Votes: 11 4.3%
  • No, it’s Cookie Doja

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • No, it’s something else entirely

Votes: 72 28.1%
  • No, it’s the anti-chocolate: Vanilla

Votes: 33 12.9%

• Total voters
I knew Ralph well even though I haven’t seen him in many years.He played with my brother coming up.I was a few years ahead of them.I played on the ‘69 state championship team and we beat Kathleen in Lakeland for the championship and then beat their asses again that night when they thought they’d come to the hotel talking sHT.
We beat Bucky Dent and his Hialeah team twice that year to win what was then the “ Gold Coast Conference” I think.

Randy Sterling who was the number 1 draft pick for the Mets that year was our main pitcher even though we had a couple other pretty good arms on that team.When he pitched we pretty much stood around waiting for our turn to bat cause he didn’t give up very much when he pitched.

I’m not sure Belen was around then but I may be mistaken.Pace and Columbus were the schools we were always battling with.At one time,not sure if stil tru,Key West had more State Championships In baseball than any HS in Fla.

Advertisement
I knew Ralph well even though I haven’t seen him in many years.He played with my brother coming up.I was a few years ahead of them.I played on the ‘69 state championship team and we beat Kathleen in Lakeland for the championship and then beat their asses again that night when they thought they’d come to the hotel talking sHT.
We beat Bucky Dent and his Hialeah team twice that year to win what was then the “ Gold Coast Conference” I think.

Randy Sterling who was the number 1 draft pick for the Mets that year was our main pitcher even though we had a couple other pretty good arms on that team.When he pitched we pretty much stood around waiting for our turn to bat cause he didn’t give up very much when he pitched.

I’m not sure Belen was around then but I may be mistaken.Pace and Columbus were the schools we were always battling with.At one time,not sure if stil tru,Key West had more State Championships In baseball than any HS in Fla.
@armandose23

Advertisement

Love hearing all these baseball stories (I know its a football thread). Beat their *** twice like the CANES did to the sorry A$$ gators before the '01 Sugar Bowl.

It was a strange situation that year because he happened to be upset he didn't get the AD position at KW so we had a coaching vacancy and he came and filled that. It was my senior year. Key West was always a love/hate relationship for me. We never lost down there in my time but it was always a fight. By far the toughest and most hostile place to play I think. You guys had a name for the right field line where all the guys used to park their trucks in reverse and sit in the beds with a cooler full of beers and talk sht to the opposing team lmfao?

I remember going down there for our game and we got down there early and went to eat at the Rusty Anchor as a team before the game. Needless to say we didn't get the best welcome walking in to the restaurant until Ralph walked in and all the locals knew him of course. The local paper was writing about his return down there and everything. I've never been to another HS baseball game with that many people at it. Other than Belen vs Columbus which was played in the inaugural year of the new Marlin's stadium but it feels different when its at a HS venue.

Belen was established in Miami in 1961 so it was around but sports weren't at a competitive level yet. And you are still right, KW has 11 State titles in baseball, the most in Florida. I put a link here.

We may very well be on the cusp of seeing banner planes flying demanding that 'Coffee Ice Cream' be abolished.

Worse yet, those who are defending 'Coffee Ice Cream' are flying close to the sun and run the real risk of being banned from this message board...for a week.

We both know that being positive about anything is considered a mortal sin with this crowd (notice I did not invoke Herd or Mob) and should you audaciously persist in doing so you could soon be excommunicated.

Please know that I firmly support your efforts, but if this gets ugly...I don't know you!

We may very well be on the cusp of seeing banner planes flying demanding that 'Coffee Ice Cream' be abolished.

Worse yet, those who are defending 'Coffee Ice Cream' are flying close to the sun and run the real risk of being banned from this message board...for a week.

We both know that being positive about anything is considered a mortal sin with this crowd (notice I did not invoke Herd or Mob) and should you audaciously persist in doing so you could soon be excommunicated.

Please know that I firmly support your efforts, but if this gets ugly...I don't know you!

