OT - CFP Hypothetical

Advertisement
I don’t get how you punish Texas for playing an OOC game on the road with a top 5 team, win convincingly, then put that same team over them if they both win today. At least greater parity is coming at the right time with a 12 team playoff next year regardless of how you feel about it

I don’t get how you punish Texas for playing an OOC game on the road with a top 5 team, win convincingly, then put that same team over them if they both win today. At least greater parity is coming at the right time with a 12 team playoff next year regardless of how you feel about it
This is why I think Texas and Bama are a package deal. You can't put Bama in without Texas. The committee would have an easier time justifying fsu being left out because of Travis.

At the same time, fsu needs to win and hope Georgia smashes bama because it lowers the optics of Texas beating a great Bama team. If Georgia wins comfortably and fsu wins, I feel fsu gets in over Texas

Georgia or Bama
Michigan (if they win, which they should)
Washington

4th spot is FSU if they win, if they lose and Texas wins then IMO it’s Texas especially if Bama beats UGA

If FSU and Texas lose and Bama wins, prob both Bama and UGA get in. Or maybe even Ohio State

Advertisement
If Texas wins convincingly today and FSU loses it has to be Texas in the 4th spot

If Texas and Bama win, it would be pretty bad for Bama to get in over Texas. I suppose that hoever Texas lost to though could be seen as worse than who Bama lost to… which is Texas. 🤣

Watched Texas’ game earlier and IMO they’re one of the four best teams and deserve to be in the playoff. Sark is an outstanding play caller but I think the biggest difference in Texas this year is they’re no longer soft like they used to be. They’ve really beefed up their trenches. Even if FSU wins I would put Texas in over them.

Advertisement
Watched Texas’ game earlier and IMO they’re one of the four best teams and deserve to be in the playoff. Sark is an outstanding play caller but I think the biggest difference in Texas this year is they’re no longer soft like they used to be. They’ve really beefed up their trenches. Even if FSU wins I would put Texas in over them.
As much as I dislike FSU it would be hard to justify leaving out a 13-0 undefeated P5 conference champion who kept winning despite losing both their starting AND backup QBs.

gonna be a **** show if bama wins

leaving out an undefeated power 5 champ is wild, but Washington and Michigan are in and Texas owns the tiebreaker on bama...I seriously doubt they'll leave the SEC out entirely

gonna be nuts

gonna be a **** show if bama wins

leaving out an undefeated power 5 champ is wild, but Washington and Michigan are in and Texas owns the tiebreaker on bama...I seriously doubt they'll leave the SEC out entirely

gonna be nuts
Yep. But I think FSU loses, especially if they are down to their 3rd string QB.

Advertisement
Yep. But I think FSU loses, especially if they are down to their 3rd string QB.
agree, I think the committee gets bailed out when Louisville beats the noles

would then be

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Bama

and little to no legitimate complaint from anyone

Advertisement
seems likey FSU and Michigan both win tonight, so NOW you have FOUR from:
GA ALA FSU MICH TX WASH....

Lets see what your 4 are from that? (i say FSU ALA MICH WASH...... if TX over FSU ill ACCtualy be ****ed)

Advertisement
Back