OT/ CanesFam....dsddcane is doing Better...

Yeah, and that is the problem. You add "100% utilization without Covid around" to "Covid", and you have a very bad situation.

You're a good dude, and this is not personal, just be aware of why some people get sick of hearing MAGA talking points to "debunk" every problem. Take the environment and global climate change for example. "Oh, we've had periods of high temperature in the past". Yeah, but we didn't have a (relatively) rapid temperature change take place over a couple of decades, the temperature usually changed over hundreds of thousands of years.

The hospital-bed capacity IS an issue. We can debate the severity of the issue, but bed utilization is an important measure when people are still getting sick from a variety of other causes.
I see people panicking about bed utilization without having any idea what is considered normal. The only things I'll debunk are things I know are false.

People don't understand that only a percentage of ICU rooms can house a Covid patient. They don't understand that not every hospital room can house a Covid patient. They don't understand the plans that are in place for a surge. Yet they think they can offer an educated opinion that we should panic because an ICU only has 20% of their rooms available as if it's almost empty all the time.

Advertisement
Yeah, and that is the problem. You add "100% utilization without Covid around" to "Covid", and you have a very bad situation.

You're a good dude, and this is not personal, just be aware of why some people get sick of hearing MAGA talking points to "debunk" every problem. Take the environment and global climate change for example. "Oh, we've had periods of high temperature in the past". Yeah, but we didn't have a (relatively) rapid temperature change take place over a couple of decades, the temperature usually changed over hundreds of thousands of years.

The hospital-bed capacity IS an issue. We can debate the severity of the issue, but bed utilization is an important measure when people are still getting sick from a variety of other causes.
You're exactly right on the talking points and about JD being a good guy.

DeSantis is being accused of cooking numbers now and leaving important things out of his "statistics." It's pretty sad when we have no real idea who is actually telling the truth and what numbers we can trust.

DeSantis is being accused of cooking numbers now and leaving important things out of his "statistics." It's pretty sad when we have no real idea who is actually telling the truth and what numbers we can trust.
It's sad when people feel the need to hide information and put people at risk. I live in NYS and have never been a fan of Governor Cuomo but he has been cautious, and we seem to be heading in the right direction. It seems like many states could have taken tips from what he did and followed suit and they didn't and cases are skyrocketing.

But he's being accused by that fired DOH employee. I haven't heard a single hospital person questioning the DOH numbers and they are very quick to criticize. The Atlantic still rates their data quality as an A.

I can tell you we've seen an uptick in activity since yesterday. Not a lot, but an increase nonetheless.

If I ever hear anybody credible doubting the DOH figures, I'll gladly shout it from the rooftops. The most important aspect of BI is providing accurate numbers because if you don't, you can find yourself untrusted and out of work.

But he's being accused by that fired DOH employee. I haven't heard a single hospital person questioning the DOH numbers and they are very quick to criticize. The Atlantic still rates their data quality as an A.

I can tell you we've seen an uptick in activity since yesterday. Not a lot, but an increase nonetheless.

If I ever hear anybody credible doubting the DOH figures, I'll gladly shout it from the rooftops. The most important aspect of BI is providing accurate numbers because if you don't, you can find yourself untrusted and out of work.

Thanks for another well thought out answer.

I'm not a broad brush painter. For nearly 30 years as a professional, I've documented the first thing that people do when someone has some credible information that they don't want people to hear or fairly evaluate is to attempt to destroy that person on collateral issues (i.e., "she got fired, so everything she says is wrong!"; "He had cocaine in his system, so it's OK for the cops to kneel on his neck for an hour.").

Advertisement
Thanks for another well thought out answer.

I'm not a broad brush painter. For nearly 30 years as a professional, I've documented the first thing that people do when someone has some credible information that they don't want people to hear or fairly evaluate is to attempt to destroy that person on collateral issues (i.e., "she got fired, so everything she says is wrong!"; "He had cocaine in his system, so it's OK for the cops to kneel on his neck for an hour.").
True, but when I haven't heard anyone in the industry giving her claims the time of day, I'm confident that's the case. The only connection I had to the DOH is no longer there, but I'm sure he'd be alarmed if it was true.

I left my last employer because the new BI director who had no healthcare background kept pushing dashboards out that weren't 100% accurate. He'd say that 80% correct was good enough to give you an accurate trend. The reailty in healthcare is that 99% correct means you've still got 1% to fix. I found a new job. Accuracy matters.

