OT: Beirut Explosion

I just saw this. If you understand how Israel operates in situations like this, you’d know that if they were blowing this up that they would do it at night - very late - when less people are around with less risk of casualties. This isn’t them.
Here is the thing with Israel. They believe, and rightly so, that they are under constant existential threat. Their enemy fights unconventionally and asymmetrically because they are militarily overmatched against Israel. One of their tactics is to embed military installations, weapons storage, command centers, etc. among civilians. Saddam Hussein popularized the term "human shields" and that is a type of asymmetrical military defense.

They know this deters attacks, counter attacks because of the the outrage and indignation that would ensue world wide when they accuse Israel of indiscriminately killing civilians.

Israel will still defend herself and will act preemptively if warranted if they think their survival is threatened in any way. Why would Israel have nothing to do with it? Are they morally responsible for how their enemy fights? Are they responsible if this is the tactic being used against them? Will they just sit back and allow themselves to be threatened because their enemy uses the civilian population to shield a warehouse full of explosive materials to make bombs and missiles lobbed at them?

Advertisement
There were three separate, rapid cascading explosions - and one can see (not the white air moisture vapor spread by the shockwave) a white smoke plume, a red smoke plume, and a tan smoke plume.

Oxidizers, High Explosives, and slower burning black powder/nitrates.

Someone blew up a munitions storage facility - likely started by the fire - or maybe not. It's almost like two targets were hit. One started the fire, the other was the cascading explosions.

The crater shows clearly from an overhead view that the center of the crater was well inland - whereas a ship would have been tied up at the dock/waterline.

I know my **** when it comes to explosives. And that was NOT a one-type, one-source explosive.

Now you know a CIS explosives expert.
Actually, I still don’t know a “CIS explosives expert”, though like I wrote before, I don’t doubt your experience.

I saw a before and after satellite picture of the area … and I find a ship. I think that’s because the ship there has been disabled. Possibly the nitrates had already been removed from the disabled ship and stored - improperly. Which would be the primary reason, to me, that the crater is “inland”.

A lot of what you concluded in your post(s) is speculation. You may in the end be proven to be right. But when I read more “non-CIS experts“ saying it’s likely NOT (notice the operative word likely), then I don’t have to contort logic, or violate Occam’s Razor, or fabricate a conspiracy, to make it anything more than human negligence/stupidity

1596711976629.jpeg

1596712322659.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is the thing with Israel. They believe, and rightly so, that they are under constant existential threat. Their enemy fights unconventionally and asymmetrically because they are militarily overmatched against Israel. One of their tactics is to embed military installations, weapons storage, command centers, etc. among civilians. Saddam Hussein popularized the term "human shields" and that is a type of asymmetrical military defense.

They know this deters attacks, counter attacks because of the the outrage and indignation that would ensue world wide when they accuse Israel of indiscriminately killing civilians.

Israel will still defend herself and will act preemptively if warranted if they think their survival is threatened in any way. Why would Israel have nothing to do with it? Are they morally responsible for how their enemy fights? Are they responsible if this is the tactic being used against them? Will they just sit back and allow themselves to be threatened because their enemy uses the civilian population to shield a warehouse full of explosive materials to make bombs and missiles lobbed at them?
Israel has made many disproportionate responses in her relatively short tenure as a country on earth, but despite you insistence … I’m with at @RVACane — this doesn’t say Israel at all. Would I put it past the Israelis? No, of course not; however, your ”theory”, though passing the laugh test, fails the smell test.

Israel has made many disproportionate responses in her relatively short tenure as a country on earth, but despite you insistence … I’m with at @RVACane — this doesn’t say Israel at all. Would I put it past the Israelis? No, of course not; however, your ”theory”, though passing the laugh test, fails the smell test.

Maybe you can start at its very inception (within 24 hours of becoming officially a nation) when attacked by 5 Arab countries.

Stick to down voting. When you actually comment it just exposes your ignorance.

Maybe you can start at its very inception (within 24 hours of becoming officially a nation) when attacked by 5 Arab countries.

