OT/ CanesFam....dsddcane is doing Better...

Hmmm...

Between the CDC that projected 1.2 million deaths back in March...

Or the President who predicted that Covid-19 would disappear like a miracle when the weather got warmer...

Yeah, I'll stick with the CDC on this one.

"Why should they be trusted with numbers"? Because the CDC are the doctors, and the White House isn't. The doctors may not be perfect, but they are infinitely more qualified in this arena than non-doctor Trump and his non-doctor political appointees.

As for the 1.2 million deaths, hey, there's still time on the clock, we just might get there yet.

CDC is a bureaucratic agency given to funding pressure just like any other government agency. Don't care how many doctors they have. Doctors, especially those on the government dole, want to get paid and naturally are not inclined to bite the hands that feed them. It's not just the executive branch that pulls the financial strings. The Democratic controlled House controls the purse strings at the moment. CDC will follow who butters their bread.

Advertisement
Amazing how nobody decides to ask the board a blank question about who in healthcare can elaborate about the numbers etc. etc. Do you know why they don’t ask because I still won’t believe it. There’s no such thing as a probable Covid admission every hospital down here in South Florida has a test That will let you know whether the patient has Covid or not. So the only people that have control of this are the people in the lab so maybe every single lab in every single hospital is getting kicked back from somebody to start claiming false positive test. I swear man politicizing this thing is going to ridiculous levels. I don’t know how else to make people believe the numbers that I’m seeing. I will tell you this, the length of admissions has decreased and the mortality has definitely decreased every since we started recognizing the disease earlier treating it better and the plasma has also helped a lot. But To sit there and say that all these numbers are inflated and it’s a hoax and then hospitals are just doing it for money it’s just crazy talk. Ever since Covid happened hospitals have lost way more money than they made it so you guys are basically saying that everybody’s lying about the numbers just to make up any money they can?
When somebody’s politically entrenched in their beliefs there’s literally nothing that will change their minds. I recently Saw a YouTube video about a former KGB agent talking about communism in the United States. He said that you can literally take all these communist here in America and put them in the gulags in Russia and show them how unfair and brutal the system is and they still won’t believe that communism doesn’t work. Well it’s the same thing with people that are supporting everything Trump says and everything all the little Instagram and YouTube followers and conservative influencer say. I can take all these people to the hospital take them to the ICU and they still won’t believe it I can show them the lab results I can show them the x-rays I can have them go talk to the families about how almost half the family that got sick and that three were admitted and one person died. And they still won’t believe it so it’s no use.
Its a not a grand conspiracy. Its a network of little conspiracies. My local hospital is regional and serves about 1/4 of of my state and some 20-30 counties. It's still has only 62 covid hospitalizations. And yes there IS such thing as a 'probable admission'... at least there was; some drs were making the call based on ground glass opacities showing up in x-rays before waiting for positive tests to come back. Numbers dont lie, but people do, look at some of FLA's hospitals reported cases at nearly 100%. The new hotbeds (Florida/Texas/SC etc) are nothing like the disaster NY/NJ was, but you'd never know it by the narrative the MSM is pushing.

Amazing how nobody decides to ask the board a blank question about who in healthcare can elaborate about the numbers etc. etc. Do you know why they don’t ask because I still won’t believe it. There’s no such thing as a probable Covid admission every hospital down here in South Florida has a test That will let you know whether the patient has Covid or not. So the only people that have control of this are the people in the lab so maybe every single lab in every single hospital is getting kicked back from somebody to start claiming false positive test. I swear man politicizing this thing is going to ridiculous levels. I don’t know how else to make people believe the numbers that I’m seeing. I will tell you this, the length of admissions has decreased and the mortality has definitely decreased every since we started recognizing the disease earlier treating it better and the plasma has also helped a lot. But To sit there and say that all these numbers are inflated and it’s a hoax and then hospitals are just doing it for money it’s just crazy talk. Ever since Covid happened hospitals have lost way more money than they made it so you guys are basically saying that everybody’s lying about the numbers just to make up any money they can?
When somebody’s politically entrenched in their beliefs there’s literally nothing that will change their minds. I recently Saw a YouTube video about a former KGB agent talking about communism in the United States. He said that you can literally take all these communist here in America and put them in the gulags in Russia and show them how unfair and brutal the system is and they still won’t believe that communism doesn’t work. Well it’s the same thing with people that are supporting everything Trump says and everything all the little Instagram and YouTube followers and conservative influencer say. I can take all these people to the hospital take them to the ICU and they still won’t believe it I can show them the lab results I can show them the x-rays I can have them go talk to the families about how almost half the family that got sick and that three were admitted and one person died. And they still won’t believe it so it’s no use.

