A land remembered — pat smith
Steve Jobs autobiography—Walter isaacson
Five Families — Selwyn Raab
Rebel Yell — SC Gwyne
Stonewall Jackson — the man, the soldier; the legend
As the crow flies — Jeffery archer
1776 — David McCullough
Ben Franklin — isaacson

there are many more but those are pretty good. Most are history, bios, or real life events (Simon and burns. They also wrote the HBO series The Wire)
Thanks. I will check these out

Thanks. I will check these out
If you want real urban books, check out the first two. Homicide is all about balitmore murders in the late 80s when they lead the nation in murder rate.

The corner is all about 1 family and their life on the corners of baltimore and how drugs tore it apart. Absolutely amazing reads by really good writers.

Also the 5 families book is pretty good as it's all about the 5 families of the NYC Italian mob, their histories, rises, and downfalls.

If you want real urban books, check out the first two. Homicide is all about balitmore murders in the late 80s when they lead the nation in murder rate.

The corner is all about 1 family and their life on the corners of baltimore and how drugs tore it apart. Absolutely amazing reads by really good writers.

Also the 5 families book is pretty good as it's all about the 5 families of the NYC Italian mob, their histories, rises, and downfalls.
Looking them up now

I'm an avid reader and am always looking for recommendations, anyone read anything good lately? I typically read fiction, but do enjoy some historical non-fiction. Almost done with this one, real good read, unbelievable bravery shown by these guys.

the last hill.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back