Stick to down voting. When you actually comment it just exposes your ignorance.
You’re so mired in ignorance I shudder to believe you have electricity, Mr. Konstructa Strawman.

You stupidly don’t realize that you haven’t even addressed your original sin post of declaratively assigning responsibility to Israel.

Advertisement
You’re so mired in ignorance I shudder to believe you have electricity, Mr. Konstructa Strawman.

You stupidly don’t realize that you haven’t even addressed your original sin post of declaratively assigning responsibility to Israel.

I fully support Israel's right to exist, by any way they feel necessary, against hostile nations bent on their annihilation from Day 1.

Not sure what your other gibberish even meant. Stick to the emojis. Saves you from having to actually articulate a coherent thought which appears to be a challenge for you.

I fully support Israel's right to exist, by any way they feel necessary, against hostile nations bent on their annihilation from Day 1.

Not sure what your other gibberish even meant. Stick to the emojis. Saves you from having to actually articulate a coherent thought which appears to be a challenge for you.
It’s no surprise that you wouldn’t be sure what the “gibberish“ meant, because it’s written so that even a moron would understand. You being an imbecile, it clearly went over your head.

It’s also no surprise that each post just adds an additional strawman. It’s like you’re building an army, only nothing can defend such an imbecilic debate tactic.

Advertisement
It’s no surprise that you wouldn’t be sure what the “gibberish“ meant, because it’s written so that even a moron would understand. You being an imbecile, it clearly went over your head.

It’s also no surprise that each post just adds an additional strawman. It’s like you’re building an army, only nothing can defend such an imbecilic debate tactic.

Ad hominem attacks is a debate tactic for losers. You are flailing at this point. But at least you are attempting a discussion instead of going on your typical school girl emoji rant.

Ad hominem attacks is a debate tactic for losers. You are flailing at this point. But at least you are attempting a discussion instead of going on your typical school girl emoji rant.
No, I’m succeeding in not tolerating your stupid arguments to support positions thta you don’t have the ability/intelligence/knowledge to support. Meanwhile, you’re building more straw men. You lose again.

Isreal exceptionialsm?!

Lol "her".

Advertisement
No, I’m succeeding in not tolerating your stupid arguments to support positions thta you don’t have the ability/intelligence/knowledge to support. Meanwhile, you’re building more straw men. You lose again.

Let me help you along since you are actually trying to get involved in a rare discussion instead of emoji slinging. Going back to my original post you said that it was possible Israel could have been involved "you wouldn't put it past them" and I proposed a rationale why which you really haven't refuted.

You simply attacked it without any substantial rebuttal. And, you are talking out both sides of your mouth. Take a position and defend it.

You see, that's how debate works. Actually having to defend a position instead of deflecting to avoid having to actually exhibit a coherent thought process that can be reasonably defended.

So let's here a defense why you think it wasn't them. Who may have been responsible, assuming it was an "attack" of some sort?

Advertisement
Ironically, Hiroshima was 75 years ago today.

Let me help you along since you are actually trying to get involved in a rare discussion instead of emoji slinging. Going back to my original post you said that it was possible Israel could have been involved "you wouldn't put it past them" and I proposed a rationale why which you really haven't refuted.

You simply attacked it without any substantial rebuttal. And, you are talking out both sides of your mouth. Take a position and defend it.

You see, that's how debate works. Actually having to defend a position instead of deflecting to avoid having to actually exhibit a coherent thought process that can be reasonably defended.

So let's here a defense why you think it wasn't them. Who may have been responsible, assuming it was an "attack" of some sort?
Ok, my fault and my apology. Because your last post, clears up that you are intellectually inferior; that you believe you can make **** up without pushback and it must be accepted. it’s apparent you’re another poorly reared millennial.

In short: I agreed with rva Cane. Your initial post was bull****, it didn’t require refutation. I’m not going to do your work for you; I’m going to watch you flop around like a fish out of water - knowing that you’re fully out of your depth, even though you’re too stupid to recognize it.

Advertisement
Back