Positive rates in certain parts of the county are easily around 50% or higher.
Not all admissions for covid are icu admissions. Even hypoxic patients can be monitored in step down units or on the floor. The time from admission to discharge has decreased and so has survival rates on the sickest individuals due to plasma and antiviral therapy. The intubation is still a last resort and death rates after that are pretty much only slightly improved.
Yes there are patients admitted for appendicitis, heart attacks and all other ailments that are testing positive before admission without covid symptoms but not many to say it’s a significant number.
Yes there are still people dying and they follow the same age groups as stated before.
Yes there a huge number of young people testing positive and are going home giving to mom and abuelito and still carrying on like they dgaf.
Advice: if your fat get on keto now and go walking 2 times a day in shorts with you shirt off, man ****ies be damned. Vitamin D is essential.
If you smoke cigarettes that’s on you.
If you don’t think this can get worse it absolutely can.
Just cause we can admit someone and discharge them quickly doesn’t mean we can do it for everyone if we start getting swamped and it’s getting almost there and if plasma and antivirals run out then we’re still better off than before but not by much.
My hope is this just reaches a peak and the country gets immunity. From an epidemiological standpoint this is fascinating to observe.
Other than that let’s hope it eventually goes away quick and not for football reasons.
Also, we don’t know the long term damage for patients who become hypoxic and require admissions. CT scans look like sht and potential long term lung complications are yet to be determined.
For all you morons listening to any social media postings either left right middle on top on the bottom that say this is just another flu..... 🖕

Positive rates in certain parts of the county are easily around 50% or higher.
Not all admissions for covid are icu admissions. Even hypoxic patients can be monitored in step down units or on the floor. The time from admission to discharge has decreased and so has survival rates on the sickest individuals due to plasma and antiviral therapy. The intubation is still a last resort and death rates after that are pretty much only slightly improved.
Yes there are patients admitted for appendicitis, heart attacks and all other ailments that are testing positive before admission without covid symptoms but not many to say it’s a significant number.
Yes there are still people dying and they follow the same age groups as stated before.
Yes there a huge number of young people testing positive and are going home giving to mom and abuelito and still carrying on like they dgaf.
Advice: if your fat get on keto now and go walking 2 times a day in shorts with you shirt off, man ****ies be damned. Vitamin D is essential.
If you smoke cigarettes that’s on you.
If you don’t think this can get worse it absolutely can.
Just cause we can admit someone and discharge them quickly doesn’t mean we can do it for everyone if we start getting swamped and it’s getting almost there and if plasma and antivirals run out then we’re still better off than before but not by much.
My hope is this just reaches a peak and the country gets immunity. From an epidemiological standpoint this is fascinating to observe.
Other than that let’s hope it eventually goes away quick and not for football reasons.
Also, we don’t know the long term damage for patients who become hypoxic and require admissions. CT scans look like sht and potential long term lung complications are yet to be determined.
For all you morons listening to any social media postings either left right middle on top on the bottom that say this is just another flu..... 🖕
Is it okay to partake in this after my evening Glass of Milk??...or Nah...that's on me??
104167303_1046300255764666_8342204477005625710_o.jpg

Advertisement
It's sad when people feel the need to hide information and put people at risk. I live in NYS and have never been a fan of Governor Cuomo but he has been cautious, and we seem to be heading in the right direction. It seems like many states could have taken tips from what he did and followed suit and they didn't and cases are skyrocketing.
That same governor didn’t have enough respirators for his state because he mishandled the funds for it and went on the news acting like it was everybody’s fault but his own. He’s done some stuff that was right but he’s also done stuff that’s been wrong just like DeSantis.

Yea, he’s not being honest at all. I personally believe the infection rates are higher than being reported.

Advertisement
This is sarcasm, right?

True, but when I haven't heard anyone in the industry giving her claims the time of day, I'm confident that's the case. The only connection I had to the DOH is no longer there, but I'm sure he'd be alarmed if it was true.

I left my last employer because the new BI director who had no healthcare background kept pushing dashboards out that weren't 100% accurate. He'd say that 80% correct was good enough to give you an accurate trend. The reality in healthcare is that 99% correct means you've still got 1% to fix. I found a new job. Accuracy matters.

She's gone on to make her own dashboard with publicly available data. I'm sure she'll be discredited for putting a "donate" button on the site but she clearly has put a lot of time and pride into her work. I think it's far more likely her superiors were influenced by Tallahassee than her being fired for cause.

Advertisement
The events at UNC and Ohio State were two bee expected. Young players gotta learn to follow the safety protocols they gonna kill the Fall season and a few staff members along the way..

She's gone on to make her own dashboard with publicly available data. I'm sure she'll be discredited for putting a "donate" button on the site but she clearly has put a lot of time and pride into her work. I think it's far more likely her superiors were influenced by Tallahassee than her being fired for cause.

Just like every person in jail will profess their innocence.

Just like every person in jail will profess their innocence.

Per state records she was fired for publicly speaking about the way public data was being manipulated and youre ok with that? Weird stance and tranparency pal. So far your best argument is that no one else at DOH has been willing to get fired during a depression for speaking truth. I guess thats enough for you lol.

Last edited:
Per state records she was fired for publicly speaking about the way public data was being manipulated and youre ok with that? Weird stance and tranparency pal.
If there was a problem, there's a method for reporting it. There's a difference between whistleblowing and insubordination.

If she's telling the truth, it will all come out in the trial when she sues for wrongful termination. Has she filed suit?

All I can do is go with what I know. And that's the fact that nobody I know has any doubts about the data, nor does any credible source.

Advertisement
Back