OT/ CanesFam....dsddcane is doing Better...

It actually is an ethnic slur.

There are thousands of insulting words that can be used to call someone "stupid".

The choice of a surname from a movie about Italians is, in fact, intended as an ethnic slur.

Or are you, with a straight face, honestly trying to convince us that "Fredo" is just some random name used to refer to a stupid person?

"Fredo" is, with certainty, an insult used to slur an ITALIAN person who is being accused of stupidity (made even more transparent by the fact that Cuomo is not stupid).
Is it like other ethnic slurs where I can say it because I'm Italian, but others can't?

Advertisement
It actually is an ethnic slur.

There are thousands of insulting words that can be used to call someone "stupid".

The choice of a surname from a movie about Italians is, in fact, intended as an ethnic slur.

Or are you, with a straight face, honestly trying to convince us that "Fredo" is just some random name used to refer to a stupid person?

"Fredo" is, with certainty, an insult used to slur an ITALIAN person who is being accused of stupidity (made even more transparent by the fact that Cuomo is not stupid).
Buck up snowflake!

I suppose this twit also thinks you can call a black guy Sambo and that the black guy shouldn't take it as a slur. Of course, he's too gutless to utter the names that supposedly aren't slurs just like the guy that Cuomo flinched out.

Yes, I mean isn't "Sambo" intended as a compliment? You know, like the way that "Sambo" triumphed at the end of the story? And, hey, Sambo is South Indian, he's not even black, right?

I guess Salt is arguing that he should just be able to walk up to any black person, slap that person on the back, and call that black person "Sambo" as a compliment.

After all, that black person can "take it however you want, friend".

That black person's "opinion doesn't really matter to him in this case".

That black person can't "define for me or others what Sambo means".

If that black person "wants to be that offended that he would try to assault someone he doesn't even know over it, that is his prerogative".

Advertisement
Is it like other ethnic slurs where I can say it because I'm Italian, but others can't?

You are worried about all those times that Italian people call other Italian people "Fredo" in order to take the power of that word back from their former slaveowners?

Funny how the crackerish of crackers who grew up in the housing projects in Seminola could drop the "n" word left and right around the brothers he grew up with and not a person flinched. The narrative isn't the reality in some places...

You are worried about all those times that Italian people call other Italian people "Fredo" in order to take the power of that word back from their former slaveowners?
Ironically, my English ancestors were indentured servants, whereas my Italian ancestors were not but likely experienced more discrimination. What a difference 300 years makes.

Ironically, my English ancestors were indentured servants, whereas my Italian ancestors were not but likely experienced more discrimination. What a difference 300 years makes.
Life's a ***** but funny how human perseverance overcomes that...

Advertisement
Yes, I mean isn't "Sambo" intended as a compliment? You know, like the way that "Sambo" triumphed at the end of the story? And, hey, Sambo is South Indian, he's not even black, right?

I guess Salt is arguing that he should just be able to walk up to any black person, slap that person on the back, and call that black person "Sambo" as a compliment.

If that black person "wants to be that offended that he would try to assault someone he doesn't even know over it, that is his prerogative".
You can't even bother with these mutts. Once they've made up their minds to try to massage everything to fit their agenda including trying to make it seem like the guy who stood up to the idiot uttering slurs was the bad guy just because they don't like his politics, you know you're dealing with a lost cause.

Your argument dissolves like salt in water when you acknowledge that your "concerns" could have been addressed by hospital data being sent to the Trump administration AND the CDC. Not INSTEAD OF the CDC.

The same CDC that projected 1.2 million deaths back in March? The same CDC that established the loosey goosey guidelines that made diagnoses of COVID prone to unnecessary inflation?

When they tell facilities to automatically count people with comorbidities that die with COVID as a COVID death (which by the way are the majority of fatal cases), or that it is acceptable to put COVID as a cause of death on a certificate even if COVID was "probable" or "suspected" before confirmation that inadvertently leads to overcounting.

I don't necessarily think it is conspiratorial, but who can trust their competence at this point? Besides they are not the ones writing the checks.

Why should they be trusted with numbers that their own guidelines overcook?

I suppose this twit also thinks you can call a black guy Sambo and that the black guy shouldn't take it as a slur. Of course, he's too gutless to utter the names that supposedly aren't slurs just like the guy that Cuomo flinched out.

funny-sport-nerd-huge-fake-260nw-233563201.jpg

Advertisement

You think the term "Sambo" is comparable to "Fredo"? What a terribly dumb take that is, friend. The etymology of the term Sambo did not even start as a proper or common name like "Fredo". Fredo is a common name that became associated with a character in a famous movie who is weak and ineffectual. I grant you that it is meant as a pejorative term, but very arguable it is to be taken as an ethnic slur. So maybe it's more in kind to being called "Uncle Tom" referring to another famous fictitious character, but I bet that one is probably ok in your book.

