OT: Best high school player you ever saw in person?

Advertisement
Basketball pumpkin head Tracy McGrady before he went to mt Zion threw himself an alley and dunked on my uncle after my unc talked mad **** to him lmao

Amare stoudamire played against him when he was at Lake Wales

Steve Francis & Kenyon Martin my bro played against them aau ball Steve was unbelievable

My brother he chose football over the hardwood

Advertisement
Saw Ray Lewis at Kathleen High School in Lakeland. Hate to admit it, but I really don't remember much about him. Kathleen was playing Winter Haven and WH was pretty bad the whole time Ray was at KHS. As for playing with, I can't remember the guys name, but I got called for roughing the passer on him early in a game. Didn't help as he got up and kicked our *** big time. He played for Green Bay for a number of years and I still can't come up with his name.
Probably cause Kathleen had another LB at the time who was outshining Ray. I can’t think of his name right now but most people around this area will tell you that Ray wasn’t even the best LB on his team...

Miami High played a regional schedule, too. Chattanooga Central, which was one of the dominant programs in the south, can down to the Orange Bowl to play Miami High in the 40s in front of at least 40K.
I believe MHS won the mythical championship my year also (1956) As long as. Are doing a little nostalgia here's one related to MHS to Army

1945-1946 heisman trophy winners
Doc Blanchard RB 1945
Glen Davis RB 1946
QB Arnold Tucker MHS

1958Heisman trophy winner
Pete Dawkins RB
(Bob Anderson was the other RB and an all American)
QB Joe Caldwell MHS

Tony Gaiter...kid was unreal in hs..all of us at killian at the time thought he was gonna win heisman. ha

I played against Lavar Arrington. He was unbelievable in high school. T. Pryor was a beast.

Saw Willie Williams play in the State Title game down there against Orlando Edgewater. I thought he was the best player I’ve seen.

Advertisement
Got a list..Played against these guys in high school plus some more but these guys stuck out.

Reshad Jones
Janoris Jenkins
Micanor Regis
Tavarres King
C.J. Spiller
Antone Smith

C.J. Spiller was by far the fastest player I ever went against. Antone Smith was the best player overall..

Talked to him on the field after going head to head every play in the state championship game (played LB) and told him to sign w/ Miami.. he said “why?! you going there? I just laughed and said “nah but thats the move! Do it!”

Didn’t play them but watched Pac-Man Jones, Marcus Ball, and Geno Hayes...they were absolutely amazing players in HS...

Gotta be Springs Freddie Miles for me, unbelievable talent. Elvis Peacock from Miami Central was awesome too.

Advertisement
I very BEST I ever saw were Allen Iverson in VA, and Thurman Thomas, Eric ****erson, Jerry Ball in TX All were unstoppable in H.S.

I see some basketball players are mentioned so I'll throw in Bill Willougby; 3rd HS player after Moses Malone and Darryl Dawkins to go directly inti the pros.....was only a jourey player in the NBA...dude was 6'9" and played point guard.....ad this was in the pre Magic days in the late 70's.

scored 38 on me.....30 in first half and showed mercy I the 2nd. Held him to 4 points the next game......we ran a 4 corners freeze (no 24 second clock) and kept it close;............ 9-6.........yeah our coach was a ****.

Advertisement
I believe MHS won the mythical championship my year also (1956) As long as. Are doing a little nostalgia here's one related to MHS to Army

1945-1946 heisman trophy winners
Doc Blanchard RB 1945
Glen Davis RB 1946
QB Arnold Tucker MHS

1958Heisman trophy winner
Pete Dawkins RB
(Bob Anderson was the other RB and an all American)
QB Joe Caldwell MHS

Tucker played a year at Miami before going to West Point. Was an assistant AD at Miami in the 70s. He also commanded the same squadron I flew in years later--the 16th Special Operations Squadron. Tremendous athlete who played basketball at West Point.

From the ATL area. I hate to say it but Marcus Ball was a beast playing RB and LB. After him probably Eric Berry, not fair he played QB in HS lol. My sleeper pick Bobby Rainey. He played for the Bucs for a lil' while dude held all the GA rushing records I believe until a couple years ago. My best overrated HS player without a doubt is Caleb King!

Advertisement
Back