OT: Brohm to Louisville

The Boo Birds are out today...Lmao...check your tampons, ladies...hide your kids, hide your wife...

Advertisement
Nah, dude. That kid is destined to be a NASA engineer and is only worried about academics.

Kinda like Chad Thomas ended up being a music major at UM. Oh. Wait.

Was that last part sarcasm? Because Chad wasn't necessarily worried about being a music major at UM, more so using their equipment and being able to stay closer to the guys he wanted to produce music with in the city.

His agent should be shot if he takes the L'ville job. They were only added to the ACC because they were good at the time of the conference expansion frenzy. The next conference re-alignment will probably see them jettisoned to the G5. If Brohm stays at Purdue and does 8-4 or so consistently for a few years a marquee B1G job will come his way eventually.

Was that last part sarcasm? Because Chad wasn't necessarily worried about being a music major at UM, more so using their equipment and being able to stay closer to the guys he wanted to produce music with in the city.

1000% sarcasm and wasn't a slight directed toward Chad at all but of all the media (and some fan) narratives that our music school was some huge driving force in why he went to Miami.

This whole Keftedes narrative that the kid is and always was a 10000% lock because of Purdue's stellar engineering program seems a little similar. I'd absolutely try to recruit the Greek Meatball again as more often than not all this academics talk is just that with recruits. Not saying you can pry him but I bet staying home is every bit the factor as their engineering faculty.

Advertisement
Lol Louisville. You just hired a guy that was coached and mentored by the guy you fired. The same guy that made him look good to get him overdrafted. That’s one helluva gamble at $25-30mil.

Lol Louisville. You just hired a guy that was coached and mentored by the guy you fired. The same guy that made him look good to get him overdrafted. That’s one helluva gamble at $25-30mil.

Its the ultimate gamble.

However, to be fair, Petrino stopped recruiting and was flat out a bum. He'd be considered a bum much sooner in the process if not for Lamar.

On Brohm...he's never been a guy I wanted for the Canes. I think he's got potential as a coach, but he's not even close to realizing it. I would have liked to have seen him do more at Purdue before he took another gig. Darrell Hazell was terrible before him, but Brohm didn't exactly get Purdue to be anything much better than Danny Hope did and he was a terrible head coach.

We don't need a new Head Corch...even tho MR is on my chit list right now. We need a coordinator and position coach overhaul on offense and special teams.

The problem, and I feel like you must have heard this by now, is that Richt hasn't shown that he'll make any of the right changes. Sht, he hasn't show that he'll make any changes at all. He really thinks it's execution, so even if he hires an OC, he'll probably hire one that will do the same things he's already doing. My best guess is that he'll just hand over play calling to Brown, take responsibility for the QB mess and promise to teach Richt Jr. real good, then act like he's fixed everything.

Best case for Miami is that he hires a savage OC and lets him hire the offensive staff, keeps Diaz, and concentrates on recruiting.

There's just no earthly reason to think he'll do that.

The problem, and I feel like you must have heard this by now, is that Richt hasn't shown that he'll make any of the right changes. Sht, he hasn't show that he'll make any changes at all. He really thinks it's execution, so even if he hires an OC, he'll probably hire one that will do the same things he's already doing. My best guess is that he'll just hand over play calling to Brown, take responsibility for the QB mess and promise to teach Richt Jr. real good, then act like he's fixed everything.

Best case for Miami is that he hires a savage OC and lets him hire the offensive staff, keeps Diaz, and concentrates on recruiting.

There's just no earthly reason to think he'll do that.
I'm with you man, I was just looking at it in a vacuum. MR is his biggest obstacle and enemy at this point. I am fully on the Kendall Briles train. That dude would make this offense straight nasty. If MR does nothing after the season, I honesty think the team will implode. Drastic reduction in season ticket sales, empty stadium, etc etc... It would be like with Golden, it marks the beginning of the end. MR is on the thinnest of ice right now. Maybe not for losing his job heading into next season, but definitely from the standpoint of losing the franchise. Do you really want to be the coach that finally destroyed the program? Even Golden didn't accomplish that feat.

Advertisement
Also have to understand no matter how much money they have it’s still Louisville. What’s crazy to me is Petrino went away from his bread and butter crossing routes, circles, and misdirection slants. He was playing a more medium to deep passing game with a QB with zero accuracy. It’s sad to see a coach go down so hard but in this case...he’s an ****hole so good ridden.

I figured they already had a deal in place when Petrino was awkwardly fired. IMO, he should stay at Purdue and wait for a bigger job. He'll always be in the running when the Louisville gig is up why go now when youve already built something at a mid-major

Advertisement
Advertisement
So we still are behind the eight ball? By the time we hire a coach he will be anal raped by bama in a few years and confidence will be shot. We are waiting to long to start over.

I'm with you man, I was just looking at it in a vacuum. MR is his biggest obstacle and enemy at this point. I am fully on the Kendall Briles train. That dude would make this offense straight nasty. If MR does nothing after the season, I honesty think the team will implode. Drastic reduction in season ticket sales, empty stadium, etc etc... It would be like with Golden, it marks the beginning of the end. MR is on the thinnest of ice right now. Maybe not for losing his job heading into next season, but definitely from the standpoint of losing the franchise. Do you really want to be the coach that finally destroyed the program? Even Golden didn't accomplish that feat.

I hate to tell this to canes fans but Briles ain't coming. He is like Santa Claus to us canes fans. A figment of our imagination.
And he isn't coming for two reason.

First, his scheme and philosophy is unlike Mork's. So if he is hired Mork will be rendered useless as he can not teach or manage something he does not know. Next, no way Mork hires anyone without a clean cut image/reputation. Baylor had a law suite filled against them alleging that Briles asked a recruit "Do you like white women? Because we have a lot of them at Baylor and they love football players."

You think Mork hires someone like that?

If you want changes Mork has to go.

Advertisement
Back