OT: Big 12 expansion likely

Advertisement
Why would Texas A&M leave the SEC to go back to the Big 12?

I am reading that Texas is against expansion and TCU has their back.

Yea because it means bye bye for their network....but idk why TCU wouldn't want expansion

Why would this be the case? It is my understanding that the Longhorn Network is contractually between UT and ESPN. UT does not share those revenues with the conference and the deal is good through around 2031.

Longhorn Network doomed? Texas' TV money stacking up fine against SEC's - SBNation.com

I also understood that UT was not willing to share those revenues when expansion was last discussed.

As I said in a prior post, this issue is complicated. It is not as simple as just adding schools.

Advertisement
Might be a little easier and prudent to just advocate for the freaking expansion of the Playoff to 8 teams instead of considering adding freaking Memphis to your conference. This type of collective stupidity by the other conferences is why the $EC and their puppet in Emmert are allowed to dictate so many things in football.

How much worse would Memphis be than having Iowa State and Kansas??

And it wasn't long ago that Baylor was do-nothing program ...

It wasn't long ago that there were some big state schools that left for other conferences. Not surprisingly TCU and Baylor rose up.

Advertisement
Back