Paragraphs, please. I don't fault the hospitals for following CDC guidelines. It is the guidelines that needlessly cook the books leading to these exorbitant data points and ridiculous projections of millions dying. The numbers are a mess because the guidelines are. It also has become highly politicized (will grant you that).

You think the term "Sambo" is comparable to "Fredo"? What a terribly dumb take that is, friend. The etymology of the term Sambo did not even start as a proper or common name like "Fredo". Fredo is a common name that became associated with a character in a famous movie who is weak and ineffectual. I grant you that it is meant as a pejorative term, but very arguable it is to be taken as an ethnic slur. So maybe it's more in kind to being called "Uncle Tom" referring to another famous fictitious character, but I bet that one is probably ok in your book.

Your response is so dopey.

There's a wide range of ethnic slurs, some viewed as "more offensive" than others. I find it amusing that you think that "etymology" somehow mitigates an ethnic slur. As I've pointed out before, even a word as simple as "boy" has a long history of being used as a racial slur against black men.

Also, to repeat the obvious, the term "Uncle Tom" is a very specific racial slur used against black people. It, quite literally, doesn't have the same meaning or impact if you use it against, say, a German person.

As has been mentioned ad infinitum, there are many intended racial slurs that arise from fictitious characters. Sambo, Uncle Tom, and Aunt Jemima are some of the ones that have come up in the last few months. Are you trying to argue that a name of a fictitious character cannot be used as a shorthand racial/ethnic slur against people of a particular race/ethnicity? Do you have any idea of the history of the term "shylock", and why it is used as a slur against ****** people?

Finally, why would you think that it would "probably be OK in my book" to use the term Uncle Tom? Again, there are a lot of terms that can be used to call someone a traitor or sellout to one's race/ethnicity, but "Uncle Tom" is only used against Black people. There are a lot of terms to call someone "weak and ineffectual" (in your words), but "Fredo" is only used against Italian people.

For the record, anyone who has actually read The Godfather would know that Fredo was NOT "weak", he was considered to be the toughest of the sons while growing up. But he was not as intelligent as Santino and Michael, and he was not as ruthless. So the "Fredo" slur involves an insult against a less intelligent Italian. Oh, crap, I should have done an imitation of Empirical and called that a "fun fact".

Its a not a grand conspiracy. Its a network of little conspiracies. My local hospital is regional and serves about 1/4 of of my state and some 20-30 counties. It's still has only 62 covid hospitalizations. And yes there IS such thing as a 'probable admission'... at least there was; some drs were making the call based on ground glass opacities showing up in x-rays before waiting for positive tests to come back. Numbers dont lie, but people do, look at some of FLA's hospitals reported cases at nearly 100%. The new hotbeds (Florida/Texas/SC etc) are nothing like the disaster NY/NJ was, but you'd never know it by the narrative the MSM is pushing.
Oh my Miami is the new epicenter!!!!
Yet people are living their lives around here. The news and agenda driven are full of it. I go by what i see and hear on the streets not the media. Social and mainstream. Normal people aren't going with the doom and gloomers.

Advertisement
Your response is so dopey.

There's a wide range of ethnic slurs, some viewed as "more offensive" than others. I find it amusing that you think that "etymology" somehow mitigates an ethnic slur. As I've pointed out before, even a word as simple as "boy" has a long history of being used as a racial slur against black men.

Also, to repeat the obvious, the term "Uncle Tom" is a very specific racial slur used against black people. It, quite literally, doesn't have the same meaning or impact if you use it against, say, a German person.

As has been mentioned ad infinitum, there are many intended racial slurs that arise from fictitious characters. Sambo, Uncle Tom, and Aunt Jemima are some of the ones that have come up in the last few months. Are you trying to argue that a name of a fictitious character cannot be used as a shorthand racial/ethnic slur against people of a particular race/ethnicity? Do you have any idea of the history of the term "shylock", and why it is used as a slur against ****** people?

