OT: Cal Fires Sonny

If Cal is smart they would Hire Dave Aranda as Head Coach since he is a Cali guy. Then he should hire Ken Dorsey as OC since he would bring an NFL pedigree an wide open offensive play book.

Aranda could probably hire Green Bay asst LB coach Scott McCurley as DC\LB Coach an he would be an effective teacher of Aranda's defense since it is similar to GB's defense.

Aranda could hire Joe Salavea as DL Coach\Assoc HC because he would give aranda an endless supply of Polynesian dlinemen for his 3-4 defense.

Then Aranda could fill out the rest of the rest of the staff with some national coaches.

Go Canes

One big problem with this is Cal has literally no money. They just renovated their stadium a few years ago and because of that, their athletic program is in massive debt, like over $400million.

Sonny Dykes and his staff were like the lowest paid coaches in all of the P5. Seems to me like this staff would cost some money, even for a first year HC. At least with Chip Kelly, he's already owed like $20M from the 49ers and the Eagles, so he may be willing to take a cheaper contract. Plus he'd get to stay in the bay area and likely wouldn't even have to move.

Advertisement
Dorsey made Cam Newton an All Pro QB, NFL MVP, and coached him to a super bowl that's all.

Go Canes

In that case he turned him into the 26th ranked QB by QBR, 28th by QB Ratings, last in completion %, last in his division and couldn't take his team to the playoffs.

Last edited:
LOL at Chip Kelly taking that dead end job. That's a horrible job for a multitude of reasons.

Love Ken Dorsey and all. But the Panthers being in the Super Bowl last year was primarily due to that vaunted defense that they had. Newton had a great year last year, but he regressed significantly this year. Also, it's really hard to credit any coaches for Newton's success as well given that he was the number 1 pick in his draft and was the sole reason Auburn won the title in 2010. Ya'll do realize that he had Gene Chizik as a corch, right?

Cal needs an innovative mind that can hit the ground running on the recruiting end in the West coast. I don't think Aranda fits the mold. Plus he's not leaving LSU and the money he's making to coach at Cal.

LMFAO at Parrotnose taking Chris Borland out of his post and replacing him with some dude from the Packers while hoping no one noticed.

This guy is another level of special.

EDIT: For those of you who don't know, Chris Borland was a 3rd round pick of the 49ers in 2014 who after a successful rookie season retired voluntarily due to concerns about the long term effects of head trauma. He has ZERO coaching or scouting experience at ANY LEVEL and Parrotnose wants to make him the linebacker coach at a major FBS program simply because he played his one season in the Bay Area.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh my God and I just saw the "Polynesian dlinemen" part.

Gotta be a troll. No one can be this dumb.

Advertisement
Back