OT: Best high school player you ever saw in person?

Advertisement
St. Thomas was playing at Lockhart about a week before our season started so I went with one of my teammates to watch. Punt returner jab stepped to the left, shook the gunner, and started up the middle, then he broke to the left and found more running room, but then stopped reversed his field and zig-zagged to the other side of the field...defense caught back up to him and he reversed his field again before being run down at about the 10. Michael Irvin was not the fastest, but he. Had. It. (had I only listened to Shep and transferred...)

Let me just say it: I hate it when I read everyone crowning Sean Taylor over Horatio Bennie Blades. I’m biased for a few reasons ... on one of his touchdown runs Blades was coming right at me, gave me a quick fake, I bit, and he was ghost. Touchdown! The next time he tried it, I was ready, so he put his head down and ran right through me. THROUGH. ME. (Think about those Blades hits for a second...easily the hardest hit I ever had in high school) Somehow it counted as a tackle; I think his shoelace got caught in the chest-piece of my shoulder pads as the bottom of his cleats left a mark on my chest…he must have tripped. LOL.

My bad: add Lorenzo White too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
noel devine

I remember meeting his coach when i was recruiting. He flipped on his tape and my mouth hit the floor. The speed, power, and balance from that cat. I asked him where he was going and he said coach, "he'll be a sophomore next year. You're watching his freshman tape."

Again same school as Deion and Kearse

Bit of a long list but....

Frank Gore
Roscoe Parrish
Elvis Dumervil
ST26
Andre Johnson
Darrell Sheppard
Patrick Lee

Advertisement
I saw Aaron Rodgers play JuCo ball, too. Nothing to write home about. Tedford really got that kid to play.

noel devine

I remember meeting his coach when i was recruiting. He flipped on his tape and my mouth hit the floor. The speed, power, and balance from that cat. I asked him where he was going and he said coach, "he'll be a sophomore next year. You're watching his freshman tape."

Again same school as Deion and Kearse

All this was during the MySpace days. I had a video embedded on my page of him squatting 500lbs as a freshman....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
[TWEET]960916220227801092[/TWEET]

Figure everyone could take a short break from the recruiting madness to reminisce a little bit.

Best player I saw in person as a high school player was probably Willie Williams. Nothing he couldn't do on a high school football field. That whole CC defense was stupid the year they won state.

Lived in central Cali (graduated H.S. in Merced & went to a JUCO in Bakersfield) saw All-American RB, Steve Wofford (early/mid 1990s - classic scat-back) & went to school with Anthony Volson...USC turned this burner into a DB...

Advertisement
Percy Harvin. Absolute game changer. Man did everything

Other kid on that Landstown team was Damon McDaniel. Surprised he flopped at FSU. Saw Harvin against Hylton in state quarters. He took over the game in the second half.

Yes. I watched them dawg LC Byrd too. Both players. But Harvin was a different animal. Did everything. I thought macho harris was beastly but he was a diff animal.

Percy Harvin. Absolute game changer. Man did everything

You from the 757? It’s a lot of talent in that area

No. Im not from there. I live in Richmond. I played football here. Ive seen or played against a lot of the talent from Va.

****, a lot of the guys play flag football so i still play against some of them during the year.

Two of my close friends dads ref so i watch a lot of film and see most of the talent that way too.

Freddie Miles (not sure it’s even close)
Alonso Highsmith (dominant as a defensive end)
Marvin Jones

Advertisement
Back