Off-Topic OT: Best tv show of all time

Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings

Runners-up:

Uncle Dan the Fat Man (local show in Miami)
Whatever show Skipper Chuck was on
Whatever show M.T. Graves was on.

All were local.
The Skipper Chuck Show. I was an audience member for an episode when I was five. I think it aired locally on Channel 6 back then. Same Channel I’d watch Hogan’s Heroes re-runs on.

Scary thing is I still watch Hogan’s Heroes re-runs.

Advertisement
My grandad he would sit and watch old western tv shows on tv land like Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and maverick all day and I would sit and watch them with him whenever I came by. After he passed in ‘09 I started watching every “modern” western tv show I came across. Netflix has a few like the Hatfields and McCoy that seem interesting.

What no Big Valley! I did the same with my Grandad, good times man, good times...

Love BB, The Wire and Sopranos, but for me the greatest single season of TV was season 1 of True Detective. Woody and MM both deserved Emmy's for their performances.

By order of the Peaky Blinders...good choice

Those of you that liked The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc...do yourselves a favor and sample The Peaky Blinders (NFLX)...The Red Right Hand compels you

View attachment 89608

Its a brilliant fast paced show. With only six episodes per season they really jam in the action. Love it, top 10 for sure.

Mash
The Twilight Zone
Cheers
Everybody Loves Raymond
All In The Family
The Blacklist
Gunsmoke
Star Trek

Advertisement
The A-Team....Delta Force at it's finest. Also, The Unit, another Delta Force gem.
Just got finished watching the Unit. Great show but ended suddenly, like a lot of them. There were some good ones last year that ended after the first season. The Brave, 24 Legacy, Valor and probably more.

Advertisement
The Skipper Chuck Show. I was an audience member for an episode when I was five. I think it aired locally on Channel 6 back then. Same Channel I’d watch Hogan’s Heroes re-runs on.

Scary thing is I still watch Hogan’s Heroes re-runs.
Actually, Skipper Chuck's original show was Popeye's Playhouse.

It was not on channel 6. In fact, there was no channel 6 back then. There was 4, 7, and 10.
Channel 4 was WTVJ (CBS I think)

I think Uncle Dan the Fat Man was on 10. I was on that show. I vaguely remember they drove us all the way out to the boonies, like around Carol City or something. There was this unadorned brick building, gray dirt instead of grass....

I don't know why my parents didn't videotape the show...maybe because VCRs weren't invented yet.

The Wire -- is that the one that takes place in Baltimore?

I think I used to know the father of the guy that created the show. His name was Simon.

Have never seen the show.

i have alot of the ones that are already posted (got,sopranos,breaking bad,spartacus,vikings etc..) but i just started watching silicon valley and that **** has me dyin lol.

Advertisement
Just got finished watching the Unit. Great show but ended suddenly, like a lot of them. There were some good ones last year that ended after the first season. The Brave, 24 Legacy, Valor and probably more.

24Legacy is a good one....I'll have to check the Brave and Valor.

Actually, Skipper Chuck's original show was Popeye's Playhouse.

It was not on channel 6. In fact, there was no channel 6 back then. There was 4, 7, and 10.
Channel 4 was WTVJ (CBS I think)

I think Uncle Dan the Fat Man was on 10. I was on that show. I vaguely remember they drove us all the way out to the boonies, like around Carol City or something. There was this unadorned brick building, gray dirt instead of grass....

I don't know why my parents didn't videotape the show...maybe because VCRs weren't invented yet.
You’re right. I think he was on channel 4 but this was around 1971-2 so channel 6!was either around or just starting. I actually won one of his audience participation contests.

The Wire -- is that the one that takes place in Baltimore?

I think I used to know the father of the guy that created the show. His name was Simon.

Have never seen the show.

Yes it took place in Baltimore. Great show.

David Simon was the creator who also did Homicide which wasn’t anywhere near as good.

Advertisement
What’s the best tv show of all time in your eyes. Me personally, The Sopranos no doubt. RIP James Gandolfini
Love The Sopranos but the First 4 Seasons of Game of Thrones is easily my favorite.

The Wire is also great and The Office and Seinfeld for comedies.

Bumping this zombie thread from the football board to say I thought Succession would suck, but was dead *** wrong. Part Shakespearean tragedy, part comedy. It's only 4 seasons so it's easily bingeable on Max. Belongs on Mt. Rushmore.

unnamed__3_.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back