OT- Coach O Getting Divorced Unfortunately

My dim memory recalls that this wife of 23 years is not the same wife he had during his time in Miami. That marriage ended badly as well with some restrictions on Ed’s (allegedly abusive] behavior. Isn’t that the marital/legal problem that led to E’s departure from the Canes?

Cane historians jump in!
They were both married before with children from her prior marriage.

Advertisement
Men with means never understand simple rules. I say never get married at all, but if you must marry, never, ever marry a poor woman. You should never even date a broke woman unless she’s a play thing for a couple weeks. Always date “up” or your economic equal.

Namely, if you’re making $300K+ you should never ever marry a woman making $50K or not even $90K. If you do, you’d be giving her a lifestyle she’s otherwise never be able to afford.

And It’s a fools errand because she’ll be living your lifestyle and not hers, and when the divorce happens you’ll need to pay her so she can maintain it. No, if you’re making $300K+ it’s better to have the woman you marry making $225K+.

Men sucker themselves into marrying poor women with nonsense like “she’s hot”, she’s funny or she’s really cool AND likes sports, etc and then mortgage their economic future on that kind of nonsense

Brotha; words could never be more true

This is actually a dangerous sign for other college football teams. Now, he can devote his time to football 24/7 without worrying about spending time with his wife. I have never seen someone who loved football more than coach O. And now he gets to invest more time with it.

hes not THAT good of a coach. lol

He isnt some offensive or defensive wizard. He's a guy that can recruit and get dirty in recruiting. Got saved by finally employing an offense in to the 20th century. LSU defense has been able for years...there offense has been a joke even with guys like Landry, OBJ, Fournette running around in it.

ED Orgeron aint Urban Meyer , Nick Saban...**** he isnt Jimbo Fisher.

This opens up a whole new can of worms. Do you make her sign a prenup?

He isnt some offensive or defensive wizard. He's a guy that can recruit and get dirty in recruiting. Got saved by finally employing an offense in to the 20th century. LSU defense has been able for years...there offense has been a joke even with guys like Landry, OBJ, Fournette running around in it.

How can you say he is not a good coach? First off, he has a great relationship with his team. His players absolute love him. Secondly, he brought LSU over the hump and won them a championship. He turned around that offensive. They went from and below average offense to the best offense in the entire country last year. He is also one of the best recruiters in the country.

Advertisement

I can support this. The toughest decision he had to make all year was which quarter to pull his starters. Cant think of one critical moment they had all season.

I can support this. The toughest decision he had to make all year was which quarter to pull his starters. Cant think of one critical moment they had all season.
On defense, he was playing with backups up until the SEC championship game

Men with means never understand simple rules. I say never get married at all, but if you must marry, never, ever marry a poor woman. You should never even date a broke woman unless she’s a play thing for a couple weeks. Always date “up” or your economic equal.

Namely, if you’re making $300K+ you should never ever marry a woman making $50K or not even $90K. If you do, you’d be giving her a lifestyle she’s otherwise never be able to afford.

And It’s a fools errand because she’ll be living your lifestyle and not hers, and when the divorce happens you’ll need to pay her so she can maintain it. No, if you’re making $300K+ it’s better to have the woman you marry making $225K+.

Men sucker themselves into marrying poor women with nonsense like “she’s hot”, she’s funny or she’s really cool AND likes sports, etc and then mortgage their economic future on that kind of nonsense

I am calling uber bullcrap on this one my Cane Brethren. There is this wonderful thing called a punani prenuptial they are wonderful. I found this after my first divorce which was tu'rrible and my judge was a gator an let it be known, needless to say I lost everything but my boxers. My exwife is a teacher and I paid more in taxes then she made in salary. But good lord she had a snapper, that could make you forget your name and hers too.

Go Canes

Advertisement

Spot on.

Bless his heart, he’s not winning any spelling contests (vs third graders)

In my opinion he’s a good for one season rah rah type of coach, I think he’s going to be revealed and revert back to his very average mean very soon.

There’s a reason he’s basically failed in every other head-coaching job he had before this.

He’s Larry Coker, just way dumber, and with marbles in his mouth

Because the way the divorce system works in this country, it’s very sexist… against men.

It’s all, “we are equal, we can do anything a man can do, we want everything exactly the same”, until it’s divorce time, then all of a sudden they’re the weaker ***.

Advertisement
My dim memory recalls that this wife of 23 years is not the same wife he had during his time in Miami. That marriage ended badly as well with some restrictions on Ed’s (allegedly abusive] behavior. Isn’t that the marital/legal problem that led to E’s departure from the Canes?

Cane historians jump in!
He was in Miami 1988 until 1992, so no, different wife

How can you say he is not a good coach? First off, he has a great relationship with his team. His players absolute love him. Secondly, he brought LSU over the hump and won them a championship. He turned around that offensive. They went from and below average offense to the best offense in the entire country last year. He is also one of the best recruiters in the country.

And your original point is still dumb.
Like he is going to be better at any of the things you listed that makes him a good coach because he is now divorced.

Advertisement
And your original point is still dumb.
Like he is going to be better at any of the things you listed that makes him a good coach because he is now divorced.
I was kinda making a joke. All I said was he is going to devote all his time to time to football know that he is divorced. If you knew who Coach O was, you would know he a football junkie. He lives and breathes football. I have never seen someone who loves football more than him.

This is actually a dangerous sign for other college football teams. Now, he can devote his time to football 24/7 without worrying about spending time with his wife. I have never seen someone who loved football more than coach O. And now he gets to invest more time with it.
@RVACane I thought this hobo was getting the thumb to get the **** out of here

she's pretty screwable
Ed-Orgeron-wife-Kelly-Orgeron-pics.jpg

He hired Joe Brady and company...he literally wouldve been fired if it wasnt for the school being cash strapped a year before. He didnt turn around sh*t...like i said..they finally brought the offense into the 20th century..They have been stocked to the gills with offensive AND DEFENSIVE talent for yearssss on top of years.

He can recruit...i stated that...He is willing to get dirty in recruiting (thats a fact)...That offense honestly maybe a flash in the pan...we will see the regression right away this season. Like i said he isnt in the same stratosphere as the Urban Meyer's, Nick Sabans, Jimbo Fishers of the world. He really doesnt have anything to hang his hat on other than recruiting (and his good recruiting is centralized in the south)

Advertisement
Back