OT: College Cheating Scandal - Pay to Play?

Nothing is more idiotic in America right now is the stupid Left vs Right/Conservative vs Liberal divisions.

What makes someone fit into either category?

Im against *** Marriage but for Abortion so where does that put me?

Attachments

• KITTEN.gif
    KITTEN.gif
    823.1 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement
Nothing is more idiotic in America right now is the stupid Left vs Right/Conservative vs Liberal divisions.

In the self hating baby killer category

Federal funds for private institutions is often (or always) tied to conditions. I'll wager federal funds cannot be used for research using embryonic stem cells. Funds may be contingent on Title IX compliance. President Trump tweeted he was going to sign an EO to withhold federal funding from universities preventing conservative/right-wing public speakers (or not preventing protesters trying to shut them down).

The defendants in the college admissions scandal committed serious crimes. Tax fraud, among them.

I am not a lawyer, but I cannot see how a private institution accepting a student blatantly based on a family donation. These admissions have probably been occurring since the first private institution. What law is broken?

How can you possibly be against *** marriage.

Advertisement

I'll one up you, I am FOR abortion, so in the near future, when parents can find out the sexual orientation of their fetuses, they can abort the ones they dont want..........

Private acedemic institutions can do just about anything they want:

-UM has a endowment in excess of a billion dollars but their “presidential scholarship” only covers 28% of the COA, and the business school is straight out of 1960

-in the latest series of title 9 sexual assault cases the precedent has been laid that at a private school College men don’t have the right to representation or a fair trial before their expulsion

-Institutions encourage 18 year old students to pursue degrees their own professors define as “unemployable” yet have no duty of fiduciary responsibility when said students can’t pay off the 200k$+ in student loans it took to get such degrees

Private schools are as stated: Private. They can do whatever the **** they want as long as it doesn’t cross Brown V. Board

-Institutions encourage 18 year old students to pursue degrees their own professors define as “unemployable” yet have no duty of fiduciary responsibility when said students can’t pay off the 200k$+ in student loans it took to get such degrees

So your generation isn't doing any groundwork to see if a degree will help you land a job before taking out $200,000 in loans?

Advertisement
That being said, isn't Miami a private university and thus can determine what criteria to use when deciding to admit a student?

go CANES!!

Well, USC is also a private institution and they are currently in the news because of "Aunt Becky'" daughter.

Because spiritually its the devils work, its not the natural order of life

Two consenting adults who love each other and want to male a life together is the devil’s work but destroying a human being with a heart beat, brain and the ability to feel pain isn’t?

Ok.

Advertisement
So your generation isn't doing any groundwork to see if a degree will help you land a job before taking out $200,000 in loans?

If we’re going to get into generational debates, I think you have to consider that adjusted for CPI and inflation it wasn’t even possible to find an undergraduate education that cost 250k pre-1985. College education has been rising at rates disproportionate to its underlying cost/benefit for many years now, and when institutions that are supposed to be preparing you for the workforce are pushing “be what you want to be regardless of its employability” I’m of the opinion that’s preying upon the naivety of youth. It’s just wrong. In 1985, even if you totally screwed yourself and were a sculpture major with no hands, you’re at least still starting a new career with a small fraction of the indebtedness compared to students today. You can’t convince me that in your generation you had kids going Deloitte Consulting that were worried about student loans. We can have a debate of “back in my day” but the truth is when you’re picking a major at 17 years old, no, not a lot of kids are mature enough to take career earnings into account, and I feel it’s the duty of the institution to educate its students on what they don’t know. That’s kinda the point of college. You come as a child, and leave as an adult.

Try to find me a CLO willing to give a person under the age of 20 a loan for over a 100k with no proof, or even future prospects of income......but oh don’t worry it’s at a “federally subsidized rate” of 4-5%

Universities can and should be able to do what they want. They’re upset that others are trying to cut in on their deal. But someone laundering money through a fake charity for the purpose of helping kids fake their credentials is illegal in multiple respects.

For the most part, the university system is socialize with massive government support at state and federal levels. It is far and away the most political creature in the country besides the parties themselves. Miami and USC are private but still on the doll. These students and the universities themselves should be defendants in this also. I love the class action suits being brought against the big schools the last couple days. Those billions sitting in endowments are blood in the water for plaintiff shark attorneys. New cows to milk.

Advertisement
Two consenting adults who love each other and want to male a life together is the devil’s work but destroying a human being with a heart beat, brain and the ability to feel pain isn’t?

Ok.

How do you know an fetus can feel pain?

And because some of us do live past our physical being and have an understanding about the Spiritual world.

this is bigger then anyone thought. Law Enforcement will put the squeeze on these happy, go lucky families. they are going too sing like canaries. this will last for a long, long time. its going to be the biggest show for this summer. im sure that most of these clowns never seen a county jail or prison.

That is horse****, imo. The govt regulates, subsidizes and makes it effectively impossible not to w8 d up ‘taking’ their money. Do student loans count? Why is that the college ‘taking’ the money? And if it is, why is it the non-dischargeable debt of the student in a bankruptcy?

The government is not some benign force for happy goodness. It forcibly takes money, regulates to the point where institutions can hardly exist without its subsidies, threatens institutions with litigation if thy dont do what it wants (see, e.g., Obama’s ‘dear friend’ letter to universities), then turns around and says ‘aha, you took money, you must become our subjects.’ It’s all wrong, and compounded by the governments outright refusal to enforce basic constotutional prohibitions on discrimination ahen it likes the types of discrimination going on.

As for your question, it’s bizarre. The govt already takes sides and gives to institutions that discriminate, and no one seems to care. It funds planned parenthood, which slaughters millions of minority babies each year. It subsidizes innumerable schools that outright discriminate against Asians, and no ine cares. Your examples are not different from what the govt already does.

That was a lot, I don't even know where to begin. I guess with the fact that absolutely nobody thinks the government is a benign force for goodness and light. Some people think it's necessary, so do not. I wonder how those that do not think roads that stretch from sea to sea will get built, but whatever. Point is, nobody loves the government.

Colleges are making money hand over fist, so spare me the bit about "regulation" making them take government money. They take that because it's free money, and who wouldn't take free money?

How about you name some specific times the government has taken sides with organizations that discriminate? Kinda hard to rebut that one.

Planned Parenthood? You couldn't pay me enough to touch that one.

When the government gives money they say you can't not let women or black people or Jews into your school because they're women or black or ******. They don't have to admit anybody in particular, they just can't keep them out because of their race. If your point is that schools tend to let in more men or whites or christians than black or Jews, ok. There's nothing wrong with that on the surface. Maybe the admissions staff unconsciously just identifies with white people more. The problem becomes proving they did it because of race/religion/***.

Advertisement
Back