I dont think coffee ice cream is anywhere remotely close to being that important to neither the mods here, nor the fanbase.

Advertisement
I dont think coffee ice cream is anywhere remotely close to being that important to neither the mods here, nor the fanbase.
Okay, but what if it was Rocky Road Ice Cream?

I think you are greatly underestimating the fiery passion many members and managers of this esteemed message board hold for ice cream.

👇 "Down vote" for old times sake.

Vanilla ice cream is hands down the most versatile flavor... pistachio ice cream and pie svcks.

Back in high school days when calories and carbs were never an issue with this being said, Farm stores gallon vanilla ice cream (paper large container) with Hershey chocolate in those small can you open can opener, all purchased at the drive thru:)

GOCANES

Advertisement
Love hearing all these baseball stories (I know its a football thread). Beat their *** twice like the CANES did to the sorry A$$ gators before the '01 Sugar Bowl.

It was a strange situation that year because he happened to be upset he didn't get the AD position at KW so we had a coaching vacancy and he came and filled that. It was my senior year. Key West was always a love/hate relationship for me. We never lost down there in my time but it was always a fight. By far the toughest and most hostile place to play I think. You guys had a name for the right field line where all the guys used to park their trucks in reverse and sit in the beds with a cooler full of beers and talk sht to the opposing team lmfao?

I remember going down there for our game and we got down there early and went to eat at the Rusty Anchor as a team before the game. Needless to say we didn't get the best welcome walking in to the restaurant until Ralph walked in and all the locals knew him of course. The local paper was writing about his return down there and everything. I've never been to another HS baseball game with that many people at it. Other than Belen vs Columbus which was played in the inaugural year of the new Marlin's stadium but it feels different when its at a HS venue.

Belen was established in Miami in 1961 so it was around but sports weren't at a competitive level yet. And you are still right, KW has 11 State titles in baseball, the most in Florida. I put a link here.

Thanks for the link.i grew up down the street from Boog Powell and Carl Taylor.

A group of us won state championships in Little League,Pony League,Prep League and High School.There were a lot of good players that came out of KW but the core I grew up with led by Randy Sterling didn’t lose very much.

Appreciate you bringing back some great memories.

I am a sucker for anything with peanut butter. If it's got chocolate and peanut butter, even better. There's a gelato place by me in Hollywood that's always got the goods.

As for vanilla, it's the best choice if you're dousing it in toppings or getting a blizzard-type conglomeration. Otherwise, just a cup with plain vanilla is pretty much a waste. If I'm going to eat that much sugar, at least make it good.

Back in high school days when calories and carbs were never an issue with this being said, Farm stores gallon vanilla ice cream (paper large container) with Hershey chocolate in those small can you open can opener, all purchased at the drive thru:)

GOCANES
As a kid we lived in the area of Seven Seas restaurant and Duffy's Tavern on Red Rd., between those was a Farm Store and in the 60's my mom would send me to FS on my bike (with a nice size front metal basket) and pick up a gal. of milk, eggs, ice cream and the Sunday newspaper... and in the winter you had to pick up eggnog too.

Advertisement
Thanks for the link.i grew up down the street from Boog Powell and Carl Taylor.

A group of us won state championships in Little League,Pony League,Prep League and High School.There were a lot of good players that came out of KW but the core I grew up with led by Randy Sterling didn’t lose very much.

Appreciate you bringing back some great memories.

Absolutely. Thanks for the same. Seems like it was yesterday and it’s been about 10 years for me. Glad to share some stories with you.

12 o’clock high noon homeboy 🤣 we goong at it like JCVD in blood sport
ZZ0D1AE79B.jpg

If I already didn’t have years of friendship with Indy I’d call him a pretentious douche nozzle for this thread , and talking up coffee ice cream.

But since we’re friends I’ll just say nothing.

In the words of my granny “ bless his heart”.

Chocolate chip cookie dough. Either that or Reesee’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream is tha bomb.

Advertisement
Back