OT: best comedy movies

Advertisement
Anchorman, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin, The Hangover, Blazing Saddles, Monty Python, Wedding Crashers and Dodgeball all deserve consideration. Anchorman, Step Brothers and Talladega Nights are probably the most quoted movies of all time though.

Advertisement
I'd like to throw in another that I don't remember being mentioned yet. LA Stories. Not everyone gets this movie, but God do I die laughing every time I watch it.

Does Hudson Hawk count as a comedy?

It wasn't really super hilarious like the other comedies in the thread, but I always liked that movie & found it funny.

Advertisement
I don’t think Boogie nights is a comedy but if has some of the funniest moments ever on film lol. Good movie and it’s hilarious.

Reilly , Seymour Hoffman and evening Wahlberg killed it.

Wahlberg “ You think the base is taking away from my vocal?” Reilly vigorously shaking his head yes in the background lol.

Instead of the modern water boarding they get a guy to talk by playing "Itsy Bitsy Teeeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini " over and over.

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

Imagine hearing this over and over....yuck!
I remember that song very well.

Here's a song that would drive me nuts if I had to listen over and over....

During the Waco siege the government tried to drive the Branch Davidians out by playing a song over and over. Didn't work so they attacked with tanks. Wish I could remember the name of the song

Advertisement
There Something About Mary
Billy Madison
Meet the Parents
Zoolander
Austin Powers
Beverly Hills Cop
Ghostbusters
Stripes
What about Bob?
Analyze This and That

Advertisement
Here are a few more I like from back in the day.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Uptown Saturday Night
Let's Do It Again
Silver Streak
Stir Crazy
Up in Smoke
Night Shift
Airport
Adams Family

Last edited:
I don’t think Boogie nights is a comedy but if has some of the funniest moments ever on film lol. Good movie and it’s hilarious.

Reilly , Seymour Hoffman and evening Wahlberg killed it.

Wahlberg “ You think the base is taking away from my vocal?” Reilly vigorously shaking his head yes in the background lol.
Scottie is out of control.

Advertisement
Back