OT: Cal Fires Sonny

cowboycane

All-ACC
Must feel like they can get Chip?

Looked around and didnt see this posted, if it is my apologies.

Any upperclassmen worth persuading to grad transfer?

Advertisement
Must feel like they can get Chip?

Looked around and didnt see this posted, if it is my apologies.

Any upperclassmen worth persuading to grad transfer?

I think that's part of it.....at least extreme hope on their end. I think Sonny flirting with the Baylor job was another.

Gonna shoot for the stars on Chip. If they swing and miss, they'll go with Spavital and Justin Wilcox, is the rumor.

Would be good to get some new blood in the PAC 12. Fight USC Stanford Washington

Advertisement
very surprised because Cal has no money in their athletic budget to be spending on coaching buy outs.

They should definitely make a run at Chip, but the problem is they literally have no money to offer a coach. I huess they could make the smart decision and spend $4M on Chip and and actually start selling tickets. But they might be in luck that Chip doesnt need any money since he is owed like $18M by the 49ers and like $6M by the Eagles still. plus their team is setup decently for Kelly. they had the 2nd best freshman wr in the nation after ahmmon.

If Cal is smart they would Hire Dave Aranda as Head Coach since he is a Cali guy. Then he should hire Ken Dorsey as OC since he would bring an NFL pedigree an wide open offensive play book.

Aranda could probably hire Green Bay asst LB coach Scott McCurley as DC\LB Coach an he would be an effective teacher of Aranda's defense since it is similar to GB's defense.

Aranda could hire Joe Salavea as DL Coach\Assoc HC because he would give aranda an endless supply of Polynesian dlinemen for his 3-4 defense.

Then Aranda could fill out the rest of the rest of the staff with some national coaches.

Go Canes

Last edited:
If Cal is smart they would Hire Dave Aranda as Head Coach since he is a Cali guy. Then he should hire Ken Dorsey as OC since he would bring an NFL pedigree an wide open offensive play book.

Aranda could probably hire Chris Borland as LB coach an he would be economical an yet an effective teacher of Aranda's defense.

Aranda could hire Joe Salavea as DL Coach\Assoc HC because he would give aranda an endless supply of Polynesian dlinemen for his 3-4 defense.

Then Aranda could fill out the rest of the rest of the staff with some national coaches.

Go Canes

What about Ed Reed and Ray Lewis?

Great perspective, Paranos.

I like (in order) Chip, Aranda and then Les Miles. Cal needs some pizzazz and some defense. Sonny was a total defensive disaster as are so many from the Air Raid offenses of Texas Tech, WSU, Arizona, etc.

Go Bears!

Advertisement

Aranda could probably hire Chris Borland as LB coach an he would be economical an yet an effective teacher of Aranda's defense.

Go Canes

Ed Reed just got into coaching with the Bills. Were as the otyer guys I mentioned have been at for years. Ed Reed was a great player but he is still gaining his NFL coaching legs and I doubt he would leave for any college except Miami.

An Ray Lewis doesn't want to coach. But nice try to clown my post, try a little harder next time.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Ed Reed just got into coaching with the Bills. Were as the otyer guys I mentioned have been at for years. Ed Reed was a great player but he is still gaining his NFL coaching legs and I doubt he would leave for any college except Miami.

An Ray Lewis doesn't want to coach. But nice try to clown my post, try a little harder next time.

Go Canes

Your porst clowned it's self my friend

Aranda could probably hire Green Bay asst LB coach Scott McCurley as DC\LB Coach an he would be an effective teacher of Aranda's defense since it is similar to GB's defense.

Go Canes

Lol u love that dude..... Diaz was a way better fit

Go Canes

What has Dorsey done that makes him qualified as a college OC?

Advertisement
Dorsey made Cam Newton an All Pro QB, NFL MVP, and coached him to a super bowl that's all.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Aranda is not a bad idea and I think Cal's next HC will be someone who knows defense because that side of ball has been a massive fail....Bronco Mendenhall would be a good fit there but not sure if Cal would be able to buy him out based on comments above.....also, the Vandy coach may be a good candidate.

Dorsey made Cam Newton an All Pro QB, NFL MVP, and coached him to a super bowl that's all.

Go Canes

Yep cause Cam Newton was a complete loser before he got Ken Dorsey as his OC......wtf? sometimes I worry about you son

Advertisement

Go Canes

Yep cause Cam Newton was a complete loser before he got Ken Dorsey as his OC......wtf? sometimes I worry about you son

It is well documented that Ken Dorsey has been the Newton whisperer. He trained him at IMG Academy coming out of Auburn, then the Panthers hired Dorsey to make Newton a better QB.

Link to article.
NFL'''s odd couple: Ken Dorsey in charge of making Panthers''' Cam Newton a better QB

Go Canes

Go Canes

It is well documented that Ken Dorsey has been the Newton whisperer. He trained him at IMG Academy coming out of Auburn, then the Panthers hired Dorsey to make Newton a better QB.

Link to article.
NFL'''s odd couple: Ken Dorsey in charge of making Panthers''' Cam Newton a better QB

Go Canes

giphy.gif

Does Cal know their new staff has been built? Somebody send this link to official site

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back