Finally, why would you think that it would "probably be OK in my book" to use the term Uncle Tom? Again, there are a lot of terms that can be used to call someone a traitor or sellout to one's race/ethnicity, but "Uncle Tom" is only used against Black people. There are a lot of terms to call someone "weak and ineffectual" (in your words), but "Fredo" is only used against Italian people.

For the record, anyone who has actually read The Godfather would know that Fredo was NOT "weak", he was considered to be the toughest of the sons while growing up. But he was not as intelligent as Santino and Michael, and he was not as ruthless. So the "Fredo" slur involves an insult against a less intelligent Italian. Oh, crap, I should have done an imitation of Empirical and called that a "fun fact".

In this day and age anyone can be personally insulted and triggered by the slightest offense and make it into some cause to fight some imaginary systemic racial injustice. Just a sign of the times, but I don't fall for the pc group think that is so prevalent these days.

But to try to objectively compare the N word to Fredo is so laughable to me on so many levels outside of one's whimsy feelings, of course. You are entitled to your feelings, friend. Just don't try to convince me your feelings are the cornerstone of my reality.

So what if I told you that the reason I’m here is cause I’m at one of these hospitals were the positives are over 90 percent of the people tested? What if o told you that in every shift and admit at least 2 people with hypoxia and a positive covid and all the radiographic and laboratory parameters that back up that test. What if the ER’s I work in has over 100 beds? Multiply what I see times at least 10 other providers. Am I lying? Am I making sht up? There is a hospital in a certain part of Miami that is just ridiculous. It’s come to the point that I’m actually surprised when a test comes back negative. So just cause you don’t believe it, doesn’t mean that it isn’t true. The problems in nyc and the rest of the world when it started was and still is in some parts of this country was the fact that they are treating this disease totally different than they are now. There has s also the possibility of the virus mutating and not being as virulent. So again. Either the hospital lab and quest are lying. And why would they lie about some hospitals but not others?
You don’t think any of those lab techs would’ve blown the whistle by now?
The way some conservatives make it out to be it seems like they believe the Chinese numbers more than they believe ours.

Didn’t mean to ale this post sound like 30 for 30 trailer.

So what if I told you that the reason I’m here is cause I’m at one of these hospitals were the positives are over 90 percent of the people tested? What if o told you that in every shift and admit at least 2 people with hypoxia and a positive covid and all the radiographic and laboratory parameters that back up that test. What if the ER’s I work in has over 100 beds? Multiply what I see times at least 10 other providers. Am I lying? Am I making sht up? There is a hospital in a certain part of Miami that is just ridiculous. It’s come to the point that I’m actually surprised when a test comes back negative. So just cause you don’t believe it, doesn’t mean that it isn’t true. The problems in nyc and the rest of the world when it started was and still is in some parts of this country was the fact that they are treating this disease totally different than they are now. There has s also the possibility of the virus mutating and not being as virulent. So again. Either the hospital lab and quest are lying. And why would they lie about some hospitals but not others?
You don’t think any of those lab techs would’ve blown the whistle by now?
The way some conservatives make it out to be it seems like they believe the Chinese numbers more than they believe ours.

Didn’t mean to ale this post sound like 30 for 30 trailer.
I would believe you. What hospital do you work at?

FORT MYERS, Fla. – The Florida Department of Health in its daily report lists multiple laboratories throughout the state – many of them small testing sites – with 100% positivity rates, but Southwest Florida's dominant hospital system said Wednesday it is incorrect to say 100% of their labs are positive.

The Lee Health hospital system is reporting that its laboratory testing of potential COVID-19 cases has shown an overall positivity rate of about 18%, despite the state report showing that all people coming in for testing at some of its labs have the novel coronavirus.

While it seems a statistical improbability, the state's reports have shown all-negative and all-positive test results from labs since it began releasing comprehensive daily coronavirus summaries in mid-March.