You can't even bother with these mutts. Once they've made up their minds to try to massage everything to fit their agenda including trying to make it seem like the guy who stood up to the idiot uttering slurs was the bad guy just because they don't like his politics, you know you're dealing with a lost cause.

The irony of those first two sentence is breathtaking. Actually the last sentence as well.

Advertisement
Amazing how nobody decides to ask the board a blank question about who in healthcare can elaborate about the numbers etc. etc. Do you know why they don’t ask because I still won’t believe it. There’s no such thing as a probable Covid admission every hospital down here in South Florida has a test That will let you know whether the patient has Covid or not. So the only people that have control of this are the people in the lab so maybe every single lab in every single hospital is getting kicked back from somebody to start claiming false positive test. I swear man politicizing this thing is going to ridiculous levels. I don’t know how else to make people believe the numbers that I’m seeing. I will tell you this, the length of admissions has decreased and the mortality has definitely decreased every since we started recognizing the disease earlier treating it better and the plasma has also helped a lot. But To sit there and say that all these numbers are inflated and it’s a hoax and then hospitals are just doing it for money it’s just crazy talk. Ever since Covid happened hospitals have lost way more money than they made it so you guys are basically saying that everybody’s lying about the numbers just to make up any money they can?
When somebody’s politically entrenched in their beliefs there’s literally nothing that will change their minds. I recently Saw a YouTube video about a former KGB agent talking about communism in the United States. He said that you can literally take all these communist here in America and put them in the gulags in Russia and show them how unfair and brutal the system is and they still won’t believe that communism doesn’t work. Well it’s the same thing with people that are supporting everything Trump says and everything all the little Instagram and YouTube followers and conservative influencer say. I can take all these people to the hospital take them to the ICU and they still won’t believe it I can show them the lab results I can show them the x-rays I can have them go talk to the families about how almost half the family that got sick and that three were admitted and one person died. And they still won’t believe it so it’s no use.

The same CDC that projected 1.2 million deaths back in March? The same CDC that established the loosey goosey guidelines that made diagnoses of COVID prone to unnecessary inflation?

When they tell facilities to automatically count people with comorbidities that die with COVID as a COVID death (which by the way are the majority of fatal cases), or that it is acceptable to put COVID as a cause of death on a certificate even if COVID was "probable" or "suspected" before confirmation that inadvertently leads to overcounting.

I don't necessarily think it is conspiratorial, but who can trust their competence at this point? Besides they are not the ones writing the checks.

Why should they be trusted with numbers that their own guidelines overcook?

Hmmm...

Between the CDC that projected 1.2 million deaths back in March...

Or the President who predicted that Covid-19 would disappear like a miracle when the weather got warmer...

Yeah, I'll stick with the CDC on this one.

"Why should they be trusted with numbers"? Because the CDC are the doctors, and the White House isn't. The doctors may not be perfect, but they are infinitely more qualified in this arena than non-doctor Trump and his non-doctor political appointees.

As for the 1.2 million deaths, hey, there's still time on the clock, we just might get there yet.

Amazing how nobody decides to ask the board a blank question about who in healthcare can elaborate about the numbers etc. etc. Do you know why they don’t ask because I still won’t believe it. There’s no such thing as a probable Covid admission every hospital down here in South Florida has a test That will let you know whether the patient has Covid or not. So the only people that have control of this are the people in the lab so maybe every single lab in every single hospital is getting kicked back from somebody to start claiming false positive test. I swear man politicizing this thing is going to ridiculous levels. I don’t know how else to make people believe the numbers that I’m seeing. I will tell you this, the length of admissions has decreased and the mortality has definitely decreased every since we started recognizing the disease earlier treating it better and the plasma has also helped a lot. But To sit there and say that all these numbers are inflated and it’s a hoax and then hospitals are just doing it for money it’s just crazy talk. Ever since Covid happened hospitals have lost way more money than they made it so you guys are basically saying that everybody’s lying about the numbers just to make up any money they can?
When somebody’s politically entrenched in their beliefs there’s literally nothing that will change their minds. I recently Saw a YouTube video about a former KGB agent talking about communism in the United States. He said that you can literally take all these communist here in America and put them in the gulags in Russia and show them how unfair and brutal the system is and they still won’t believe that communism doesn’t work. Well it’s the same thing with people that are supporting everything Trump says and everything all the little Instagram and YouTube followers and conservative influencer say. I can take all these people to the hospital take them to the ICU and they still won’t believe it I can show them the lab results I can show them the x-rays I can have them go talk to the families about how almost half the family that got sick and that three were admitted and one person died. And they still won’t believe it so it’s no use.
Hard facts.

Advertisement
Back