OT: Best high school player you ever saw in person?

Demar Dorsey
Spring of ‘10 I was up in Tallahassee, and one day I was at Adams Pointe Apartments where a lot of college students stay. I walk outside and see a bunch of dudes racing. So I walk over to get a look, and Demar Dorsey (on his spring break) is racing a bunch of guys from Famu football team. There were some fsu players their too. They were betting 100 a race and Dorsey ran like 5 times while I was watching and won every single race....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

his younger brother Eddie Jackson is now in the nfl with the chicago bears

Advertisement
Marcus Stiggers. If anyone is from Dallas, they know who Lake Highlands is. He was a 5'7 qb.... super baller. Went onto Colorado to return kicks and play WR. He was 5'7 though which obviously is tough in CFB Then Markus Curry. I played against him. He went on to play corner at Michigan. He was a beast at WR and CB.

I think it was RALPH Ortega, the first Cuban born player in the League IIRC.

Yeah, my mistake. I realized it this afternoon and came back to this thread to amend.

I'm not surprised two posters had already done so. Lots of sharp guys here regarding local high school history.

Never a mistake when you bring up real history of the 305. Neil Colzie definitely one of the best we ever produced and Gary Dunn wasn't a bad DL either. Those CG teams won like 3? mythical Nattys. Here is interesting Herald article on how Kotys got it all started He led his Gables football team to glory and racial harmony | Miami Herald

Advertisement
Played against Miles in '78 - 12 seconds left in the half he ripped off an 80 yard run for a score
not saying he was fast but clock showed :04 seconds left when he scored. That Springs team was loaded Lomas Brown, Jimmy Austin, and Jack Fernandez.

As I remember Miles, he was like tackling a fire plug on ice skates. If he didn't break your ankles, then he'd run over you.

Basketball: Pearl Washington, Patrick Ewing, Kevin Garnett
Football: Mark Bavaro, Nesta Silvera
Hockey: Bobby Carpenter, Chris Kreider

Advertisement
On my HS team before Quad was the starter we had this dude Archie Hamilton, if that boy could have got his **** together in his personal life he was a bad bad RB.

We played against Dan Morgan in high school and he was a beast. He played running back for Taravella and they were otherwise a horrible team but Morgan was unstoppable. You knew he was getting the ball but it didn't matter. He was already really big for a high school RB (6'1" roughly 220) and he was by far the fastest player on the field.

Autry Denson at Nova was another really good running back. Went on to become Notre Dame's all time leading rusher. He split carries with Kaleed Abdulah (sp?) who went to FSU. I don't think they threw a single pass the two years we played them.

I played hs with two nfl players. Ill pick one of them. Bryant Mcfadden cb. Lock down pretty much all of broward county or whomever he went against. Butch Davis was all over him but he was going to Clemson or FSU. Went to Fsu.

Bryant was a beast! No doubt... But I gotta go with Quentin Chandler (RB class 97). I played with both. Q was a nasty. If he was a little taller, would’ve played on Sundays. Either way... Mustangs stand up!!!!

Saw Ray Lewis at Kathleen High School in Lakeland. Hate to admit it, but I really don't remember much about him. Kathleen was playing Winter Haven and WH was pretty bad the whole time Ray was at KHS. As for playing with, I can't remember the guys name, but I got called for roughing the passer on him early in a game. Didn't help as he got up and kicked our *** big time. He played for Green Bay for a number of years and I still can't come up with his name.

Advertisement
Patrick Robinson
Jon Beason
Jacory Harris
Akeem Auguste
Brandon Harris
John Dunlap
Major Wright

To name a few.

Alonso at Columbus was a beast. But the guys from the 70's in Miami will tell you Buster Rhymes and Derrick Thomas were animals.

Advertisement
Miami High also won 3 MNC 60, 62, and 65. Somehow people forget about how dominant the Stings were for decades.

Great read. Love this part though. "In the playoffs, Gables beat Tampa Robinson and John Reeves, touted as the best quarterback in Florida, 55-0." ***** John Reeves of Gator Flop fame and that bigot Doug ****ey.

Miami High also won 3 MNC 60, 62, and 65. Somehow people forget about how dominant the Stings were for decades.

Miami High played a regional schedule, too. Chattanooga Central, which was one of the dominant programs in the south, can down to the Orange Bowl to play Miami High in the 40s in front of at least 40K.

Advertisement
Back