The Department of Health issued a statement to Florida media blaming the labs for incorrectly reporting data:

"In recent days, the Florida Department of Health noticed that some smaller, private labs weren’t reporting negative test result data to the state. The Department immediately began working with those labs to ensure that all results were being reported in order to provide comprehensive and transparent data."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ital-disputes-100-positive-report/5445139002/

Advertisement
Paragraphs, please. I don't fault the hospitals for following CDC guidelines. It is the guidelines that needlessly cook the books leading to these exorbitant data points and ridiculous projections of millions dying. The numbers are a mess because the guidelines are. It also has become highly politicized (will grant you that).
What the do guidelines have to do with our icu that’s full of covid patients?
With lockdowns and masks and social distancing we’re getting close to 150k deaths since February and people still think this sht is make believe.
Mind you I’m not fear spreader and I’m not asking to stay home and fear the boogie man (that’s for gators) or go jogging on empty streets with a mask. Most people will be fine and just get bad flu symptoms and kids do remarkably well.
But doesn’t erase the fact That a lot of people are dying of this.

Oh my Miami is the new epicenter!!!!
Yet people are living their lives around here. The news and agenda driven are full of it. I go by what i see and hear on the streets not the media. Social and mainstream. Normal people aren't going with the doom and gloomers.
So because people are in the streets means the people in all the icu’s in Miami are full of healthy people and no one is dying or were making sht up. Got it.
I’m not out here saying we’re all gonna die. But I’m here busting my *** and mfers are saying I’m lying and making sht up. I have coworkers getting sick and missing 2-3 weeks of pay. Believe what you want fam. I’m it here seeing it. Is how nyc was ? Not yet and I don’t think it will get there. But sht ain’t made up.

So because people are in the streets means the people in all the icu’s in Miami are full of healthy people and no one is dying or were making sht up. Got it.
I’m not out here saying we’re all gonna die. But I’m here busting my *** and mfers are saying I’m lying and making sht up. I have coworkers getting sick and missing 2-3 weeks of pay. Believe what you want fam. I’m it here seeing it. Is how nyc was ? Not yet and I don’t think it will get there. But sht ain’t made up.
I could care less. I stated my opinion and that's that. Wtf are you looking for the know it all on the internet award? Ninja please. I could give a rats *** what you porst.

What the do guidelines have to do with our icu that’s full of covid patients?
With lockdowns and masks and social distancing we’re getting close to 150k deaths since February and people still think this sht is make believe.
Mind you I’m not fear spreader and I’m not asking to stay home and fear the boogie man (that’s for gators) or go jogging on empty streets with a mask. Most people will be fine and just get bad flu symptoms and kids do remarkably well.
But doesn’t erase the fact That a lot of people are dying of this.
Go crawl into a hole.

Advertisement
I could care less. I stated my opinion and that's that. Wtf are you looking for the know it all on the internet award? Ninja please. I could give a rats *** what you porst.
Your opinion is based on watching people that agree with your narrative while discounting people who actually do the work. Like I said we can take American communist to Cuba and Siberia and have them speak to people who were in the camps and they still will wear the Che Guevara shirts.
You can ignore or not respond if you dgaf . Saul Alinsky has a name for people like you.

Amazing how most of us in medicine from the get go said yeah wow this is pretty bad be careful but were never like “holy F close it all down forever”

Now the fear pushers and “leaders” at the top have somehow taken credibility away of the real first line. It’s incredible. Can’t push it into anyone’s skull something can be serious and not be world ending at the same time

Amazing how most of us in medicine from the get go said yeah wow this is pretty bad be careful but were never like “holy F close it all down forever”

Now the fear pushers and “leaders” at the top have somehow taken credibility away of the real first line. It’s incredible. Can’t push it into anyone’s skull something can be serious and not be world ending at the same time
Spot on.

Advertisement
Your opinion is based on watching people that agree with your narrative while discounting people who actually do the work. Like I said we can take American communist to Cuba and Siberia and have them speak to people who were in the camps and they still will wear the Che Guevara shirts.
You can ignore or not respond if you dgaf . Saul Alinsky has a name for people like you.
Keep blabbing, bro...

@pacusmc, one thing I can say is that we have Persons Under Investigation (PUI) in the hospital awaiting results. But they would be admitted in any case, not just because they're possible Covids. We've treated more patients as outpatients than we have as inpatients. Two to one to be be exact.

Nobody's getting rich off Covid.

Amazing. When faced with facts the only resort is to attack the credibility or mock it. Political pundit blabbering 101. Fox and cnn and Rush and Hannity and Maddow have taught you well.
Thats what it is. Trophy is in the mail. Now pat yourself on the back...

Advertisement
Back