OT: Beirut Explosion

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seem to be confirming it was ammonium nitrate from a seized Russian ship, that because of beaurocratic red tape got tied up in the courts for six years and stayed on the dock.

My dad was a Captain with FDNY. He told me any years ago they had an ammonium nitrate ship catch fire on deck at the Brooklyn Navy yard right after WWII. They knew how serious it could be and sent every alarm in the vicinity. Fortunately the got the fire out and it didn't blow. He always talked about how lucky they were and what that would have done to New York if it blew - I know what he meant now.

"The thousands of tons of ammonium nitrate that Lebanese officials are blaming for the huge explosion arrived in the city aboard an ailing, Russian-owned cargo ship that made an unscheduled stop in the city more than six years ago."

I wasn't the one coming to conclusions. I was commentating about a guy that stepped to a podium yesterday to offer his "conclusions" and then was immediately undercut by his own DoD stating that we've seen no proof yet at all to substantiate his claims. Could just be a gut "feeling" he's running with again if we're talkin' feelings.

Your conclusion is that it was a baseless and unfounded comment, correct? How do you know? Doesn't matter to me what the DoD public position is. Just like what their public Bhengazi position was in a prior admin.

Your conclusion is that it was a baseless and unfounded comment, correct? How do you know? Doesn't matter to me what the DoD public position is. Just like what their public Bhengazi position was in a prior admin.
Lying DOD again! I just don't know why orange dad would call the general great if they are lying...the generals should be added to the fake news list!

Advertisement
I guess they never heard of the 1947 Port of Texas City ammonium nitrate explosion on the French ship (2,300 tons). Nearly 600 killed - remains the deadliest industrial accident in U.S. history.
I hadn't, but just skimmed through the multi part youtube doc. Crazy stuff about the water boiling.

Advertisement
They probably didn’t lie during their private briefing to the president.
So trump is out here telling reporters and the world that it was a terrorist attack but its too sensitive for the dod to...nvm you're right lol

Advertisement
Thats what imperialist do. We still have troops in japan, germany, s korea. Etc.
That is a stupid comment for several reasons:
1) You are comparing troops that were kept in countries for decades after a war to supplies provided after a disaster;
2) Israel cannot even give the aid directly. They have to give it through indirect channels because of the fact that the two countries are still officially at war, which is largely because Hezbollah and similar groups are capitalizing on the unrest in what was and is a beautiful country;
3) I noticed you did not include any of the Muslim countries that sent aid as imperialists, of which there were few. I also noticed that you did not criticize the other Muslim countries that are not presently at war with Lebanon, and still did not send aid, of which there are many.

Please try to use some critical thinking outside of the PLO and BDS talking points.

That is a stupid comment for several reasons:
1) You are comparing troops that were kept in countries for decades after a war to supplies provided after a disaster;
2) Israel cannot even give the aid directly. They have to give it through indirect channels because of the fact that the two countries are still officially at war, which is largely because Hezbollah and similar groups are capitalizing on the unrest in what was and is a beautiful country;
3) I noticed you did not include any of the Muslim countries that sent aid as imperialists, of which there were few. I also noticed that you did not criticize the other Muslim countries that are not presently at war with Lebanon, and still did not send aid, of which there are many.

Please try to use some critical thinking outside of the PLO and BDS talking points.
Excellent post. Thank you.

Advertisement
Back