OT/ CanesFam....dsddcane is doing Better...

Advertisement
Possibly. Or they may not be reporting the data anymore because we have a patsy Governor in a swing state who shares the same political party as the President, with a national election a few months.
Considering that there was a whole lot of aggravation among hospital CEOs about the news reports, I'll go with the more likely explanation instead of the political conspiracy.

Remember there are only about 6000 total ICU beds in FL for 22 million people. They're about 10% of the total available beds. That's why even 100% utilization isn't a concern. It happens all the time.

There is a brand spanking new, quarter of a billion dollar, 500 bed hospital sitting unused at the Miami Convention Center. It's never seen a patient.

There is no shortage of hospital beds in South Florida.
What happened to all of that? NY at its worst didn't even need to utilize all those extra field hospitals. Yet hospital #s are being used for the doom and gloomers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I appreciate everybody's words. I'm good. Just tired as **** and getting as much sleep as possible. Antibiotics and Pedialyte for days. I gotta admit it's been so long since I been able to just stay in and get some rest that I almost don't mind.
Glad to hear you are doing better. Get some rest and God Bless man.

I's currently being used as a testing center. $250 MILLION dollars. A truly staggering amount.
Wanna here some irony? So is my local Publix. Isn’t that swell? And refreshing? And not absolutely ******* ridiculous?

We live in a world where an 250 million dollar hospital is not in use and a Publix parking lot is a good enough location to set up a testing area for a virus.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Big jump in hospitalizations today - more than 100. Good news is ICU use didn't go up at all.

Advertisement
bUt dEm MorTALITy rATes!!!

It never made much sense that there's no real death and hospitalization increases with such a hardcore spike in cases. It's pretty sad that we can't really trust any data we're seeing because the politicians don't want us to see the truth. They don't want to be blamed (read: not get re-elected) for opening too early or for not mandating masks or the plethora of other mistakes they've made. So they cook the numbers or withhold information.

Don't look to bed utilization as a measure. There are plenty of times we reach 100% utilization without Covid around.

Yeah, and that is the problem. You add "100% utilization without Covid around" to "Covid", and you have a very bad situation.

You're a good dude, and this is not personal, just be aware of why some people get sick of hearing MAGA talking points to "debunk" every problem. Take the environment and global climate change for example. "Oh, we've had periods of high temperature in the past". Yeah, but we didn't have a (relatively) rapid temperature change take place over a couple of decades, the temperature usually changed over hundreds of thousands of years.

The hospital-bed capacity IS an issue. We can debate the severity of the issue, but bed utilization is an important measure when people are still getting sick from a variety of other causes.

Advertisement
Back