OT: Best high school player you ever saw in person?

Advertisement
Percy Harvin. Absolute game changer. Man did everything

Other kid on that Landstown team was Damon McDaniel. Surprised he flopped at FSU. Saw Harvin against Hylton in state quarters. He took over the game in the second half.

Saw Duke in a couple playoff games his last year, probably averaged 300 yards per game as good as any of the above IMO in HS.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Edge

He'd rush for 200 yards in first half then get 30 on the basketball court

Also, might not the best athlete but Isaac Bruce, many dont know, was a very high baseball prospect. Him and Frankie Sanders had a tryout at Gibbons they showed up late from football practice. The tryout was over and scouts were leaving, Petik told the scouts you have to see these kids run. HE actually promised to takle them all out for beers if they stayed. Long story short, scouts stayed, Bruce and Sanders ran 6.1 60's. Scouts asked if they could hit, Petik laughed and got the entire varsity and JV team out to field BP...Sanders stepped in and was told to bunt...first pitch Sanders put it on the tennis courts...415 feet away. Sanders walks out says he has to go. Bruce gets in, asked to bunt, first pitch Bruce puts it on the basketball gym...445 feet away. Bruce walks out of cage. Scouts ask to see more, from both, Sanders and Bruce hit 18 of the 20 balls in the bucket out...and leave.

Advertisement
The Mad Stork. You have to be old to have seen him but dang he was wrecking crew. You had to run at him, which was a bad option, because you just could not run away from him. If young today, I wonder if he would be TE. Back in his day TEs were mostly blockers.
I also saw Hendricks play in HS. But, I’ll go with Kenny Flowers and John L Williams. Both were unstoppable in the games I saw them.

Offense: Frank Gore . Saw him in person several times and can't put in to words how special he was.

Defense: Nate Webster

Frank gore.

Played against ed mccaffrey

Played with rocket ismail in an all star game

Advertisement
Derek Pegues from South Panola, Mississippi. Played option QB and Safety. We played him in the state championship game, had a 4/5 * guy of our own, and he crushed us. Made it look easy. His team was in the midst of a 7 year winning streak, obviously talented, but he was a breed apart.

Orien Harris

I moved up to Delaware my senior year and attended Newark High School with him.

He was a man among boys for sure.

Advertisement
Back