CFB OT: Colorado v Nebraska

Advertisement
Nebraska has been trash for years and Sims would flash here and there but played like hot garbage for years at GT. None of this should be a surprise

Advertisement
Advertisement
Short-sighted but ok.
Short sighted how? It's a great short term strategy, but if you are trying to build for the long term, it's very iffy. If you are a Deion Sanders, who wants to win quickly and GTFO as soon as someone, anyone worth a crap comes calling, it's great. If you aren't a celebrity coach, if you know that long term stability is really the only way you can win at a place(Like Nebraska), then it isn't nearly as attractive. Nebraska needs to develop as a consistent program that has a defined program ethos. Rhule isn't some charismatic celebrity coach.

Advertisement
****!
Was hoping Colorado would lose this game, so the Deion suck fest by the media and this board would stop.
Guess, that is going to have to wait.
I do have to admit, I am surprised by Colorado’s improved play though. I didn’t think they would be nearly as good as they are and I didn’t think Deion ( which I can’t stand ), would be able to coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Hate to admit it but he’s done a good job.

And whoever said it earlier - i agree that Gus style is too much week in, week out. Save him for the big games and put him on the highlights show.

Advertisement
Tell me you know nothing, without telling me. Rhule was a bust in the NFL, but he knows what he is doing on the collegiate level. He wasn't going to fix decades of neglect in one off season, especially seeing that he is going for the slow but steady rebuild, compared to the flashy, but unsustainable "Get everyone you can in one offseason" strategy. What's funny is that Nebraska with a competent QB is likely in this game, if not leading outright. Their D has played well, and their linemen have been dynamite on both sides of the ball. You are seeing the issues that most likely will affect CU when they face talented teams: You can't build exclusively around skill position guys. CU has mediocre AT BEST offensive and defensive linemen. There's a reason why.

Teams that tend to be attractive to the trench bullies are those that are well managed, consistent programs. Elite OL and DL are by nature grinders, guys that eschew the limelight. Flash is great when you are a DB, WR, QB or RB, but it doesn't really fly when it comes to OL. It's amazing how Mario, who isn't a flashy guy, relates incredibly well to linemen. Some of that comes from him playing the position, but some of that also comes from him being of a similar personality type.
Colorado isn’t good either. I’m not giving brownie points for staying in the game against a bad team.

Rhule will do what he always does. Build an average team and fill his schedule with cupcakes and leave for another job as soon as he has a little bit of success.

Rhule on the sidelines with his chest pumped out now..” see I know what I’m doing”
Star Wars Writing GIF by BuzzFeed

Advertisement
Back