OT: Best high school player you ever saw in person?

Maybe Chris Rainey.

There was a kid that played for Northeast (Stacy coley’s school) some time ago named Dmitri linton. He wasn’t big enough or fast enough to go to a major School. He ended up at Rutgers. But he was sick in HS. He put 300 yards on my HS back in the day. I was on the JV squad at the time and was on the sidelines just watching him manhandle us. I think he is one of the top Broward rushers.

Advertisement
Played against Hester when he was at Suncoast and he was the most unbelievable athlete I've ever seen in my life.

Maybe Chris Rainey.

There was a kid that played for Northeast (Stacy coley’s school) some time ago named Dmitri linton. He wasn’t big enough or fast enough to go to a major School. He ended up at Rutgers. But he was sick in HS. He put 300 yards on my HS back in the day. I was on the JV squad at the time and was on the sidelines just watching him manhandle us. I think he is one of the top Broward rushers.

Lol I was on his team. Our QB went to Rutgers too and ended up playing in the league for a few years.

Advertisement
Maybe Chris Rainey.

Lol I was on his team. Our QB went to Rutgers too and ended up playing in the league for a few years.

Haha. Small world.

Bob Sanders, played him in high school. Played Safety in college and pros but was a running back in high school.....insane

Advertisement
Ok. I lived in Minnesota for 13 yers on a corporate relocation (American Express). I followed high school sports very closely.

The best? Joe Mauer.

Joe was the Qb, Catcher and Pitcher for the outstanding athletic program at his high school, Cretin-Durham Hall. Cretin gave the Canes Steve Walsh and Seantrel Henderson. It also gave the Noles Chris Weinke.

Why Joe? 6’4”, 220 was named Gatorade player of the year in Football AND Baseball. Committed to FSU as a QB. But, he was then drafted Number 1 in the MLB draft, signing with his home town Twins team in Minneapolis.

I saw him play football several times. Unbelievable. I saw him catch, pitch and hit in baseball. The best.

Joe Mauer.

Advertisement
QB - Stafford... Saw Baker, RG3, Mallett, several other NFL guys
RB - probably Ced Benson, he was a better player before adding weight in college
WR - Roy Williams or Dez, both men among boys in HS
OL - Eric Winston (played blocking TE)
DL - Nikita Whitlock (absolute animal in HS)
LB - Derrick Johnson (saw Armstead but too young to appreciate)
DB - Jamal Adams
KR/Ath - Quan Cosby or Dontre Wilson - both of them lost careers to lost explosion from leg injuries... both were unimaginably electric

Probably forgetting several.

Probably somebody this board has never heard of, a guy name Larry Britt that played in Jefferson City, Mo. (104 game winning streak-6A, highest level in Missouri) iin the mid-1970's. 6' 3" 245lb. RB, fast, strong and ran everybody over, just a bigger Eric ****erson. He had offers to just about every major school in the country and could only get into Lincoln University in Jefferson City. The guy was sadly dumb as a box of rocks, but on the football field, a natural.

2nd Best guy, John Matuzak, former NFL player, was a man among boys in Wisconsin Hight School football. Full blown nut job off the field.

[TWEET]960916220227801092[/TWEET]

Figure everyone could take a short break from the recruiting madness to reminisce a little bit.

Best player I saw in person as a high school player was probably Willie Williams. Nothing he couldn't do on a high school football field. That whole CC defense was stupid the year they won state.

Advertisement
Frank Gore at Gables was unbelievable.

When I was a little kid, we would go to watch Columbus games when Mike Shula was qb and Alonzo Higsmith was star defensive end. One game, a running back lite Columbus up. His name Melvin Bratton. Until I saw Gore play, Bratton was the best.

Also Brent Schaeffer. I think he may have had some off field issues, but if was playing nowadays, he would have been a consensus top 10 recruit.

Advertisement
Back