Coaching Staff was Noles...except Gorton who played at Cincinnati.

Advertisement
Back